Geno on Amari | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Geno on Amari

Reaction Score
Like your post. Thanks!!

I just want to say though I'd be interested to see when Dawn gets three number 1 ranked recruits (Paige, CWill, Azzi) and a number 2 ranked recruit (Evina) in which they can be stretched to play 1-4 positions, how many minutes she would be sharing with other players while taking away form these 4 vs what Geno does?

And low post players tend to need more rest.
Thanks for your reply. The one player I feel Dawn relies on too much is Zia Cooke, that is the player that, IMO, stays in the game when she obviously is having an off game And hurting the team. I can see Geno relying on Paige in tough times, she seems to come through in the clutch even during off games, but to me the SC player I would rely on is Boston.

Reaction Score
Eric, you may have something here. You've heard Geno say many times that one thing they DON'T teach at UConn is EFFORT. Geno and staff had to know Amari wasn't a good practice player when they recruited her. They saw her play, and they no doubt talked to her HS and AAU coaches on several occasions. They had to see something in her that they wanted to coach and have her be part of their program.
I'm sure Amari didn't become a "less than enthusiastic" player in practice overnight. We'll see if things change between now and November. Lots of things can happen in 9 months. :rolleyes:

Had to see something? I'm thinking that they saw a 6'5" player who can shoot 3's. Mystery solved.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. I haven't seen enough of her to really make a fair assessment of her abilities. Like (FOX sports analyst and co-host of the morning sports TV talk show "Undisputed") Skip Bayless often says........."I need to see more." It's hard to form a take on a player when the only time you see her in in garbage time against other subs. :confused:

Players want to play. Many of us surmised that's why Mir and Saylor left. You know she wants to play, and does not like watching games from the bench. I'm sure she's fully aware of what it will take to get off the bench and in to more games. We'll see how bad she wants to play this winter. Who knows, perhaps she will have an epiphany or a wake up call of some kind between now than then. Perhaps of of the upperclassmen will pull her aside and "enlighten" her. Keep hope alive. :)
she certainly knows who's coming to town next season so she better be ready to roll or she'll be yanking out the same splinters again as a soph....

Reaction Score
Thanks for your reply. The one player I feel Dawn relies on too much is Zia Cooke, that is the player that, IMO, stays in the game when she obviously is having an off game And hurting the team. I can see Geno relying on Paige in tough times, she seems to come through in the clutch even during off games, but to me the SC player I would rely on is Boston.
I don't think Dawn uses Boston down low nearly enough........,.,she's virtually unstoppable inside........she either makes the easy layup or gets fouled........ but Dawn has her playing outside in ONO land a good part of the time...........,I have a feeling if ONO had Boston's inside game Geno would wear her out in the paint ..........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom