Geno will be in Tennessee Saturday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno will be in Tennessee Saturday

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I want this thing to be a hoax so much just because it is Tennessee. BTW wouldn't Geno's absence be reported in the run up to Saturday?
Rocky - I think many will take this as being about Tennessee but it's all about Alzhiemers and Pat Summitt.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
So you don’t think Geno believes it’s important for him to be at the scrimmage to see how his players interact, both on and off the court, figure out what the Huskies still need to work on, finalize his rotation for the start of the season, and just get a feel for exactly where his team is 4 days before the 1st game?

I strongly suspect Geno would disagree.
Nopw. Again I don't think Auriemma will be in Tennessee but I am confident that missing this exhibition game would have zero impact on the season. To mangle an Iverson quote " It's just a exhibition"

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nopw. Again I don't think Auriemma will be in Tennessee but I am confident that missing this exhibition game would have zero impact on the season. To mangle an Iverson quote " It's just a exhibition"
Sorry, but that’s not coaching. Preparation is continuous. There’s always one more thing you want to know about your team and improve upon. While you can learn a lot by looking at game film, being on the sidelines is a much different perspective that is equally informative. Geno understands this. That’s why in the nearly 5 decades that he’s coached, the only games he’s ever missed, in season or preseason, were the result of illness or a death in the family. That’s also why he earns a 7 figure salary to coach the best WBB program in the country.

And you misquoted Alen Iverson, who said, “It’s just practice.”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sorry, but that’s not coaching. Preparation is continuous. There’s always one more thing you want to know about your team and improve upon. While you can learn a lot by looking at game film, being on the sidelines is a much different perspective that is equally informative. Geno understands this. That’s why in the nearly 5 decades that he’s coached, the only games he’s ever missed, in season or preseason, were the result of illness or a death in the family. That’s also why he earns a 7 figure salary to coach the best WBB program in the country.

Iverson said it about 6 times! @vtcwbuff did say he was mangling the quote. Two of my favorite guys should make nice.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

“It’s just practice.”

Well no sheet. Did you miss the part where I said it was a mangled Iverson quote?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
“It’s just practice.”

Well no sheet. Did you miss the part where I said it was a mangled Iverson quote?
Many years ago, when I lived in MD, a friend had some tickets to an exhibition game in DC between the Wizards & 76’ers. He asked me if I wanted to go. I don’t remember a whole lot about the game. I believe the Wizards won. But I do remember that Alen Iverson played about half the game and he lit it up. Whatever reticence Iverson felt towards “practice” certainly didn’t extend to games, “exhibition” or otherwise.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Many years ago, when I lived in MD, a friend had some tickets to an exhibition game in DC between the Wizards & 76’ers. He asked me if I wanted to go. I don’t remember a whole lot about the game. I believe the Wizards won. But I do remember that Alen Iverson played about half the game and he lit it up. Whatever reticence Iverson felt towards “practice” certainly didn’t extend to games, “exhibition” or otherwise.
That is twice you mangled the spelling of Iverson's first name. Allen. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yeah, I just reviewed Geno's pregame and early on he's talking about how HE is going to play Paige. Do you think somewhere in this pregame he'd mention he won't be at the game? Stupid stunt, but some many these days are both stupid and stunts.
Yes... Trolls do what they do best ... TROLL.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but what good would his presence do for Pat, to be in Tennessee?

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but what good would his presence do for Pat, to be in Tennessee?

It’s for Alzheimer’s. I’m not sure why this is a question. Now whether or not he’ll be there, we’ll soon find out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom