Geno on Sarah | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno on Sarah

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You don't think Brady's play in the most critical part of the season, the BET and NCAAT, was good enough to qualify her as a "good backup"? She needs a quantum leap? C'mon, get serious. Bad backups don't play 40 minute back to back games and help win them. They don't even get into those games.
Ice did look better at the end of the year. I would fully expect her to make a "quantum leap" at the start of this year.

She now knows exactly what she does well, and exactly the thing she struggled with. I fully expect a player to be better than the version of Ice we saw by the end of last year.

I think a lot of people are expecting a lot from Jana based upon her play last summer. I'm very hopeful, but coming back from a year-long injury is tough. I'm glad she's already practicing. More time to shake off the cobwebs.

Reaction Score
She’s gonna be the one! Hard to believe we’re gonna have Paige and Sarah on the same team!

Reaction Score
She’s gonna be the one! Hard to believe we’re gonna have Paige and Sarah on the same team!
I know I’m the most irritating optimist, but I feel exactly the same way. I’ve had a circus or a parade or a jazz band bouncing along in my head as I consider the team’s prospects. Paige and Sarah!!! OMG!!

And Geno outsmarted all of us by adding Kaitlyn, a little floor general most of us didn’t even realize the team needed. I was still basking in the satisfaction that Nika made the Storm roster. But Geno knew a hole had to be filled. And now getting Kaitlyn looks like a stroke of genius, one more from the wiliest fox of them all.

Even if none of the injured return besides Jana, he’s put together another final four team. An incredible recruiting class that the pundits have yet to recognize. But add in just Azzi and you’ll see an astounding leap. Add Caroline and the sky’s the limit. Add Aubrey and suddenly you have an incredible transition team, rebounding and defense — everything gets turbocharged. Add Ayanna and the frontcourt becomes super strong and quick. The only problem is fitting together this abundance of riches.

It’s about time Geno had such problems again!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How Brady played in the 1st 3/4 of the season was below what I expected. Isn't how she played in the last 25% of the season much more important? Do others think she is going to regress? I also discounted that it took time for her to trust her knee again. Given that and an expected sophomore jump it's reasonable to see her in a front court rotation of El Alfy, Brady, Strong and maybe Patterson. Besides that group Cheli, Griffin and Ducharme have enough size and skill to play some minutes inside or against smaller opponents.

Everything is going to depend on who plays best with whom this summer. And health.
Fixed your post. ;)

Reaction Score
The Ice who finished last season would be a starter on most top-20 teams.
I don’t know. You should know by now that what experienced BB eyes see isn’t that important anymore. It’s all about the analytics now. Auriemma and his staff probably decide who to recruit now based on their PER numbers from HS games. ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don’t know. You should know by now that what experienced BB eyes see isn’t that important anymore. It’s all about the analytics now. Auriemma and his staff probably decide who to recruit now based on their PER numbers from HS games. ;)
I thought it was whoever scored the most, because everyone knows that's the only important data point in determining what makes a good player.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I thought it was whoever scored the most, because everyone knows that's the only important data point in determining what makes a good player.
A touch of sarcasm Nan?

Reaction Score
Yes, that and speculating on what a player MIGHT do if they happened to play all 40 minutes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The recent Geno has been one to make sme fairly grandeous claims about a newbie coming in. Most recently, Jana and now Sarah. Thing is, if we can get them both on the court, I think he's right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom