Geno comments | The Boneyard

Geno comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for Geno. I'm glad he came out immediately and blasted the claim as being false. She leveled some incredibly damaging accusations at him, and I very much look forward to the truth coming out completely exonerating him.

Reaction Score
I just love how all this is coming out 3 YEARS LATER and just around the time of the Olympics. I would countersue her for defamation of character. Send her the message that this is will not be tolerated!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Summitt is having a field day with this, but then again they are experts on making false allegations! Geno is innocent and the real truth will come out.
Honestly, I don't think we'll get any satisfaction. I'll bet the lawyers will meet in some room, agree on a dollar amount and issue a statement that Geno, et al, have paid Hardwick off without acknowledging any guilt, or whatever the exact terminology is.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't think we'll get any satisfaction. I'll bet the lawyers will meet in some room, agree on a dollar amount and issue a statement that Geno, et al, have paid Hardwick off without acknowledging any guilt, or whatever the exact terminology is.

Agreed. I doubt we will ever know what really happened. People are either gonna believe her or him. But no matter what, it is not going to be good for Geno or UCONN or USA Basketball. These things never are.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

I wouldn't bet on that unless the woman actually has eye-witnesses. GA has a lot at stake, and I have no idea what the truth is regarding his advances. The guy coaches young women - there never has been a suggestion that he's made advances on any of them - but it does not help him at all with the parents of prospective recruits to have this claim settled out. The woman has to prove two things, given that she is claiming that Geno not only stopped her from getting the assignment, but that he did so out of revenge for her being unreceptive. If she can't prove that this overture actually occurred, than she is left without the motivation that she is claiming led to his supposed string pulling to deny her the assignment.

The fact that the woman is an attorney and a narcotics agent doesn't mean a thing in terms of the likelihood of her not making this sort of claim unless it were true. In some ways, if her claim is bs, the fact that she is educated in the law might make her think that GA will be forced to do just what you suggest. While she wasn't an attorney, a very bright woman in my old government office made harassment allegations against 3 different supervisors. None of the claims seemed likely and after a lot of agony for the men involved, her claims were dismissed. She was a very ambitious person. Now, I can't say for sure that she was lying, but if she felt that she should have been a supervisor instead of them (the office had several female supervisors so there was no pattern of denying female promotion) and was jealous enough to not care if she injured the reputation of those people, her anger might have interfered with her ethics. I would be extremely reluctant to settle with Hardwick unless she has eye-witnesses and not just people she claims she told at the time.

Reaction Score

I hope not. I want full exoneration for him

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just my 2 cents: don't settle if [since!!] you are innocent....period.

Reaction Score
I hope not. I want full exoneration for him

I'm with you 100% on this! I'm sick and tired of people making false allegations and getting away with it. Its obvious this individual just wants a financial reward.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Two words: Bernie Fine.

His wife's suit may slow ESPN's rush to excoriate Geno.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Agree completely. And if it was only Geno as the named defendant, he'd take it all the way to trial, vindication and subsequently sue Hardwick for defamation.

But because we have corporate entities included as named defendants, Nan's projected scenario (above) is the likely outcome. The NBA will weigh the cost of continued litigation and the negative PR to arrive at a settlement figure.

And the haters will have a feather for their caps regardless.

HGN

Reaction Score
Geno may just not have liked her personality wise...... And why would he, being a smart man, attack a woman who is authorized to carry a weapon and head of security , with eyewitnesses around ? I don't think anything happened.

I think it was just a personality conflict.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Unless Hardwick is able to better substantiate the attempted kissing incident with some kind of evidence, I cannot imagine that Geno would ever say anything to agree with that part of her complaint. He may agree to pay her and make her go away, but I think he will publicly maintain his innocence.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Unless Hardwick is able to better substantiate the attempted kissing incident with some kind of evidence, I cannot imagine that Geno would ever say anything to agree with that part of her complaint. He may agree to pay her and make her go away, but I think he will publicly maintain his innocence.
The lawyers for Geno, USA Basketball and the NBA may very well tell everyone not to comment. A ticked off Hardwick won't settle the complaint and make it go away.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
The lawyers for Geno, USA Basketball and the NBA may very well tell everyone not to comment. A ticked off Hardwick won't settle the complaint and make it go away.
Lawyers telling Geno not to comment won't stop him from commenting.. At this point in his career, his reputation is all that counts.

Reaction Score

Yes. Great. But the problem is just because you are right does not mean a jury will find you are right. And the risk of a bad verdict is part of the reason why almost every case settles.

Reaction Score
I kinda doubt this happened. Geno won't let the Girls tweet, he always say's. "You can't do anything or say anything today without it ending up, being tweeted or on YouTube" So he's going to Grab the Arm of the Head of Security at a Hotel where they may have a camera? Any woman I know trained to defend herself would have taken Geno down, kicked him in the you know whats, and alerted the proper law enforcement personnel. Just sayin', as my Nephew likes to say

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I kinda doubt this happened. Geno won't let the Girls tweet, he always say's. "You can't do anything or say anything today without it ending up, being tweeted or on YouTube" So he's going to Grab the Arm of the Head of Security at a Hotel where they may have a camera? Any woman I know trained to defend herself would have taken Geno down, kicked him in the you know whats, and alerted the proper law enforcement personnel. Just sayin', as my Nephew likes to say

You bring up a good point.. Most hotels archive their security tapes.. What hotel doesn't have an elevator security camera? I wonder if Geno's team will try to locate it if there is one

Reaction Score
I don't think that GA settles this. There is too much at stake for him to ever leave any lingering doubt as to guilt or innocence. A murky resolution would undermine his recruiting ability and leave a cloud over the program. I back him 100%. I really don't think this happened. I'm not going to speculate on motives. The description of the "chase" reminds me of slapstick comedy. I'm picturing Groucho duckwalking down the hall in his tails holding a rubber chicken.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Yes. Great. But the problem is just because you are right does not mean a jury will find you are right. And the risk of a bad verdict is part of the reason why almost every case settles.
That's true in criminal cases where the fear of losing at trial and receiving a lengthy prison sentence is involved. This is a civil case.

A great deal of Geno's sterling reputation has already and unfairly been tarnished in the court of public opinion. If this case went to trial and he lost, he'd suffer financial consequences and further damage his image. The pay-out perhaps not significantly more than an out-of-court settlement would cost. What's the penalty for an attempted $mooch going for on the open market these days? Do you think there's a price Geno would ever place on his reputation? You don't think he'd take this all the way if not encumbered with co-defendants?

My assumption and fear, is that he'll never get the chance to vindicate himself in court. Instead, he'll be dragged into a settlement by his co-defendants. I'm supremely confident the hotel's CCTV tapes of the bar, elevator and hallway from the infamous evening in question, would clear this all up in Geno's favor.

Reaction Score
That's true in criminal cases where the fear of losing at trial and receiving a lengthy prison sentence is involved. This is a civil case.

A great deal of Geno's sterling reputation has already and unfairly been tarnished in the court of public opinion. If this case went to trial and he lost, he'd suffer financial consequences and further damage his image. The pay-out perhaps not significantly more than an out-of-court settlement would cost. What's the penalty for an attempted $mooch going for on the open market these days? Do you think there's a price Geno would ever place on his reputation? You don't think he'd take this all the way if not encumbered with co-defendants?

My assumption and fear, is that he'll never get the chance to vindicate himself in court. Instead, he'll be dragged into a settlement by his co-defendants. I'm supremely confident the hotel's CCTV tapes of the bar, elevator and hallway from the infamous evening in question, would clear this all up in Geno's favor.

Most people have a fear of losing a great deal of money based on a jury getting it wrong, and having to pay that in addition to huge legal fees. If you're braver, that's great. But civil litigation is about money. If you make it about restoring your reputation, you've lost before you've begun because the system is not set up to vindicate people.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Most people have a fear of losing a great deal of money based on a jury getting it wrong, and having to pay that in addition to huge legal fees. If you're braver, that's great. But civil litigation is about money.
The money angle is possible if you're talking about your average Joe, or even your above-average-Joe. Geno is neither. He's a celebrity multi-millionaire with a personal reputation and commercial brand to defend. I seriously doubt the Benjamins will influence Geno one iota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom