Geno will be in Tennessee Saturday | The Boneyard

Geno will be in Tennessee Saturday

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn football will be playing Tennessee this Saturday. Pat Summitt will be honored that day and Geno will be on hand to pay his respects, as will other esteemed coaches and sports figures.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’m a little confused. The football game in Knoxville starts at noon on Saturday. UConn WBB is scheduled to play Southern CT in Storrs at 1:00 pm on Saturday. Geno is capable of some amazing things. But I doubt he can be in two places at once????

While the outcome of the exhibition doesn’t matter, it’s a pretty important game for player evaluation with only 4 days until the start of the season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
By the way, Richard G. West is a notorious TN blogger, with a pretty spotty history when it comes to facts. I seriously doubt that Geno will skip his team’s scrimmage to be in TN, despite his feelings about Pat.

Reaction Score
I’m a little confused. The football game in Knoxville starts at noon on Saturday. UConn WBB is scheduled to play Southern CT in Storrs at 1:00 pm on Saturday. Geno is capable of some amazing things. But I doubt he can be in two places at once????

While the outcome of the exhibition doesn’t matter, it’s a pretty important game for player evaluation with only 4 days until the start of the season.
I assume that UConn’s video coordinator produces a All 10 video of all games and probably practices as well. He’ll see more in a couple viewings of that with slo-mo than he would from the sideline.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I assume that UConn’s video coordinator produces a All 10 video of all games and probably practices as well. He’ll see more in a couple viewings of that with slo-mo than he would from the sideline.
Granted. I just don’t buy the story from a blogger with a questionable reputation. If there’s a more reputable source that says Geno will be in Knoxville on Saturday, then I will stand corrected.

Reaction Score
In addition If Pat is being honored at that game, and Geno is asked to pay his respects and participate in some way, it is just the right thing to do. If he refused so he could be at an exhibition game, he would never hear the end of it, so I think he is where he should be on Saturday.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In addition If Pat is being honored at that game, and Geno is asked to pay his respects and participate in some way, it is just the right thing to do. If he refused so he could be at an exhibition game, he would never hear the end of it, so I think he is where he should be on Saturday.
Guys, other than West’s tweet, there is absolutely no indication that Geno will be in Knoxville on Saturday. I’ve checked VolNation, Knox News and TN’s website. Absolutely no mention of Geno being at the game.

Furthermore, a head coach doesn’t skip out on an important scrimmage, unless his health is in question, or there’s a family emergency. By that stretch, what if one of the players asked to skip the exhibition game so they could shoot a commercial to earn some NIL income…heck it’s only an exhibition right?

Reaction Score
Guys, other than West’s tweet, there is absolutely no indication that Geno will be in Knoxville on Saturday. I’ve checked VolNation, Knox News and TN’s website. Absolutely no mention of Geno being at the game.

Furthermore, a head coach doesn’t skip out on an important scrimmage, unless his health is in question, or there’s a family emergency. By that stretch, what if one of the players asked to skip the exhibition game so they could shoot a commercial to earn some NIL income…heck it’s only an exhibition right?
I also looked at more than a dozen sites and none of them mentioned any of the listed people attending. If Geno was going to be there that would be a BIG deal and it would be all over the news. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but right now, I'm not buying it.

Reaction Score

I also think the UConn football scheduled this game before this exhibition game was scheduled, meaning this ceremony would be in the works long before this week. If he was in fact planning to be there I would imagine they would schedule exhibition games around it.

Reaction Score

I don't know or care if he's going or not. My point was that it doesn't matter anymore than when he's missed regular season games. Dailey can handle it.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

I think you are one of the most reasonable posters on the BY, which makes the false equivalency you just made even more surprising.

Surely you see it?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think you are one of the most reasonable posters on the BY, which makes the false equivalency you just made even more surprising.

Surely you see it?
Let’s call it hyperbole….:rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't know or care if he's going or not. My point was that it doesn't matter anymore than when he's missed regular season games. Dailey can handle it.
And I agreed with the point you made. But I disagree with the OP suggesting that Geno will be in Knoxville on Saturday, foregoing the opportunity to be with his team during their last big test prior to the start of the season.

Reaction Score

I think he's got it. If they haven't impressed by now maybe they will get another look in January.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"it’s a pretty important game for player evaluation with only 4 days until the start of the season. "

I disagree. While I believe that he will be at the exhibition game, if not, Auriemma will have the opportunity to view tape with all the advantages that provides, plus he has a competent coaching staff to fill him in.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I want this thing to be a hoax so much just because it is Tennessee. BTW wouldn't Geno's absence be reported in the run up to Saturday?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I want this thing to be a hoax so much just because it is Tennessee. BTW wouldn't Geno's absence be reported in the run up to Saturday?
Rocky, it is a hoax, or more aptly “fake news.” Already acknowledged. Geno will be in Storrs on Saturday coaching his team, although he did sound like he was dealing with a cold in the presser yesterday. So Geno will either be at the game in Storrs or home in bed.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rocky, it is a hoax, or more aptly “fake news.” Already acknowledged. Geno will be in Storrs on Saturday coaching his team, although he did sound like he was dealing with a cold in the presser yesterday. So Geno will either be at the game in Storrs or home in bed.
Yeah, I just reviewed Geno's pregame and early on he's talking about how HE is going to play Paige. Do you think somewhere in this pregame he'd mention he won't be at the game? Stupid stunt, but some many these days are both stupid and stunts.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
"it’s a pretty important game for player evaluation with only 4 days until the start of the season. "

I disagree. While I believe that he will be at the exhibition game, if not, Auriemma will have the opportunity to view tape with all the advantages that provides, plus he has a competent coaching staff to fill him in.
So you don’t think Geno believes it’s important for him to be at the scrimmage to see how his players interact, both on and off the court, figure out what the Huskies still need to work on, finalize his rotation for the start of the season, and just get a feel for exactly where his team is 4 days before the 1st game?

I strongly suspect Geno would disagree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom