Geno Image with Recruit Father | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno Image with Recruit Father

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You forgot Andra Espinoza-Hunter. She is also a guard.
Not til the following year. (if you were talking to me that is) At which point Chong is gone.

Reaction Score
Maybe that's a good idea recruit the parents first lol
But it seems dad is really a fan of Geno. This is great news if she visit. Morgan is from iIllinois. And if we can get Cox also. Geno would be the closest thing to GOD!!!!
GOD !?!? How about just one of the Apostles?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't think Tuck leaves early. Either way, I'm not sure some of you have mapped out the PT situation. It's going to be chaotic. Unless the plan is for everyone to get 10 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
I don't think Tuck leaves early. Either way, I'm not sure some of you have mapped out the PT situation. It's going to be chaotic. Unless the plan is for everyone to get 10 minutes a game.
No problem. The starting five average 25 minutes. The top 3 bench average 15 minutes. the remaining 5 split 30 minutes as merited. Of course in some blowouts, the starters might only use 100 minutes, in which case, the bench gets 25 more minutes.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No problem. The starting five average 25 minutes. The top 3 bench average 15 minutes. the remaining 5 split 30 minutes as merited. Of course in some blowouts, the starters might only use 100 minutes, in which case, the bench gets 25 more minutes.

So say the starters by '16 are Tuck, KLS, Butler, Nurse, and Dangerfield (that's another discussion).

The bench then consists of Collier, Boykin, Williams, Ekmark, Chong, Irwin, Cox, McCoy in this scenario.

Who gets 15 minutes? NC, Williams, Chong? First, that's fewer minutes for Williams and Chong then they get this year as frosh/sophs. Second, Collier may be an AA player by then.

Beyond that, you're going to give players like Boykin, Cox, and McCoy an average of 5 minutes per game? That's barely more than Tierney Lawlor gets when she plays.

I'm not seeing how this is no problem.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why so many BYers believe Morgan Tuck will not use her RShirt year? After all the injury time lost and her good health and her success this season she wouldn't miss that RShirt year for anything! She's having the time of her life plus she's one of the prominent leaders of the team she wouldn't want to leave her teammates high & dry!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Silverio Ford suggests UConn just now made offers to both Cox and McCoy during the home visits. That strikes as hard to believe, but maybe he knows something. If you don't know, Ford does evaluation and has his own website.

https://twitter.com/LovePeopleSpts/status/576049678380331008
Why in the world would that be hard to believe. They are both very good players. If Geno thinks they'll fit in with UCONN, why not offer them?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So say the starters by '16 are Tuck, KLS, Butler, Nurse, and Dangerfield (that's another discussion).

The bench then consists of Collier, Boykin, Williams, Ekmark, Chong, Irwin, Cox, McCoy in this scenario.

Who gets 15 minutes? NC, Williams, Chong? First, that's fewer minutes for Williams and Chong then they get this year as frosh/sophs. Second, Collier may be an AA player by then.

Beyond that, you're going to give players like Boykin, Cox, and McCoy an average of 5 minutes per game? That's barely more than Tierney Lawlor gets when she plays.

Geno didn't seem to have problems with it back in 2000 and 2001, when he had lots of great players. Besides it's his problem (if it is), not ours. And besides, there will always be injuries, transfers, busts. I don't think Geno has ever had too many players.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Dad looks TALL! Seems fine to me :). Why wasn't Tori in the picture?:oops:
If a picture of a recruit and potential coach is taken by anyone in the press and published, it's an NCAA violation, believe it or not. UConn also cannot post pictures of recruits. Kids and their families, however, are free to post whatever pictures they like. So, as to your question, if it was taken for a newspaper, Tori couldn't be in the photo.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Sluconn Husky said:
Silverio Ford suggests UConn just now made offers to both Cox and McCoy during the home visits. That strikes as hard to believe, but maybe he knows something. If you don't know, Ford does evaluation and has his own website.

https://twitter.com/LovePeopleSpts/status/576049678380331008

Maybe he said to both Lauren and Tori, "I've got one slot. Whichever one of you accepts first gets that slot, and I will pull the other offer. "

I agree that at some point, possibly as soon as next year, having too many high-potential forwards becomes a difficult problem to manage.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Williams might play guard after this year. I expect her outside shooting to pick up sharply and make her a really formidable guard who can post up opponents.
Yeah, this year UConn spent a good part of the year with just three guards MoJeff-Nurse-Chong, and Williams playing a forward role because that was where she was needed on the reserves. It wasn't till fairly late that Ekmark joined the group for more minutes. So a group of Nurse-Chong-Ekmark-Dangerfield with Williams moved back to guard seems like a deep enough unit. Even if the 3-pt shot never develops for her, Williams can be almost the same type of player as Baylor's Nina Davis (not a bad model, and who never shoots a 3) who is Williams' height and plays a quasi guard-forward role like Gabby does crashing the boards for rebounds and going inside for a quick feed and bucket. It's a very difficult type of player for opponents to deal with, and would give UConn with Williams' incredible vertical leap a huge height advantage over virtually any other team.

Reaction Score
IMO I think that Gabby Williams will stay at small Forward for the rest of her UCONN career because she is a match-up nightmare for most opponents! Granted there are times her height will be a problem but being 5'11" doesn't hold Nina Davis of Baylor back! More times than not Gabby will have big success because of her off-the-charts athletic ability! Plus as she learns the game her shooting will step out from under the basket to 10' to 12' range!

Reaction Score
Why in the world would that be hard to believe. They are both very good players. If Geno thinks they'll fit in with UCONN, why not offer them?

I'm thinking the poster was referring to the fact that Geno JUST offered them. I would have assumed he would have offered a while ago.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm thinking the poster was referring to the fact that Geno JUST offered them. I would have assumed he would have offered a while ago.
Maybe, would certainly make more sense. But Slu is one of those "we have too many good players, how we gonna play them all" guys. So, I'm not sure.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
IMO I think that Gabby Williams will stay at small Forward for the rest of her UCONN career because she is a match-up nightmare for most opponents! Granted there are times her height will be a problem but being 5'11" doesn't hold Nina Davis of Baylor back! More times than not Gabby will have big success because of her off-the-charts athletic ability! Plus as she learns the game her shooting will step out from under the basket to 10' to 12' range!
I agree with you that Gabby will ultimately end up a SF with improved shooting. The only issue with that outlook is that SF might be the most loaded spot on the UCONN roster as soon as next year. Tuck, Boykin, Samuelson & Collier, & Ekmark are all capable of playing the position. I can't wait until mid April rolls around when someone will post a thread about next years starters so I might as well get this out of the way now-IMO Gabby will not be starter until her senior year if ever.

Reaction Score
Great problem to have..
Yup - just ask Brenda Freese. When you have this problem you don't really need to coach. You can just revert to the Woody Allen theory that 90% of success is showing up.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If a picture of a recruit and potential coach is taken by anyone in the press and published, it's an NCAA violation, believe it or not. UConn also cannot post pictures of recruits. Kids and their families, however, are free to post whatever pictures they like. So, as to your question, if it was taken for a newspaper, Tori couldn't be in the photo.
I believe one of Pat's problems.

Reaction Score
The only odd thing about the offers is that I was under the impression that UConn didn't offer a scholarship until a recruit made a visit to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Maybe, would certainly make more sense. But Slu is one of those "we have too many good players, how we gonna play them all" guys. So, I'm not sure.
Slu is right in this case.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The only odd thing about the offers is that I was under the impression that UConn didn't offer a scholarship until a recruit made a visit to Storrs.
Good point I thought that was the old way of doing business based on Geno offering and getting burned before the Kid made an official visit. Am I mis-remembering again?

Reaction Score
I agree with you that Gabby will ultimately end up a SF with improved shooting. The only issue with that outlook is that SF might be the most loaded spot on the UCONN roster as soon as next year. Tuck, Boykin, Samuelson & Collier, & Ekmark are all capable of playing the position. I can't wait until mid April rolls around when someone will post a thread about next years starters so I might as well get this out of the way now-IMO Gabby will not be starter until her senior year if ever.
Of course you could be correct. The competition will be unbelievable. But I'm betting on the gabblous one to start in her junior year, if not late next year. Her talent is sky high. And she is just learning the UConn offense after missing essentially two years of high school basketball.

Reaction Score

Well, ok, let's just say it's a manageable problem. As you indicate your suggested roster is open to much discussion. Tuck my not be with us. The extraordinary Dangerfield might start, but might not. Williams might be a starter. Cox or McCoy or both might not choose UConn. These things have a way of working themselves out. Durr and Edwards will not be clogging the guard position next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom