Geno: "We did a lot of dumb things that are still haunting us." | The Boneyard

Geno: "We did a lot of dumb things that are still haunting us."

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Hmm. What was Geno's stance on the second amendment?

Reaction Score
I think he kind of burst the bubble of CR hope for UConn. I guess that there are no talks with other conferences happening if you read what he said.

Reaction Score
but, but, but Pitt and others were part of the lawsuit as well. That stupid lawsuit caused more harm than good. you D-ick Blumenthal

Reaction Score
Geno seems to disagree with Nelson's Big East suggestion.

“We have already been affected by it [conference realignment]. We used to be a part of the best basketball league that ever existed [the Big East]. Go back two or three years and the Big East provided the best [college] basketball ever played, men and women.

“But football has taken the lead and the big five power conferences want to do their own things, separate from the NCAA, if possible, and have their own rules to do whatever they want, whenever they want and how ever they want. UConn had a choice. We could have moved forward without football and end up where the Big East is now, which I don’t know where that is. Or we could go with football and try to maximize it and create enough interest [in the school] that the [power] conferences might include us.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We need to sell out venues. That's the only thing us fans can control. All of the positive buzz UCONN fans received from driving up MSG prices in March needs to be carried into football season. It is ridiculously important that love for UCONN is first and foremost and a vital selling point to persuade fans into buying tickets.

Reaction Score
All you can do is what your doing now try to get in the aau continued spending in academics and continue to be who you are in athletics a basketball blueblood. I think your doing what you need to do to get into the big and when its all said and done the ACC is going to owe you a big apology for not seeing what UConn athletics brings to college basketball.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think he kind of burst the bubble of CR hope for UConn. I guess that there are no talks with other conferences happening if you read what he said.

I don't agree at all. I think his comments are more of another rallying cry to convince fans to buy football tickets.

Reaction Score
He wouldn't know when Maryland was invited all they were told is there was going to be a 16th school to pair with them its top secret that's why you cant believe the dude or mhver3

Reaction Score
The boneyard has one of the best on the net for big realignment in kyle lamb when people were saying the big is going after teams in the big 12 he said to look east that was over 2 yrs ago then the big sets up headquarters in NYC and planting there feet in the east coast if he is saying UConn to the big I would believe him he is not the dude or mhver3 he is plugged in to this realignment stuff

Reaction Score
Maybe we should just shut down the Conference Realignment Board for a month. I'd just stop reading myself but I'm addicted and sometimes it's just better to take the booze away from the drunk instead of hoping the drunk will walk away on his own.

Reaction Score
Geno's play hard no matter what is not exactly a breakthrough. I just sense, in the way of his negative expectations, that the ACC is teetering on an invite.

ACC needs a force in New York (I had said the same of the Big 12 but it looks like they are holding steady at 10), bitterness aside it is a smart move. UCONN-DUKE at least once a year. Imagine Duke at Gampel----talk about an event-----and I know they play this year after they dust off the IZOD Center (why does Duke like that arena so much?) but having them in our division in the same conference, wet dream material. Plus UNC.

Geno speaks his mind but he took the negatives way far. Something is up, too much lawyer stuff that he was over the top with. A stream of apologies for the ACC for the lawsuits.

If Boston College can get over it, another great rivalry. We got them to play us this season. And what really was up with the Calhoun to BC rumor during the NCAA Tournament?

I think, we are ACC bound if we both get over the bitterness. Who knows, it may save the ACC down the road as there stability is in question. Those great hoop match-ups. And it would be the best thing for football rather being thrown to the wolves.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Maybe we should just shut down the Conference Realignment Board for a month. I'd just stop reading myself but I'm addicted and sometimes it's just better to take the booze away from the drunk instead of hoping the drunk will walk away on his own.
Some day... I will check out the Boneyard and see that our number has finally been called. I want to be there when that happens. Until then I'm a glutton for punishment...

Reaction Score
When the shifting began, it seemed like the beginning of major changes but that we'd be alright. Now it seems like a HUGE deal because of the separation of the Resource 5. If anything, UCONN seems, no, is more driven than any university right now to improve both academically and athletically. It is impressive. UCONN will be alright. We fans will be more alright once UCONN fulfills its destiny.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
BCU doesn't want us in the ACC, but it has little to do with the lawsuit, and everything to do with their desire to be the only major conference school in New England. It is an obstacle, but one that Herbst should have been able to sell through.

People run into sales obstacles all the time, but good salespeople sell through them, especially if they have the better product. Having BCU as a sales obstacle is like a software salesmen pitching a company where the HR Director hates him. You never want someone to hate you at a potential client, but you should be able to sell through a hostile HR Director. Same with the ACC and BCU.

Until 24 hours before the announcement that Louisville was joining the ACC, EVERYONE thought UConn was going to be invited. Louisville has a nice athletic department, but it is the #2 school for fan interest in freaking KENTUCKY! Louisville is a freaking commuter school. There is no one to blame for that except Herbst and Manual.

Reaction Score
BCU doesn't want us in the ACC, but it has little to do with the lawsuit, and everything to do with their desire to be the only major conference school in New England. It is an obstacle, but one that Herbst should have been able to sell through.

People run into sales obstacles all the time, but good salespeople sell through them, especially if they have the better product. Having BCU as a sales obstacle is like a software salesmen pitching a company where the HR Director hates him. You never want someone to hate you at a potential client, but you should be able to sell through a hostile HR Director. Same with the ACC and BCU.

Until 24 hours before the announcement that Louisville was joining the ACC, EVERYONE thought UConn was going to be invited. Louisville has a nice athletic department, but it is the #2 school for fan interest in freaking KENTUCKY! Louisville is a freaking commuter school. There is no one to blame for that except Herbst and Manual.
The grey cloud over the men's basketball program and the ineptitude of Pasqualoni's program didn't help much either. We were two years behind. If the ACC had to chose one of us today, would it make the same decision?

Reaction Score
When the shifting began, it seemed like the beginning of major changes but that we'd be alright. Now it seems like a HUGE deal because of the separation of the Resource 5. If anything, UCONN seems, no, is more driven than any university right now to improve both academically and athletically. It is impressive. UCONN will be alright. We fans will be more alright once UCONN fulfills its destiny.

Couldn't agree with this more. While many universities are passively sitting by watching CR and hoping for the best, UConn is aggressively getting better in every sense, academics, athletics, facilities on campus, enrollment...etc. Although not happening quick enough for some fans, I'm convinced UConn will emerge from this mess right where they want to be.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
CTMike said:
Some day... I will check out the Boneyard and see that our number has finally been called. I want to be there when that happens. Until then I'm a glutton for punishment...

I already have my elation victory post ready to go. Hope I get a chance to use it someday soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom