Geno in Croatia - Nika Muhl | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Geno in Croatia - Nika Muhl

Reaction Score
Whoa, Big Brother is watching.

I got detained at a border crossing into Canada for about 2 hours once. This was pre-9/11 and before passports were required. They were not excited about 4 20 something males traveling in a cruddy looking old camper van, figured we must be up to something. They stopped just short of strip searching us, but interviewed each of us separately and looked the van over closely.

Another time, right after 9/11 but before there was an absolute requirement for passports, I got into Canada no problem, but almost didn't get back into the U.S.
My journey through western Canada after being discharged from USN was nice, mostly Rt1, until I started running out of money. Cut down to northwest corner of North Dakota, and they basically took everything out of my car. Found a warm case of Coors, then let me repack it all. Still have bad feelings.

Reaction Score
Guards,guards,and more guards....what if Ono sprains an ankle.

Reaction Score
Whoa, Big Brother is watching.

I got detained at a border crossing into Canada for about 2 hours once. This was pre-9/11 and before passports were required. They were not excited about 4 20 something males traveling in a cruddy looking old camper van, figured we must be up to something. They stopped just short of strip searching us, but interviewed each of us separately and looked the van over closely.

Another time, right after 9/11 but before there was an absolute requirement for passports, I got into Canada no problem, but almost didn't get back into the U.S.
I grew up in the LAke George area. We used to go to the Expos' games frequently in the 70's. There was 5 of us kids in a car and we were only asked where are you going? we replied to the Expos game....come on thr

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I flew to Canada on business many times over 10-12 years. At that time, no passport was required. Clearing customs was a breeze, Canadians are exceedingly nice and, of course, everyone speaks English (even in Quebec). Hard to consider are northern neighbors as foreigners.
Yes, exactly! We lived in Cleveland. We drove over the Peace Bridge to visit Niagara Falls and Toronto many times. After my episode with the NSA I wondered if they had a camera on the USA side of the Peace Bridge snapping license plates. As you say it just seemed like an extension of the USA except for the occasional "Eh!" My only visit to Montreal was a business trip at the height of the separatist movement. We learned every establishment that had doormen was a "private club" if you could not respond to their query in French. It was "interesting." :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Guards,guards,and more guards....what if Ono sprains an ankle.

Geno already had a home visit with Hannah Gusters, 6'4 center from Texas. There are probably other post player visits that we have not heard about yet. Maybe in Europe he will meet with another post player. There will always be more guard visits to your "guards, guards, and more guards" quote because teams tend to play 3 perimeter players and 2 bigs or some even play 4 perimeter players and 1 big. So if you play more perimeter players, you are going to recruit more perimeter players, are you not?

Reaction Score
There are indications that Geno may be looking at other European players beside the 2 we know about.

Please tell us what you know ? What are the indications Geno may be looking at others ?

Reaction Score
Looks like a woman among girls.
Worked in Europe for several years and became aware of the many levels of "professional" leagues for virtually all sports, from water polo to basketball. Many, many tall, well skilled 16/17 year olds playing against true pros. Would love to see Geno get 1-2 of these experienced players but tough for a high school girl to leave family to relocate this far.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Please tell us what you know ? What are the indications Geno may be looking at others ?
There have been a number of names circulated over the past few months. I would prefer not to contribute to idle speculation unless and until the press or the players themselves confirm their interest publicly.

Ozzie’s attached post lists some of the top young prospects in Europe. I’m sure Geno and his staff are aware of all of these players.
2000 born ranked euros
Our 2000’s Ranking (so far)

2001 born ranked euros
Our 2001’s Ranking (so far)

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
There have been a number of names circulated over the past few months. I would prefer not to contribute to idle speculation unless and until the press or the players themselves confirm their interest publicly.

Ozzie’s attached post lists some of the top young prospects in Europe. I’m sure Geno and his staff are aware of all of these players.
Wisely stated. Thank you for your discretion.

Reaction Score
Most of the top 00/01 Aussies and Kiwis have been picked up already.
Alot more teams are looking at Japan, Korea and China. Expect to see a lot more in the NCAA in the coming years.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I flew to Canada on business many times over 10-12 years. At that time, no passport was required. Clearing customs was a breeze, Canadians are exceedingly nice and, of course, everyone speaks English (even in Quebec). Hard to consider are northern neighbors as foreigners.
America Lite

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
During the Reagan years I saw Father Guido Sarducci once. He was saying how Reagan pointed out that Nicaragua is closer to the US than Texas is to New York. Father Guido then said, "Well Canada is closer to the US than Brooklyn is to Manhattan, so I guess the Canadians are the ones we should be really worried about."

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am glad that Coach Auriemma is looking for international players. I say recruit both if you can get them. Also, some grad students. I would love to see Azzi play for UConn. She is from the DMV area, my area...hometown girl :).

Reaction Score
I just feel we need more of a post than guards....I hope coach can persuade the Polish tower (does she exist?) or coerce the Chinese tower Han Xu come to UConn instead of going into WNBA draft.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am glad that Coach Auriemma is looking for international players. I say recruit both if you can get them. Also, some grad students. I would love to see Azzi play for UConn. She is from the DMV area, my area...hometown girl :).
I've seen Azzi in person 5x this year and hope to see her at CTK In April.

She's a 20-year old in a 15-year-old body.

Reaction Score
I am utterly impressed at the off-topic ability here.

Her first game after the visit was today, and it a fairly typical one for her:
Statistika

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom