Geno in Croatia - Nika Muhl | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno in Croatia - Nika Muhl

Reaction Score
What other coaches look for overseas talent? I think Baylor has or had an Australian. Does Jeff or Muffet look outside the U.S. for talent?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Which of the two players of interest was said to have slow foot speed? (somebody posted that somewhere)

Reaction Score
These are solid, well coached players, but I doubt either would impact the decisions of top caliber US recruits like Bueckers, Hailey Van Lith and certainly not any of the potential BIGs in the 2020 class.

Agree. They have played international ball and certainly would bring that experience to the 2019-20 squad. They certainly could work their way into playing time as the season progresses and allow the starters to full court press knowing that there were bench players who could play capably. Alas, is there a European post recruit that would help?

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
What other coaches look for overseas talent? I think Baylor has or had an Australian. Does Jeff or Muffet look outside the U.S. for talent?

Oregon: Cazorla (Spain), Sabally sisters (Germany), and Yaeger (Australia) currently on the roster. Two incoming Aussies + 1 Brit (!). Also recruiting another from Germany (Bessoir) and Muhl.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Which of the two players of interest was said to have slow foot speed? (somebody posted that somewhere)
From the videos and games that I have seen of both Anna Makurat & Nika Muhl neither player would/should be considered slow. They clearly don't have as many fast twitch muscles as say Aubrey Griffin, Gabby Williams or Moriah Jefferson but from what I have seen they could keep up with say Kia Nurse or Christyn Williams.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Muffet is not among those carrying passports in search of talent.

The one and only "international" player ND has had under MM is Natalie "Ace" Achonwa, who hailed from Mississauga, Canada, which sounds exotic, but is a suburb on Toronto on the shores of Lake Ontario. As the crow flies, it's about a 3-hour+ plane ride from South Bend.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I have a feeling UConn is going to have a couple of top 5 players over the next couple of years as well as some international players. We are going to get big fast. I would like to see Deberry Azzi Paige and a big that Geno has been eyeing and spending alot of time with down south. Add to that class some international players and we're back on top and unstoppable

Reaction Score
Cool. I hope his next stop is Poland. I think it is a good idea to have 1 or 2 international players at all times. Broadens all the players minds and can add diversity to the game plan.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling UConn is going to have a couple of top 5 players over the next couple of years as well as some international players. We are going to get big fast. I would like to see Deberry Azzi Paige and a big that Geno has been eyeing and spending alot of time with down south. Add to that class some international players and we're back on top and unstoppable
I would love to see hockey style line substitutions and just run teams into the ground.

Reaction Score
Let's get both. We'll need the players. You can't replace Napheesa and Katie Lou, but talent always helps.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Rueck has previously had a player from Germany and Canada, currently has an Australian and two players that played high school or juco ball in the U.S. but were originally international (Poland and Paraguay).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Would LOVE to land both. Maybe one of the foreign bigs too. Then a big or 2 from grad transfers or JUCO or regular transfers. I think once ALL is said and done (final recruiting for next year), UCONN will be in far better shape than they are right now.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Would LOVE to land both. Maybe one of the foreign bigs too. Then a big or 2 from grad transfers or JUCO or regular transfers. I think once ALL is said and done (final recruiting for next year), UCONN will be in far better shape than they are right now.
There are indications that Geno may be looking at other European players beside the 2 we know about.

Reaction Score
My hope is that they definitely sign Makurat.
Watched her video again, and reinforces that she can really see the floor and
create. Her jumper form is consistently smooth and I like the step back setups.
Nice movement and drives. Good ball handling and passes. Wow

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom