Geno on Caroline in postgame presser | The Boneyard

Geno on Caroline in postgame presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good that she’s feeling that way after the game. Wouldn’t mind them holding her out for the rest of the tournament as a precaution. If she had a concussion they wouldn’t have let her come back out to sit on the bench though so we’ll see.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
She obviously must not be in the protocol, but maybe she should be.
If it's not a concussion, but some sort of physical reaction to getting hit, then this is why Geno said she will play unless something else is discovered.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The teams are REQUIRED to get medical evaluation, and if it's deemed to be a concussion, it is required that the protocol be followed. It's not up to the player or the coach to decide. Let's hope her future health is taken as the most important factor.
That is the exact reason the concussion protocol was created and instituted as mandatory.

Reaction Score
If it's not a concussion, but some sort of physical reaction to getting hit, then this is why Geno said she will play unless something else is discovered.
She was hit hard enough for needing help to get to the locker room and she didn’t play another minute. That isn’t normal. That’s a TKO.

Reaction Score
I hope this is "good news". I really feel for this kid, she has been through so much in her 1.5 years at UConn. If there is no concussion, and she is cleared by the medical staff, there is no reason for her to not play, unless she is not up to it Hopin' and prayin' - just sayin'!

Reaction Score
She was hit hard enough for needing help to get to the locker room and she didn’t play another minute. That isn’t normal. That’s a TKO.
She wasn’t knocked out though, she was in physical pain. Concussions don’t usually result in immediate pain like that.

Reaction Score
The team and medical staff has cared for CD with the utmost concern around her well being. That isn’t going to change now. I am sure whatever happens, whether she plays tomorrow or doesn’t, will be decided based on what’s best for her and her alone.

Reaction Score
The team and medical staff has cared for CD with the utmost concern around her well being. That isn’t going to change now. I am sure whatever happens, whether she plays tomorrow or doesn’t, will be decided based on what’s best for her and her alone.
Absolutely. They have taken this approach with EVERY injury the team has faced. There is 0% chance Carol will be back out there UNLESS she is medically and physically capable of it and no one will push her beyond herself. The staff has done a tremendous job making sure the players get all the support they need as they work their way back.

That said, even if she can’t play- no reason to let St J/ Marquette know that. Make them prepare for her. Let them find out at warm ups. If we have her, fantastic, if not- hope she gets well soon because we are all rooting for her and she has had one hell of a rough go this year. As much as we all want to see her suit up, you have to know she wants to be on the floor with her team about 10x more.

But at this point in the season- there’s no reason to give your opponents a leg up in their game prep. Keep the opponents guessing all weekend and force them to react in game.

Reaction Score
I am sorry--with this constant contact in practice and under the boards and since she is so sensitive to contact, Caroline should be wearing some type of head protection. The type of hit she took today would have been reduced with any type of protection.

Reaction Score
I am sorry--with this constant contact in practice and under the boards and since she is so sensitive to contact, Caroline should be wearing some type of head protection. The type of hit she took today would have been reduced with any type of protection.
A lightweight, heavyduty, foam bicycle helmet would work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom