Geno on the men’s team | The Boneyard

Geno on the men’s team

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You hate to put anything on anybody, but they’re better than they were last year,” UConn women’s head coach Geno Auriemma said Monday. “You say, ‘Well, how's that possible?’ The guys that they had come back are more experienced. They’ve been through the championship run. … I don’t think they need luck this year. They’re so ... good and they can win any kind of game.”

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You hate to put anything on anybody, but they’re better than they were last year,” UConn women’s head coach Geno Auriemma said Monday. “You say, ‘Well, how's that possible?’ The guys that they had come back are more experienced. They’ve been through the championship run. … I don’t think they need luck this year. They’re so ... good and they can win any kind of game.”

Someone is gonna take that luck comment the wrong way.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Thank you Captain Obvious

:)

I love Geno, so don't being going Boneyard on me. Although I suppose a few will say we're "doomed"

Reaction Score

Geno heavy with the Doom.

Reaction Score
I respect and welcome Geno's comments. He enjoys good basketball as much as anyone.

BTW, I see many similarities to the two teams. Both play suffocating D, play unselfish and are lead by great coaching staffs. Unfortunately, the WBB team has had a great deal of injuries this year.

Reaction Score
I respect and welcome Geno's comments. He enjoys good basketball as much as anyone.

BTW, I see many similarities to the two teams. Both play suffocating D, play unselfish and are lead by great coaching staffs. Unfortunately, the WBB team has had a great deal of injuries this year.
Yes. I’ve been saying I feel genos impression on Dan was deeper than Jim’s. This looks like a 2000’s UConn women’s team with the ball movement, confidence in every player, high iq, made for the big games, etc.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Exactly. For years I marveled at the fundamental execution of the women's team which was like watching a clinic on "how to".

That's how the men's team plays now.

College Basketball Capital of the World.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
How is the health of the women’s team heading into the tournament? I see Paige and Aliyah are back. Anyone else still missing?

Reaction Score
You forgot about Griffin
I knew I was making a mistake by listing them - for effect - but me and my ADHD brain double-checked to make sure I didn't leave anyone out. Oh well, sorry Miss Griffin, hope the rehab is going well.

Reaction Score

Id like to get Pitinos opinion. He was the first guy outside of the media to say Uconn was going to win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom