Geno tests positive for COVID-19 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Geno tests positive for COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What the hell are you saying, It was reported that the team is OK. Stop spreading this garbage !

It doesn't mean that no one will turn positive in the next few days. Not sure where you've been the past twelve months, but this is a serious disease. Have you been in a coma for the past year?

Reaction Score
What team takes our place in the tournament if we can't go?
We're going.

But anyway, the 4 standby teams are Houston, DePaul, Notre Dame and Oklahoma. Don't know if one of them would directly replace a #1 seed, or if they would re-do the whole regional bracket, putting the replacement team at the bottom. ??

Reaction Score
Shock......Coach tests positive. He will be fine.....let's be optimistic. Thank God all his players and coaches are fine. CD has been with him since day 1. She is a great basketball person, a great hall of fame coach who decided to stay at UConn with Geno after being offered some big time jobs.....says a lot for her...doesn't it? She is the female Geno and has 2 excellent coaches in Shea and Jamelle. I am sure that the team has great respect for her and will go all out. Paige, a freshman, incredibly is a playing coach and Evina is a leader, giving the team 5 people to look for if necessary. Get and stay well coach G, you have always been the best......I am certain that there will be communication between San Antonio and the Auriemma home. We are with you girls....get it done!!

Reaction Score
We're going.

But anyway, the 4 standby teams are Houston, DePaul, Notre Dame and Oklahoma. Don't know if one of them would directly replace a #1 seed, or if they would re-do the whole regional bracket, putting the replacement team at the bottom. ??
I thought the rules were it had to be a team from your conference replacing your spot and that the rest of the bracket would remain unchanged?

Reaction Score
I thought the rules were it had to be a team from your conference replacing your spot and that the rest of the bracket would remain unchanged?
Only if you were a 1-bid conference then the conference would choose the replacement - otherwise it comes from the first 4 out. And I think it only happens over the next couple of days. After that it is just forfeits

Reaction Score
The vaccines thus far have been shown to primarily reduce severe illness, hospitalizations and deaths in those that receive them - infection is still possible and is well documented in the clinical trials.

With two doses that have had a chance to work, the incidence of any covid is reduced by 95%. So infection is still possible but it is a very low probability. And in the rare cases of someone getting it, the vaccines have virtually eliminated hospitalizations and deaths.

Reaction Score
Serious question..have they tested people after they had vaccines? Like..seems like you would test positive given they just gave you dead covid.
I've had the full vaccine and I still get tested everyday by my employer. Pain in the ass but everyday I get a negative test result I exhale just a bit. 50% of my department has tested positive or been contact traced and somehow I have missed it all.

Reaction Score
I can’t resist but isn’t this the same guy who said not to question him regarding him taking off his mask due to the amount of testing they do etc. etc. geezo Geno ?
?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Coach Geno has been in close contact with all of the team members. This likely means that they will need to quarantine. Another men's team had to give up a spot in the tourney because of a player's positive result.
nope

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Looking for a “silver lining” in all this. According to the article in the Courant, Geno’s viral load tested extremely low, likely due to the fact that he had already been vaccinated, and therefore highly unlikely that he could have transmitted the virus to others.

Reaction Score
Looking for a “silver lining” in all this. According to the article in the Courant, Geno’s viral load tested extremely low, likely due to the fact that he had already been vaccinated, and therefore highly unlikely that he could have transmitted the virus to others.
Given that's he been testing several times a week for months now, it's safe to assume he's at the beginning of the infection. (Unless false positive is proved, of course.) Low viral loads are associated with the best outcomes. So yay, get well soon coach!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well that's it. We're doomed. I really don't see how we get past High Point now. Well it's been a interesting season. Too bad it has to end this way. We'll forever be known as the Stanford of the East. :(

Reaction Score
The vaccines thus far have been shown to primarily reduce severe illness, hospitalizations and deaths in those that receive them - infection is still possible and is well documented in the clinical trials.
Good post. Many seem to think that after being infected with Covid or getting 2 shots they are immune. Having 3 emergency room nurse relatives that are reporting cases are increasing again, neither are true. Unlikely to die, but particularly with the new variants that are evolving, you can still get Covid and in some cases, have severe respiratory or other issues requiring hospitalization or causing long term issues. Getting better but not perfect.

Reaction Score
San Antonio and Austin still has a mask mandate. I live here so I know....

There is no mask mandate at the public level in the state of Texas anymore. Any private business can impose their own mask requirement though.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There is no mask mandate at the public level in the state of Texas anymore. Any private business can impose their own mask requirement though.
The matter is being disputed through the courts between the Texas AG office and, e.g. city of Austin. For the moment the city is winning.

There's a history of heavy beef between state AG [parenthetical comment redacted due to extreme profanity] and the Austin mayor. So the former is picking this fight despite the fact that other municipalities in Texas are also moving to implement local mask mandates.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
False positives are not uncommon with rapid antigen tests that are typically used for daily testing. It can be as high as 5% depending on the particular test used. The current CDC guidelines for asymptomatic people who test positive with an antigen test is to follow up with a more sensitive and specific nucleic acid amplification test. If the person tests negative, typically on 2 consecutive days, the initial result is considered a false positive, and no quarantine is required. The results from nucleic acid amplification tests can take a while unless they are done at a point of care site like a hospital. We just have to wait and see what is reported tomorrow.
Aren't facts a wonderful thing.
Thank you DocSressor.
The truth will set you free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members