Geno has his starting 5, or does he?? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno has his starting 5, or does he??

Reaction Score
After the next exhibition game we'll talk about how great Williams and Dangerfield were. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
For the most part, I liked what I saw from Anna, but right now there is a fierce competition from just about everyone not named Crystal, Megan, Christyn or Liv for that 5th starting spot. Aubrey and Kyla are both in the mix, with Molly just behind. I wouldn’t rule out Evelyn just yet as she learns how to excel in Geno’s system. Finally, if Evina’s waiver request is granted on appeal, all bets are off.
Totally agree that the appeal could change things. Evina will probably be the 5th starter if that succeeds. However, I already think that is a fait accompli, unfortunately. Hopefully, I'm wrong on that. And Aubrey is definitely impressive, as her athleticism is fantastic, but Anna's size and poise give her the edge in my opinion. Kyla and Evelyn will likely contribute off the bench, but that's a great thing, to have a bench that can contribute and significantly.

Reaction Score
Totally agree that the appeal could change things. Evina will probably be the 5th starter if that succeeds. However, I already think that is a fait accompli, unfortunately. Hopefully, I'm wrong on that. And Aubrey is definitely impressive, as her athleticism is fantastic, but Anna's size and poise give her the edge in my opinion. Kyla and Evelyn will likely contribute off the bench, but that's a great thing, to have a bench that can contribute and significantly.
To be quite honest, after watching the game, Anna did a lot of good things. She missed a ton of shots but they weren't forced for the most part. Once she starts hitting them in games and gains confidence, she has a very solid offensive game and doesn't seem to be detriment on the defensive side. As of now I think Anna will be the 5th starter with Irwin, MB, and Aubrey, EA coming off the bench. Depending on how Aubrey and EA develop, minutes will probably be spread rather evenly.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I contend that if UConn has to Rely on Irwin or Bent for 20-30 minutes a night they will be in big trouble and “not in a good spot”.
IMO Kyla’s role will be to come into a game so Liv can take a breather. She’s a role player, yes, but one who can help the team by giving Liv some breaks, shoot When open (opponents will leave her open), and pass the ball. And most importantly, do that without hurting the team. I believe Kyla is capable of all of that.

Reaction Score
If Kyla was a step faster I would totally agree..but if is the longest word in the English language..

Reaction Score
IMO Kyla’s role will be to come into a game so Liv can take a breather. She’s a role player, yes, but one who can help the team by giving Liv some breaks, shoot When open (opponents will leave her open), and pass the ball. And most importantly, do that without hurting the team. I believe Kyla is capable of all of that.
I don’t disagree with your post. My disagreement was with the minutes played. 20-30 minutes a night is to much.

Reaction Score
Do I hope MOLLY and IRWIN will be STARTER's --hell yes! They both have the potential to excel that far. Will they? This is there last chance to do it. I hope they do. I wouldn't bet 1000 bucks either way. Emotionally, I'd love to see them do it. Yet, this was a comment on an exhibition game, not the NC.
Wow. Have you a bent for optimism! Sorry for the pun. It would be unbelievable if you turn out to be correct. We have seen Molly and Kyla for three seasons, and who would they replace on UCONN's starting 5?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow. Have you a bent for optimism! Sorry for the pun. It would be unbelievable if you turn out to be correct. We have seen Molly and Kyla for three seasons, and who would they replace on UCONN's starting 5?

1572986751808.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Who will lead the team in scoring this season?

I think MW will inch out CW. I am sure Megan feels the responsibility to replace as much of the offensive firepower that Naphessa provided as she can.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think MW will inch out CW. I am sure Megan feels the responsibility to replace as much of the offensive firepower that Naphessa provided as she can.
I tend to agree, but I think in the biggest games, Christyn will step up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom