Geno quote about AEH status | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Geno quote about AEH status

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Again I disagree with your entire view. I'm so glad Geno is not doing what you want him to do. We can agree to disagree. Other than others made defensive mistakes too- there is nothing here i agree with- it's also your tone. You know Geno only has a mic for so long, right?
Because you disagree does that make you right and me wrong? I really don't care whether or not you agree. Whether I'm right or wrong, I stated my opinion which is usually different from yours.

Reaction Score
Because you disagree does that make you right and me wrong? I really don't care whether or not you agree. Whether I'm right or wrong, I stated my opinion which is usually different from yours.

And I don't care that you don't care. How long do we to go through this dance? What was the point of your post? I'm saying you are wrong. It was my opinion. And I stated why when I said it. Why would I care that you disagree without giving a reason? If you want to elaborate why I'm wrong -- go for it. I enjoy the discussion. If not, fine too. But if you don't give me a reason then I can care less whether you don't care.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sounds like we need an "All Physical" Mount Rushmore discussion. Maybe in another thread. :D

Meantime, I'll nominate Dolson.
If I can nominate two it would be Dee and Rizzotti.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
It's relatively rare for me even to read a full post by hoophuskee, and even rarer for me to agree with it. But your original post earlier in this thread is one that I can definitely endorse.

There is a big difference between mental errors (which are controllable) and physical errors (which usually aren't). Missing an assignment is a mental error; getting beat by a fast player with the ball is a physical error (or maybe just a physical limitation). In major league baseball, managers used to be able (maybe they still are) to fine players for major lapses, and the basic expectation was that fines would be imposed only for mental errors. If a second baseman drops the toss from the shortstop and ruins a double play, that doesn't generate a fine. If he forgets to cover second base (or if a pitcher fails to cover first base on a grounder to the right side of the infield), that is a mental error that might generate a fine.

Geno can't fine his players, so instead he yells at them and often calls them out in public. I'm not always comfortable with the fact that those conversations aren't kept private, but that is his way and everyone knows it, including (I'm sure) Azura even before she came to Storrs. I think in this case she would acknowledge that she made a serious defensive mistake, and that it's part of a pattern that she needs to correct. And I think she will.

I'm pretty sure that KLS, Napheesa, C. Williams, ONO, and recruits going back to Maya and Diana all knew that Geno did that and would do it to them if (in his eyes) they earn it. They also know that when they fix their issues (which they will), he will publicly give them full credit for having done that. Undoubtedly, there are some talented players who know they wouldn't want that treatment and who don't come for that reason. But as Geno has said, "The players you don't get don't hurt you." He went on to say that the players that he does get who don't fit into the UConn program are a much bigger problem.

Reaction Score
It's relatively rare for me even to read a full post by hoophuskee, and even rarer for me to agree with it. But your original post earlier in this thread is one that I can definitely endorse.

I can''t stand that no good sob either! :):):)

yeah I disagree with a lot of your stuff too. Every once in a while I guess the state of Ct shakes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom