Geno's Dilemma | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno's Dilemma

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The thought of pulling a senior for a freshman just makes no sense to me.
That should depend on who the players are. In the case of UConn, no. The year should not make a difference as much as the experience and talent does.

Reaction Score
I agree. As we recall from watching the previous game with Louisville both the quickness peremeter shooting created problems for the Huskies. Sam Fuehing has been playing extraordinary really well and that will certainly keep Phee's hands full on the defensive end. Whie I was impressed with the play of Williams in the first half of the UCLA game and of course Crystals heroics in the fourth quarter I'm just not certain how our guard play matches up. This will certainly be an exciting game to watch. I really thought UCLA had a great opportunity to beat are huskies. Kennedy Burke demonstrated the impact of an athletic thoughtful basketball player. Sam Fuehring presents more problems than Kennedy Burke. Less than 2 hours to game time and I can't wait. Extremely nervous.
There are times I wish I didn't read some of b_____s these so called fans say.

Reaction Score
I'm not at all optimistic about today's game. Without Lou being 100% the chance for a UCONN win is slim to none. Louisville is playing very well right now.

I was a bit down on today game too but boy was I wrong. Too win I said :

1. Lou needs to be Lou
2. We need to score off the break(either by forcing turnovers or Louisville being cold and missing shots and that can start our break)

I was gladly surprised and would like to eat a big piece of crap I'm wrong pie hahaha.

Lou was vintage- I didn't see that coming
We forced turnovers and scored on the break
We had good energy with a short rotation. I think Lou in foul trouble was actually a good thing to et her a breather and have her fresh for the stretch minutes.

Was I the only person that though CD got fouled at the end? A tie up? I was livid.
Walker and CW did just enough,

All that said it was amazing that Louisville was within striking distance all game considering they went 4 for 22 from three, and Durr had an of game. That is kinda the scary part and that does giving me some sight concern....

Great game, great win.
Go uconn

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This would have been a brilliant OP (thread) if the poster had been working the mojo. However, I don't think the OP (or some of the others who supported the position) was quite that clever.

It should be pinned to the top though for LOLz. :D

Reaction Score
The thought of pulling a senior for a freshman just makes no sense to me.
That depends on the Senior and the Freshman, and the abilities of the frosh and extent of injuries to the Senior. DT in the Okla game may have taken the place of a Senior--other games when DT was a frosh. Yes ONO isn't DT--you made a generalized comment--answered generalized. With the specifics of DT thrown in. If you are saying Lou should play and not ONO, that too depends. Some frosh playing in place of Seniors makes sense.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
What did you and Bajan Best say?
LOL, My topic was simply a projection based on specific scenarios due to the apparent physical health of a very important player. The actual content of my post was mostly questions to the viewers of this board, for which most members tried to share their view(s) in a respectful way, while a few others took it upon themselves to resort to the typical insult throwing response.. (Which I will always ignore)

Thankfully the questions I asked did not have to be answered in yesterdays game, since KLS shot the ball and played (even to the surprise of her coaches and teammates) outstanding/amazing, considering her injury in a two day turnaround. It was certainly special to watch her and all the other huskies perform at the level we know they can.. NEXT! :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That depends on the Senior and the Freshman, and the abilities of the frosh and extent of injuries to the Senior. DT in the Okla game may have taken the place of a Senior--other games when DT was a frosh. Yes ONO isn't DT--you made a generalized comment--answered generalized. With the specifics of DT thrown in. If you are saying Lou should play and not ONO, that too depends. Some frosh playing in place of Seniors makes sense.
Nope, don’t think so. Freshmen notoriously become deer in the headlights in huge games. Putting that kind of pressure on a young player would be silly

Reaction Score
Nope, don’t think so. Freshmen notoriously become deer in the headlights in huge games. Putting that kind of pressure on a young player would be silly
Nope don't think so Maya started her first game, and the first game for the team and never looked back. To apply terminology or physical attirbutes or talent or abilities as a generality defies the truth of human beings. Each is different and many are younger than their age and some are mentally and physially mature for their ages. Once suit does not fit all. A fact of the human condition. Deny it if you will--thats your choice because the Boneyard is your pencil and paper.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nope don't think so Maya started her first game, and the first game for the team and never looked back. To apply terminology or physical attirbutes or talent or abilities as a generality defies the truth of human beings. Each is different and many are younger than their age and some are mentally and physially mature for their ages. Once suit does not fit all. A fact of the human condition. Deny it if you will--thats your choice because the Boneyard is your pencil and paper.
Maya, Diana, and Breanna are otherworldly players whose peers you can count on one hand. Candace Parker, Sabrina Ionescu, ummmmmm.....

Reaction Score
Maya, Diana, and Breanna are otherworldly players whose peers you can count on one hand. Candace Parker, Sabrina Ionescu, ummmmmm.....
In that you are correct. No argument with that. All recruits are not like those mentioned. That is the exceptions to which I was referring. I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, like CW/Walker, untlil proven otherwise. I am hoping Griffin is the exception too. Without a European she will be needed. I am a viewer of the Human Condition. We have been condemned as to be among the worst of animals. That is not true. For the most part we are an exceptional animal. The good and bad in the world was created by our ancestors and to some extent by us. We as animals have been exceptional--and my puppies are giving back in many ways. I'm proud of those that come after me. As I know you are
I don't think we really disagree--think along different channels. Minoring in Psychology helps one to see all options.

Reaction Score
Only certain players, like Stewie can be put in that situation. It was Kelly who said at the end of the final four about Stewie. We all knew how good Stewie could be, and we needed her to be that to win the championship.

Reaction Score
Only certain players, like Stewie can be put in that situation. It was Kelly who said at the end of the final four about Stewie. We all knew how good Stewie could be, and we needed her to be that to win the championship.
How soon one forgets DT and the OKLA championship as a frosh. Or Maya. Lessor kids (not by talent or desire or effort but not often mentioned) Rene. and others. Sue, Swin, Asia (sp), Williams--teams before them. Stew was exceptional, no one can deny that, set the limits but there were exceptional Freshmen before her.

Reaction Score
How soon one forgets DT and the OKLA championship as a frosh. Or Maya. Lessor kids (not by talent or desire or effort but not often mentioned) Rene. and others. Sue, Swin, Asia (sp), Williams--teams before them. Stew was exceptional, no one can deny that, set the limits but there were exceptional Freshmen before her.

Diana was a Sophmore. Her freshman year she had that horrific shooting night vs Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
I don't think we are ready for Sabrina to be in the same sentence with UConn royalty.

Reaction Score
Diana was a Sophmore. Her freshman year she had that horrific shooting night vs Notre Dame.
Dang, DT had a horrible shooting night as a frosh --so all frosh should sit. Do you keep records of how many Seniors had a bad shooting night? (think KLS)
Another posting asked the question about shooting slumps, i.e a bad night or 3 then 30 points. Seems, this affliction has no academic year associated with it. Sorry I came off flippant. I don't believe in one day in a players life defining that player. Or humans for that matter. All freshmen are not poor players or do all get anxiety attack in big games---a generality I will strongly dispute. Geno has and Geno will use Frosh in big games. If the recruiting for next season does not improve, you will see at least ONE frosh playing many games next season. Does Geno sit a talented Frosh (think AG) for sophs, juniors, or Seniors on next years bench? Reality and Ultimate perfection--pick one.

Reaction Score
I don't think we are ready for Sabrina to be in the same sentence with UConn royalty.
You may not like that but Sabrina is an outstanding player since her frosh year. That is what Nan and I were discussing Frosh playing or frosh with the look of a deer in head lights. The latter is true of some kids. But most kids that come to Uconn are experienced players with years of playing in many situations--that's what Geno goes for. Those that are of the deer mode came as practice players.

Reaction Score
Rene was the pg for Geno as a frosh and led that team in some less that great years. Barbara Turner an exceptional player who left nothing but blood on the floor. Does that detract from their abilities or their importance to the Uconn lineage, both played long as frosh. Stewie cannot be used as the measuring stick--maybe the example of not ever again. All players can be put in THAT situation, some will succeed (as those above) and some will fail. If not winning an NC or FF or Elite 8 is failure--nothing more need be said.
I've hung with UCWBB when winning wasn't an expectation to when losing wasn't accepted by fans.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Bumpity bump

This thread has some darn serious mojo so we can’t let it die. I want to see 10 pages by Friday, people

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom