Geno Auriemma thrashing Notre Dame for not joining in football | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma thrashing Notre Dame for not joining in football

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Big East could have been saved if the 8(9) football teams thought that being in a league with each other was a worthwhile endeavor. Obviously, as subsequent events are proving, the league had 5-6 teams that are going to get into other BCS conferences, so the quality was clearly there. UConn, Rutgers and USF appear to be the dregs.

Maybe Whaler is right. Maybe UConn is just a lousy program that doesn't deserve to be in a BCS league.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It would be interesting to see what would have happened if these 12 football schools had gotten together for all sports.

Miami
VTech
BCU
Pitt
Syracuse
UConn
Rutgers
WVU
Louisville
USF
Cincy
Temple

I'd say it would have been better than the ACC in both football and hoops and better in hoops than what would have been left of the Big East. I'd also also say that this conference and the SEC would be picking the ACC clean today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Big East could have been saved if the 8(9) football teams thought that being in a league with each other was a worthwhile endeavor. Obviously, as subsequent events are proving, the league had 5-6 teams that are going to get into other BCS conferences, so the quality was clearly there. UConn, Rutgers and USF appear to be the dregs.

Maybe Whaler is right. Maybe UConn is just a lousy program that doesn't deserve to be in a BCS league.

I've never said they are a lousy program nor do I think they don't belong in a BCS league. I can look at the stable BCS leagues though and I can see that UConn is not a member of one. I can't explain why that is (although I know it's not Notre Dame's fault)... but it is. If we could change it by beating our chests on internet message boards, I'd be happy to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom