Geno's post-game comments | The Boneyard

Geno's post-game comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
From Jim Fuller:

"A little bit of everything, that is an understatement," Auriemma said with a laugh. "It was really weird. The first 10 minutes was kind of productive, we got some things done. The first five or six minutes of the second half, maybe the first 10 minutes, we got a bunch of stuff done. Everything else was a struggle. The fouls in the first half, I think we were called for more fouls in the first half than we had in the entire (Texas A&M) game so the game had no rhythm to it, no flow to it. There were a lot of missed shots. Maybe it is this gym. There are a lot of times when we come down here and not exactly played stellar basketball."

Auriemma was happy to see Caroline Doty drain five 3-pointers and also play a solid floor game with five assists and no turnovers and was also happy with Heather Buck, who had four points and nine rebounds in relief of a foul-prone and ineffective Stefanie Dolson.

LINK

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Have to agree, that was a pretty painful game to watch. (except for the first few minutes)

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
A quote from the NYTIMES report this morning (AP) explains it to me - re: Dolson fouls, well, that is what happens when you are "away" sometimes (???):)

"The press was the difference, you can't prepare for Connecticut's pressure," Seton Hall coach Anne Donovan said. "You can prepare with your own players, but it doesn't simulate what you see game time. The difference of the game after that point was he took the press off. We talked long and hard about taking care of the basketball. We didn't take care of that from the beginning to the end."

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Seems to me that when the press is taken off, UCONN loses concentration at both ends.

Reaction Score
Seems to me that when the press is taken off, UCONN loses concentration at both ends.

You are absolutely right!

Passing into the post still need a lot of work.

(Did anyone see KML's reactions when she called for the ball down low and CD's was late getting the ball to her?)

Peace,

John Fryer

Reaction Score

(Did anyone see KML's reactions when she called for the ball down low and CD's was late getting the ball to her?)

Peace,

John Fryer

UCONN should try to get the ball to KML whenever possible because she is the best offensive threat they have. Like Stef is the inside threat, KML is the outside threat. Yes, UCONN has other offensive threats, but noone shoots like KML.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It is very hard to stay focused in a game like this. A complete blowout early, from a devastating defense. Im dont agree but hey I think most of us were bored watching the game. The team let up and lost their focus. IMO some of it had to do with just playing to fast and on the other hand we showed we can play fast. It took SHU almost 12 minutes to score other then a foul shot. SHU slapped and was very physical and no calls on them.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score

Peace,

John Fryer

Yeah, I caught that...I like the fact that she is competitive and demands the ball. I also like the way Caroline Doty calmed her down...whatever she said it amounted to "don't worry, we got this"...

Reaction Score
I also think the timing of the game was tough. It's right before finals. If my current brain state because of finals is similar to theirs, I totally understand why they played the way they played last night :p

Reaction Score
Is there a video of Geno's press conference following last nights game? It is usually posted on the U Conn Women's site, but nothing as of noon Sat.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
UCONN should try to get the ball to KML whenever possible because she is the best offensive threat they have. Like Stef is the inside threat, KML is the outside threat. Yes, UCONN has other offensive threats, but noone shoots like KML.

It wasn't Kaleena who sank 5 3's last night. My point being that I don't want our players to "look" to KLM anywhere close to what they did with Maya. We are stronger offensively this year and need to look to each and every one of them.

Reaction Score
Is there a video of Geno's press conference following last nights game? It is usually posted on the U Conn Women's site, but nothing as of noon Sat.
Only video from home games are posted. This game was played on the road.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

Peace,

John Fryer
Im glad she made CD aware and it was nice to see CD respond.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I love how KML has that little edge to her. Reminds me a bit of Diana. I don't see KML ruffling Geno's hair anytime soon, but she definitely has that same competitve fire.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I also think the timing of the game was tough. It's right before finals. If my current brain state because of finals is similar to theirs, I totally understand why they played the way they played last night :p
There's also something about playing in the high school gym the Seton Hall women's team uses. UConn has had more than one yucky game there.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There's also something about playing in the high school gym the Seton Hall women's team uses. UConn has had more than one yucky game there.
True.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul