Geno in Texas | The Boneyard

Geno in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Love reading about him going around recruiting. It's a huge thing for the recruits to see him in the stands, not just one of his assistants coming to visit. I know it didn't work with Diamond, but let's hope we do better with Brianna...

Reaction Score
Love reading about him going around recruiting. It's a huge thing for the recruits to see him in the stands, not just one of his assistants coming to visit. I know it didn't work with Diamond, but let's hope we do better with Brianna...

I would take Brianna Turner over anyone in the 2013 or 2014 class! Sure hope UCONN gets her.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
What an amazing coincidence!

Geno Auriemma and Moriah Jefferson both show up at the same gym just as Turner is playing.

Further coincidentally, Moriah and Brianna both (at different times?) made UNofficial visits to UConn.

Surely Geno stopped in Texas because it was on the way between Storrs and London.

Simply amazing.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
and Moriah and Brianna both played AAU ball together for DFW.

that coincidence cant hurt either.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
and Moriah and Brianna both played AAU ball together for DFW.

that coincidence cant hurt either.
Great way for Brianna to learn how to receive terrific leading passes from Moriah for easy scores!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like this:

Brianna Turner continued to show why she is the number one player in the class of 2014. The 6-3 forward scored a game-high 20 points, thanks to wise shot selection and to her commitment to rebounding.

KML also has good shot selection. Some WNBA players are still looking for it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Brianna Turner and Breanna Stewart in the front court? That sounds really good to any UConn fan.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Odyssey Sims was also at the tournament and you can bet Kim was there as well. Odyssey also played for DFW and there are 5 or 6 former DFW players on Baylor.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Joanne McCallie plus her very personable assistant Joy Cheek spent a couple of days viewing the talent.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I like the mention of Baylor commit Calvert and Baylor recruiting target Ieshia Small. And it can't hurt that Calvert is the PG running the show for Turner's squad. Hopefully she is feeding Turner some sweet passes.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Joy is suiting up in practice. She could give those young blue-chippers a few lessons on how to be physical. What a physical player Joy was !

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Ex-Texas commit Jada Terry is getting some pretty high praise from Full Court. I am hoping that she is a Baylor lean since she had previously narrowed her choices between Texas and Baylor. She is being called the post player in the state and possibly in the nation. Landing Terry, Calvert and Turner would put Baylor back in the discussion of national title contenders in a few years.

http://www.fullcourt.com/simmie-colson/21506/stars-emerge-big-state-flava-jam

Jada Terry -- 6-3 forward, DFW T-Jack Elite
There is no need to debate: Jada Terry is the top 2013 post player in the state of Texas and she should be in the national conversation. Terry has toned up her college-ready body and has continued to expand her game, which gives DFW T-Jack another inside threat to go along with Brianna Turner. Terry showed the ability to face up and attack the basket, has a quick and confident spin move and even knocked down a few 15-footers. With more improvement, she could be dominant in the paint.

Reaction Score
Are we now in a window where Baylor can't be out recruiting due to NCAA violations?

Reaction Score
Ex-Texas commit Jada Terry is getting some pretty high praise from Full Court. I am hoping that she is a Baylor lean since she had previously narrowed her choices between Texas and Baylor. She is being called the post player in the state and possibly in the nation. Landing Terry, Calvert and Turner would put Baylor back in the discussion of national title contenders in a few years.

http://www.fullcourt.com/simmie-colson/21506/stars-emerge-big-state-flava-jam

Jada Terry -- 6-3 forward, DFW T-Jack Elite
There is no need to debate: Jada Terry is the top 2013 post player in the state of Texas and she should be in the national conversation. Terry has toned up her college-ready body and has continued to expand her game, which gives DFW T-Jack another inside threat to go along with Brianna Turner. Terry showed the ability to face up and attack the basket, has a quick and confident spin move and even knocked down a few 15-footers. With more improvement, she could be dominant in the paint.

Reaction Score
Its somewhat ironic that Jada Terry is rated at 94 by Hoopgurlz which places her 50th on the list for 2013, yet we're hearing that she may be the best big girl in the nation??????? From their last report in April of this year, they talked of her less than energetic performance and yet we have someone branding her the best big girl in the country. From hearing of Breanna Turner I'd get the impression that Jada isn't even the best big girl in Texas though I'm not knocking her because I think a 94 rating is "pretty good". I know some here question ESPN and their ratings but I find it hard to believe that they would be that far off on this young lady.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Its somewhat ironic that Jada Terry is rated at 94 by Hoopgurlz which places her 50th on the list for 2013, yet we're hearing that she may be the best big girl in the nation??????? From their last report in April of this year, they talked of her less than energetic performance and yet we have someone branding her the best big girl in the country. From hearing of Breanna Turner I'd get the impression that Jada isn't even the best big girl in Texas though I'm not knocking her because I think a 94 rating is "pretty good". I know some here question ESPN and their ratings but I find it hard to believe that they would be that far off on this young lady.

For the record, I think they mean she is the top post out of the 2013 class. She was at one time ranked 28 by Hoopgurlz then dropped. Sounds like she may have recaptured whatever she lost.

Reaction Score
As long as she doesn't try to kiss them.
We KNOW Mulkey broke rules and we KNOW she engages in marginal behavior that may not technically break rules, assuming a lot of things in her favor, but definitely violate the spirit of the rules. The best you can do is refer to a weak allegation by a nutjob which has nothing to do with recruiting. I hope we THROTTLE both ND and Baylor this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom