Geno on Recruiting Trail | The Boneyard

Geno on Recruiting Trail

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
He'll be at A'ja Wilson's game in SC tonight.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
One of the UConn coaches was in today to see Sadie Edwards, 5-10 G 2014. She's a CT kid who played at Nazareth HS in NY for a year and then transferred to Blair Academy in NJ.

Reaction Score
How about Jordin Canada or Kelsey Mitchell? We sure could use an elite guard once Hartley graduates.

Sent from my MAXX HD.

Reaction Score
I like it when Geno is on the road, his actual presence must carry alot of influence with recruits.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think I read that interest in Canada is waning. I have no idea why. I really like what I read about her game.

I've never seen UConn and Mitchell linked. Not sure why on this either. Some have Mitchell at the top of her class.

If we really are losing interest in Canada and Turner, Wilson is a must-get. We need size. She would be the difference between a good/very good class and a great class. She has guard skills at 6'5". Think CP3, EDD, and the good glimpses we've seen from Stewie.

Reaction Score
Interesting that Geno continies to recruit A'ja... Hopefully my sources are wrong :).. I basically have heard she is staying "south"?
Making a big push for A'Ja .......think he's been there a couple of times already?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think I read that interest in Canada is waning. I have no idea why. I really like what I read about her game.

I've never seen UConn and Mitchell linked. Not sure why on this either. Some have Mitchell at the top of her class.

If we really are losing interest in Canada and Turner, Wilson is a must-get. We need size. She would be the difference between a good/very good class and a great class. She has guard skills at 6'5". Think CP3, EDD, and the good glimpses we've seen from Stewie.

Geno loses interest if he senses a kid is not really interested in UConn; that may be what's going on with Canada. Mitchell wants to be part of a package deal with her sister (so-so player).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interesting that Geno continies to recruit A'ja... Hopefully my sources are wrong :).. I basically have heard she is staying "south"?
People thought that about Maya too. We'll see. Geno really likes and wants her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno loses interest if he senses a kid is not really interested in UConn; that may be what's going on with Canada. Mitchell wants to be part of a package deal with her sister (so-so player).
That's what I'm thinking may be going on. When we hear that UConn is not recruiting someone any longer, it could mean a number of things, one of which is that the player is looking elsewhere.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Didn't you predict a while back that Brianna Turner would have strong interest in UNC? In fact, you posted that UNC actually led for Turner. Turner has released a final five and UNC didn't make it.

You may be correct about Wilson, but you'll understand if we pay no attention to your sources.

Reaction Score
I did indeed say that, no shame in my game. Brianna Turner ABSOLUTELY loved her UNC visit, but knew she would not be playing in Chapel Hill. As a matter of fact it was stated that she made a return visit there. She did name Duke instead of UNC, but I can promise you that she will not land in Durham, and that is a fact, just as she want land in Storrs, Ct. This is a three team race period! Some recruits put a list of schools together knowing good, and well that they are not going to commit to a certain school, but it makes them look good. My son did it! I want more than anything for UCONN to land A'ja, just like every one else on this board, but every top recruit does not want to come here! I just posted what was told to me in regard to A'ja recruitment, she is a player, and would love to see her become a husky!
Didn't you predict a while back that Brianna Turner would have strong interest in UNC? In fact, you posted that UNC actually led for Turner. Turner has released a final five and UNC didn't make it.

You may be correct about Wilson, but you'll understand if we pay no attention to your sources.

Reaction Score

Per one of the newspaper blogs, apparently, Canada is likely to go elsewhere, so Uconn's interests seem to have shifted to other guards.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I did indeed say that, no shame in my game. Brianna Turner ABSOLUTELY loved her UNC visit, but knew she would not be playing in Chapel Hill. As a matter of fact it was stated that she made a return visit there. She did name Duke instead of UNC, but I can promise you that she will not land in Durham, and that is a fact, just as she want land in Storrs, Ct. This is a three team race period! Some recruits put a list of schools together knowing good, and well that they are not going to commit to a certain school, but it makes them look good. My son did it! I want more than anything for UCONN to land A'ja, just like every one else on this board, but every top recruit does not want to come here! I just posted what was told to me in regard to A'ja recruitment, she is a player, and would love to see her become a husky!
Blake a point of clarification. I saw a tweet from Briannas dad to the Texas guard who verballed to UCLA I forgot her name. The tweet said Congrats on UCLA and work hard. I guess Bri will be playing with MoJeff again. Do you know anything about that? Thanks

Reaction Score
Don't have twitter account..
Blake a point of clarification. I saw a tweet from Briannas dad to the Texas guard who verballed to UCLA I forgot her name. The tweet said Congrats on UCLA and work hard. I guess Bri will be playing with MoJeff again. Do you know anything about that? Thanks

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Sadie Edwards used to play in Ct.....maybe Mercy High. I am a bit surprised she transferred [again] from Nazareth to Blair....I wonder if that is a PG year?
I saw her play briefly in an AAU game maybe 2 years ago....she looked like a very solid guard...a healthy Doty type. I hope we are looking at her seriously.
I wonder if she is being considered for next year????

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tony, that was in reference to Caldwell, who had us in her final five or fewer. That tweet made me hopeful re Turner, but the Horde reported that she is now lower priority for us. Not sure what that means, but it sounds as if interest from at least one side has waned. Can it be rekindled?!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sadie Edwards used to play in Ct.....maybe Mercy High. I am a bit surprised she transferred [again] from Nazareth to Blair....I wonder if that is a PG year?
I saw her play briefly in an AAU game maybe 2 years ago....she looked like a very solid guard...a healthy Doty type. I hope we are looking at her seriously.
I wonder if she is being considered for next year????

She's listed as 2014. She was once ranked higher by HG. ASGR had this to say recently:

4. Sadie Edwards, 5-10, SG, Blair Academy, Meriden, CT. McCormick: “Sadie has reformed her game in the past few months, and her stock has really risen. She has always been able to score, but now she has developed a well-rounded game.”

I don't know much about her game, but she is one very impressive young woman. It was the state championship game (NJ Prep A) one of the coaches attended last night. Blair won.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She's listed as 2014. She was once ranked higher by HG. ASGR had this to say recently:

4. Sadie Edwards, 5-10, SG, Blair Academy, Meriden, CT. McCormick: “Sadie has reformed her game in the past few months, and her stock has really risen. She has always been able to score, but now she has developed a well-rounded game.”

I don't know much about her game, but she is one very impressive young woman. It was the state championship game (NJ Prep A) one of the coaches attended last night. Blair won.
Meriden? that's where i was born. My parents went to high school there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom