Geno tests positive for COVID-19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno tests positive for COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yikes. Reality decides to interrupt what has been looking more and more like it might be a feel-good, dream kind of season.

Coach had his 2nd dose on March 10th according to Alexa. The same day I did, actually. Missing one or even two games shouldn't matter. CD has coached before in his absence. I have all the confidence in the world that CD could lead this determined young team all the way to the end, if necessary. She's probably the 2nd or 3rd best coach in America. But lets hope she doesn't have to.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UConn Team members were very fortunate that Geno did not have any contact with the team for three days prior to contacting Covid. If he tested positive sometime this week, then the Team may not been able to participate in the Tournament.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
A reminder that this pandemic isn't completely over yet, despite declining case numbers, and that everyone needs to exercise caution.

Wishing Geno a quick recovery so he can rejoin his team. It will be strange not seeing him on the sidelines and I know it will feel odd for the players.

Reaction Score
First, &%^%@#$#%R!!!

Second,
  • With one shot received, chance of significant illness not high (yay)
  • Regardless of whether it's a false positive or not, he has to quarantine for 10 days
  • Bigger concern right now is if anyone else was exposed

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Get well soon Coach!!!! This was a complete shocker for me. Of all the surprises covid brought this year this one was completely unexpected.

"It's always the punch you don't see coming that puts you down." Riddick

Reaction Score
This is nuts. Texas is covid free they say.
I’m not sure if you mean covid-free in the sense that no one who tests positive is allowed (for the tournament) or as in Texas doesn’t have any/many cases. The former may be true, but the latter is false by a mile (though the number of cases is decreasing, thankfully).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Logistics. If all goes well, Geno could make it back for S16/E8

The timing of Auriemma's test could allow him to return to the team during March Madness should UConn still be in the hunt, but he must remain in isolation for 10 days, setting a potential date to rejoin the team for March 24. He had just received a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine on March 10 before testing positive.

Reaction Score
CD is undefeated as a coach. combining her wins as an assistant and temporary head coach she has more wins the Geno.

Coach Geno has been in close contact with all of the team members. This likely means that they will need to quarantine. Another men's team had to give up a spot in the tourney because of a player's positive result.

Reaction Score
Hasn’t been in contact since March 12th, they’ve all been tested negative everyday since testing began last Tuesday so they are all still negative right now and allowed to travel to Texas tomorrow.
Coach Geno has been in close contact with all of the team members. This likely means that they will need to quarantine. Another men's team had to give up a spot in the tourney because of a player's positive result.

Reaction Score
No, he hasn't.

Reaction Score
Pray Geno recovery soon, and all the team members are healthy.

1615844668203.png

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Geno. I know it is close to your BD. Covid should have waited till after the FF. Get Well.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don’t want to be a downer here, but I’m a little confused on UConn heading to San Antonio tomorrow. If Geno’s last exposure to his team was Friday, the CDC recommends that individuals who are exposed and regularly tested should quarantine for 7 days, at least.

Assuming all tests are negative, that would mean that UConn should not travel until this coming Friday, 3/19. Am I missing something here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom