Geno on Caroline in postgame presser | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno on Caroline in postgame presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
A lightweight, heavyduty, foam bicycle helmet would work fine.
Agreed. Perhaps something like this:
1677972927530.jpeg

Reaction Score
She wasn’t knocked out though, she was in physical pain. Concussions don’t usually result in immediate pain like that.
Truth is, none of us knows what she was feeling. It may have been pain or it may have been simply fear! Fear that she would go back to headaches, light sensitivity, perhaps neck problems, and being unable to play and contribute to her team! I don’t know one way or another but what I do know is that if I had been through what this poor girl has been through, I would probably get hysterical if a ping pong ball hit me on the head! I went through a period in my life when I was getting migraines every few days. Fortunately, there was a medication that finally worked and now I no longer have them. I can hardly bear to think of having a constant headache and being able to do the thing that I love most. Since she is apparently playing tomorrow, I would guess it was a little of both. I’m guessing it was mostly fear of returning to a dark place that she has been forced to be in for a large part of her season. Whatever it really was though, I am happy to hear she is apparently ok.

Reaction Score
Truth is, none of us knows what she was feeling. It may have been pain or it may have been simply fear! Fear that she would go back to headaches, light sensitivity, perhaps neck problems, and being unable to play and contribute to her team! I don’t know one way or another but what I do know is that if I had been through why this poor girl has been through, I would probably get hysterical if a ping pong ball hit me on the head! I went through a period in my life when I was getting migraines every few days. Fortunately, there was a medication that finally worked and now I no longer have them. I can hardly bear to think of having a constant headache and being able to do the thing that I love most. Since she is apparently playing tomorrow, I would guess it was a little of both. I’m guessing it was mostly fear of returning to a dark place that she has been forced to be in for a large part of her season. Whatever it really was though, I am happy to hear she is apparently ok.
That’s true but my point was that we could tell sh e wasn’t knocked unconscious.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
... Since she is apparently playing tomorrow, ...
It is not apparent that she will be playing tomorrow. Geno's statement was that she will play tomorrow "unless we find something." If the doctor examines her and determines that she suffered a concussion, that would qualify as "finding something". Unless/until that occurs, nobody knows (including Caroline and Geno) whether she will play tomorrow.

Reaction Score
It is not apparent that she will be playing tomorrow. Geno's statement was that she will play tomorrow "unless we find something." If the doctor examines her and determines that she suffered a concussion, that would qualify as "finding something". Unless/until that occurs, nobody knows (including Caroline and Geno) whether she will play tomorrow.
She already went through concussion protocol. He expanded on Caroline in an interview with SNY after the press conference and said that it’s just a matter if she feels comfortable playing. So if she wakes up in the morning and feels ok she will play.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She already went through concussion protocol. He expanded on Caroline in an interview with SNY after the press conference and said that it’s just a matter if she feels comfortable playing. So if she wakes up in the morning and feels ok she will play.
Q. You had 10 players to start the game and Caroline goes down. Just kind of seems the way the season has been going. Do you know how she is and what that means for going forward?

COACH AURIEMMA: I've never seen a kid have the circumstances happen to her that she's been under. You almost want to laugh about it even though it's not funny that it just continues to happen. I don't know what came out of it. I think we'll know more later today, tonight, tomorrow morning. But Carol says she wants to play tomorrow.

Right now we're going under the assumption that she will unless we find something to the contrary tonight or tomorrow morning. She's a magnet. Her head is a magnet for elbows, especially Aaliyah's.

Reaction Score
Q. You had 10 players to start the game and Caroline goes down. Just kind of seems the way the season has been going. Do you know how she is and what that means for going forward?

COACH AURIEMMA: I've never seen a kid have the circumstances happen to her that she's been under. You almost want to laugh about it even though it's not funny that it just continues to happen. I don't know what came out of it. I think we'll know more later today, tonight, tomorrow morning. But Carol says she wants to play tomorrow.

Right now we're going under the assumption that she will unless we find something to the contrary tonight or tomorrow morning. She's a magnet. Her head is a magnet for elbows, especially Aaliyah's.
And then go watch the interview he did after the press conference:

Reaction Score
These don’t look too bad.

Attachments

• DA6D034A-F41C-4AEC-A130-2AAF6E80937F.jpeg
    DA6D034A-F41C-4AEC-A130-2AAF6E80937F.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 88

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Good that she’s feeling that way after the game. Wouldn’t mind them holding her out for the rest of the tournament as a precaution. If she had a concussion they wouldn’t have let her come back out to sit on the bench though so we’ll see.
Caroline needs to shut it down for this season. If not, her parents need to step up. I went through what she is going through. Unless I was rendered unconscious I acted like "no problem." I hid many concussions because I wanted to play the game (basketball, baseball, football). Eventually at 16 in my junior year I was diagnosed as having developed temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE). The doctors at Cleveland Clinic said eventually my brain would heal itself (no heredity involved just shot to the head). Finally my alpha waves marched in step - 18 years later. The worst part was the medicine's side effects. I almost preferred the seizures. Perhaps today's meds may have fewer and less intense side effects. Nonetheless she does not want this experience. It was like seeing life through a translucent window. She needs to sit out the balance of this season. Geno needs to think of her future not the team's present. Sit her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom