Geno on Lou | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno on Lou

Reaction Score
^This. So true. Bring Amari in for a few hard picks, and let Lou run full blast to scrape her man off the pick. Also move the offense out some to create more space, such that defenders can't congregate at a certain spot, and passing lanes can be wider.
Watch Stef in the WNBA, sometimes she seems to take a foul to get people off of Sabrina.

Reaction Score
After the layup? I saw the kid swing her arms at Lou
Check out the replay within the replay of the game. Between the 7th and 6th minute of the fourth quarter Lou’s layup is replayed from the angle of the floor camera behind the basket which is a lot closer to the action and the arm swing appears to be more severe. Whether it was an intentional hit or an attempt to avoid a collision you will have decide for yourself.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Check out the replay within the replay of the game. Between the 7th and 6th minute of the fourth quarter Lou’s layup is replayed from the angle of the floor camera behind the basket which is a lot closer to the action and the arm swing appears to be more severe. Whether it was an intentional hit or an attempt to avoid a collision you will have decide for yourself.
That’s what I saw during the game

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@#12in21 Maybe they could put in Amari for a minute or two, let her have a couple of VERY HARD screens where the opposing offender gets knocked to the floor a couple of times.:rolleyes:
So do you want to use Amari as Dave Schultz of the Broad Street Bully era Flyers?
bold GIF

Reaction Score
Exactly. I was trying to make sure everyone went to the best view. It is difficult to see it from the replay in post #23.

Reaction Score
To bad it is so critical for Nika to remain on the court. I imagine she’d be happy to serve as her buddy Lou’s body guard and knock a few of the perpetrators on their butts with some hard screens.
I could see that, with Lou saying "Say Hello To My Little Friend"!!
GIF by Dolittle

Reaction Score
So what is Geno to do about rough play? I don't think yelling at a ref accomplishes much except raise the possibility that the team committing the rough play gets two free throws and the ball.

Reaction Score
Wow, as you said, Forego, each person needs to decide for her/himself what the Providence player did. However, it seems a bit of paranoia about rough play which has beset Lou has set in here on the BY. On this play, from both the camera angle during the game and then the later from the camera on the floor, all I saw was Lou turning into the Providence player along the baseline after her layup and the Providence player reflexively putting her hands up to avoid a collision.

How anyone could make that up to be the rival player trying to clothesline Lou and/or swinging 'severely' at her is beyond my imagination. Lou takes lots of heavy hits each game, but this was not even close to one of them.

Reaction Score
Wow, as you said, Forego, each person needs to decide for her/himself what the Providence player did. However, it seems a bit of paranoia about rough play which has beset Lou has set in here on the BY. On this play, from both the camera angle during the game and then the later from the camera on the floor, all I saw was Lou turning into the Providence player along the baseline after her layup and the Providence player reflexively putting her hands up to avoid a collision.

How anyone could make that up to be the rival player trying to clothesline Lou and/or swinging 'severely' at her is beyond my imagination. Lou takes lots of heavy hits each game, but this was not even close to one of them.
Agreed!!! I remember thinking there was something there and then saw the replay and realized no contact and nothing untoward. Lou doesn't complain and she is no stranger to pointing out contact if it happens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom