Geno discussion at the salon | The Boneyard

Geno discussion at the salon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, I got a haircut today. While at the salon, I participated in a lively discussion (they were serving wine) on Jim Calhoun and Geno. The general consensus was that JC should coach as long as he feels up to it and that Geno can be arrogant, smart-alecky, and outspoken but he's no masher. The salon's clientele was about 60% female and 40% male. One guy said he's known Geno for "years and years" and he's never seen Geno so much as flirt with a waitress. People were actually angry at the complaint against the G-man.

There you have it, definitive proof from the court of public opinion. LOL.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
So, I got a haircut today. While at the salon, I participated in a lively discussion (they were serving wine) on Jim Calhoun and Geno. The general consensus was that JC should coach as long as he feels up to it and that Geno can be arrogant, smart-alecky, and outspoken but he's no masher. The salon's clientele was about 60% female and 40% male. One guy said he's known Geno for "years and years" and he's never seen Geno so much as flirt with a waitress. People were actually angry at the complaint against the G-man.

Something tells me the conversation would have been very different in another location.

Somewhere say, a bunch of miles southwest of Hartford.:cool:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Something tells me the conversation would have been very different in another location.

Somewhere say, a bunch of miles southwest of Hartford.:cool:
I just want to know where I can get my hair cut while being served wine!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think it was a typo, Biff, she must mean "whine."

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think it was a typo, Biff, she must mean "whine."
Nope. Big glass, about 2/3 full.

dep_2307966-Glass-of-chardonnay.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nope. Big glass, about 2/3 full.

dep_2307966-Glass-of-chardonnay.jpg
I'll be visiting this coming season and am willing to let my hair grow until then. Just give me the address. I'll drop your name. :)

Reaction Score

My only question is, does this group know you are the much-feared Husky Nan?

U

UCONNfan1

Great story (about the wine and hairs cut). This whole thing is bogus. I was psyched to read about Geno's comments regarding the complaint, and look forward to seeing him exonerated. I'm betting anyone who really knows him realizes it's bogus. I hope this woman gets crushed...

Reaction Score
Bonus to haircuts when wine is involved, regardless of the topic of conversation

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bonus to haircuts when wine is involved, regardless of the topic of conversation
If they are serving wine in salons all day then it does explain some of the hairs "styles" I am seeing on the street.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I think believing or not believing is influenced by many factors. For example, I discussed the suit with my sister in law and two nieces at dinner last night and they think the allegations must be true -- in fact they were amazed that I didn't agree. They are causal UConn women fans and go to a few games each year. But they are reality-tv driven, tabloid-tv watching, unsophisticated people. They are nice and sweet and loving, but I've never seen a book or daily newspaper in their house -- they get their news from Extra and TMZ. They knew none of the details, had not read the suit and didn't care to ask any questions. It was another juicy tidbit about a celebrity and they loved it. That is the mindset of a large part of our society -- especially when you venture away from the coasts and other metropolitan areas. Unfortunately, a wine-serving salon is probably skewed to another demographic. BTW, even though my balding melon is a five-minute cut, any way I could get them to stretch it out to a two-glass timeframe?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
If they are serving wine in salons all day then it does explain some of the hairs "styles" I am seeing on the street.

that reminds me...I have to make an appointment to get my hair cut...let me just put down this glass...

Reaction Score
I think believing or not believing is influenced by many factors. For example, I discussed the suit with my sister in law and two nieces at dinner last night and they think the allegations must be true -- in fact they were amazed that I didn't agree. They are causal UConn women fans and go to a few games each year. But they are reality-tv driven, tabloid-tv watching, unsophisticated people. They are nice and sweet and loving, but I've never seen a book or daily newspaper in their house --

That's sad, but no doubt true. I don't know if the (popular) culture (or environment) has much to do with it... probably more how many people think, reason, & pre-judge certain things. It's a human reaction.

And it's why specious allegations can do real damage. If someone in high school starts a nasty rumor (lie) about someone, there will be a certain percentage of people who will believe it... regardless. Heck , there's a good percentage of people who believe the moon landings were faked. :rolleyes: How do you change that? :confused:

You might counter their belief with how they would feel if someone started a rumor (total lie) about THEM... whether that would be fair for others to believe it automatically, without question. ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If your hair place costs anything like my wife's you should get the entire bottle.
Well, yes, but the whole experience is worth it to me. The whole salon gets into the conversation. We discuss sports, books (gotta get 50 Shades of Grey, apparently), movies (Avengers - yes!), and since I live in a relatively small town, gossip. It's like a casual cocktail party.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Nan, if you had said you went back a second day in a row I was going to say that I am convinced it was for the wine and gossip and not the beauty treatment.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Luckily, I had my camera when I saw Nan coming out of the salon.
crazy_weird_hairstyle_38.jpg
I sense a new avatar coming soon from our esteemed admin.

Does that woman have a peacock or some topiary on her head?

Reaction Score
Well, yes, but the whole experience is worth it to me. The whole salon gets into the conversation. We discuss sports, books (gotta get 50 Shades of Grey, apparently), movies (Avengers - yes!), and since I live in a relatively small town, gossip. It's like a casual cocktail party.

HuskyNan don't buy 50 Shades of Grey. Some of my friends in college bought it and said it was horribly written and that they laughed while reading it. Apparently the author of the story was a Twilight fan fiction author who used her Twilight fan fiction (Master of the Universe) and just changed the names (Bela/Edward) to Christian and Anastasia and that's how 50 Shades came to be. It was a Twilight fan fiction turned novel. Here's a link comparing the two stories http://dearauthor.com/features/indu...-versus-fifty-shades-by-e-l-James-comparison/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom