Geno discussion at the salon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno discussion at the salon

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
HuskyNan don't buy 50 Shades of Grey. Some of my friends in college bought it and said it was horribly written and that they laughed while reading it. Apparently the author of the story was a Twilight fan fiction author who used her Twilight fan fiction (Master of the Universe) and just changed the names (Bela/Edward) to Christian and Anastasia and that's how 50 Shades came to be. It was a Twilight fan fiction turned novel. Here's a link comparing the two stories http://dearauthor.com/features/indu...-versus-fifty-shades-by-e-l-James-comparison/

Don't look, Ethel.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What does don't look Ethel mean? English isn't my first language.

Maybe you have to be older to recognize that. It was a line from the song "The Streak" by Ray Stevens.

Man, I'm really showing my age.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maybe you have to be older to recognize that. It was a line from the song "The Streak" by Ray Stevens.

"The fastest thing on two feet !!!"

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
HuskyNan don't buy 50 Shades of Grey. Some of my friends in college bought it and said it was horribly written and that they laughed while reading it. Apparently the author of the story was a Twilight fan fiction author who used her Twilight fan fiction (Master of the Universe) and just changed the names (Bela/Edward) to Christian and Anastasia and that's how 50 Shades came to be. It was a Twilight fan fiction turned novel. Here's a link comparing the two stories http://dearauthor.com/features/indu...-versus-fifty-shades-by-e-l-James-comparison/
Thank God someone else said it. If housewives need fan fiction based off a Mormon vampire series to experience some great sexual awakening...well, try ain't experiencing sexual awakening.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
50 Shades of Grey were a huge part of my sexual awakening. That was the color scheme of my well-worn college bedsheets and I was too cheap to spend extra money buying bleach.....heck the cost of generic detergent was killing me.

JS

Reaction Score

You're showing your age?

I thought "Don't look, Ethel" was something Fred
Mertz said to his wife.

120207.jpg

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

As long as you only show us your age, we'll get through this with a smidge of our dignity intact!

"here he come.. a 'dribblin' through the cheap seats.. I hollered "Don't Look Ethel!", but it's too late...she already gotten a moon shot!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
You're showing your age?

I thought "Don't look, Ethel" was something Fred
Mertz said to his wife.

120207.jpg
You're showing your age?
I was wondering why he was talking to a gas pump.

$(KGrHqJ,!joE2IuH4)kJBNzMECc2kw~~_35.JPG

Reaction Score
Since we are streaking off course...

My formative years (birth to 12) were spent in Southern California. My father worked in the audio-visual department of Union Pacific Railroad, making industrial films for the railroad and for other industries. Through the course of his work, he met many people in the show-biz industry. One of his films used the same guy who did the voice-over on the tape played by Mr. Phelps at the beginning of each Mission Impossible episode, a film that yours truly has a brief cameo. (To my great surprise, somebody posted this film is on You Tube. You really can find the strangest stuff there!).

To get to the point...through his show-biz connections he and my mother got tickets to attend the Academy Awards in 1974. As you may (or may not) recall, this was the year the streaker dashed across the stage and David Niven quipped "Isn't it fascinating to think that probably the only laugh that man will ever get in his life is by stripping off and showing his shortcomings". It was later determined that it was a planned stunt, and my parents were so far away from the stage the couldn't see much, but that once in a lifetime experience was made all the more memorable for them.

Reaction Score

I laughed out loud when I read your post! Guess I'm showing mine, too. :p

Reaction Score
HuskyNan don't buy 50 Shades of Grey. Some of my friends in college bought it and said it was horribly written and that they laughed while reading it.
I read a review of it that said the same thing--well, not the laughing, but the horrible writing. That's not stopping it from being a best-seller, though, alas.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
The phrase "Pumping Ethyl" in the context of the second picture is fine. In other contexts, it may have an R-rated meaning.

And all this time I thought it was Jenny that was being pumped. I'm glad no one brought up Sunoco. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom