Geno Auriemma hospitalized after falling ill - Resting comfortably. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma hospitalized after falling ill - Resting comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Flu +, maybe, migraine? Do I remember he gets'em?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
AT HIS AGE???? He is 63? Just a kid in this new world of implied longevity.
The wife and I had a bug (going around we are told) that caused projectile vomiting for 2 days, then just vomiting and diarrhea--we thought we were dying, then hoped we would ---it was bad it lingered 3 weeks.
Geno has been and is currently in GOOD HANDS medically. Obviously, he is pushing pretty hard--probably he keeps reading that some Boneyarders say he needs another Big (Guilty!) so he's hitting the recruiting trails too often and too hard.

Geno just turned 62 in March. It sounds like he may be dehydrated, among other things. Best wishes to him for a quick recovery. It seems like the push to get the fourth title for the Big Three may have taken a toll on his health.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I offer no diagnosis or reminiscences, just the hope that the medical staff at his hospital provides quality care for him like those at the VA Hospital in West Haven have for me.:)

On second thought,. . .

If he is so fortunate, he'll stay there to play bocce ball, hustling the staff, instead of coaching the Olympic team in Rio.;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I offer no diagnosis or reminiscences, just the hope that the medical staff at his hospital provides quality care for him like those at the VA Hospital in West Haven have for me.:)

On second thought,. . .

If he is so fortunate, he'll stay there to play bocce ball, hustling the staff, instead of coaching the Olympic team in Rio.;)

No possibility of catching anything in Rio is there? :oops:

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Cmon Geno, kick the butt of that bug!

Reaction Score
magnifico
Riposare e recuperare ...
Stiamo alzando una raccolta per ottenere un giocatore di basket ... circa 6 piedi 7 pollici ... un'amazzone ... molto forti con i piedi magici
Great idea. Go Fund Me a Stewie plus. Get well Geno.

Reaction Score
I hope he gets the great care like i get at the V.A. here in Loma Linda,Ca.But, er....on second thought.

Reaction Score
Hope he listens to everybody who cares about him and does what's smart : rest, eat & drink good stuff, and slow down a little. A little kick in the shins for guys his age can be a blessing in disguise.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
There is a little-known Marxist Theory that you CAN burn the candle at both ends.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAMYAAAAJDAyYjFlNTE2LWQzNmUtNDUxYS05N2I3LWRhM2VjMDlmYjk3MA.jpg

Reaction Score
I think he heard that one of the hospital candy-stripers could toss bed linen 40' into a narrow hamper and he checked in to coach her up for next year.

Seriously, the likeliest is what anyone who's had this springtime flu (despite the flu shot) knows: it's a really, really nasty bug.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Get well GENO! and get your rest. Do your recruiting from the phone for a while. No planes.

Reaction Score
Seriously, the likeliest is what anyone who's had this springtime flu (despite the flu shot) knows: it's a really, really nasty bug.

Yes. Yes it is. :(

Hope you're on the mend, Coach !!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How wonderful it would be if a team "insider" (staffer) would be kind enough to give us a daily report as to his status. Nothing personal, no details. A "Geno continues to rest comfortably, and is in good spirits" is good enough for me.

Just something daily until he is discharged would be greatly appreciated by us all. Since his condition warrants admission into the hospital, he's where he belongs at this moment. I'm sure his attendants all know who he is. They will take excellent care of him. With monitored bed rest and medication, they will have Geno back on his feet in no time. Blessings and favor to you Geno. Get well soon.
I appreciate your concern but Geno actually hates to be "the story" and would much rather have his privacy. I will be deleting any posts that violate Coach's privacy.

Reaction Score
Like everyone else- I certainly wish him well!!! I'm wondering- I hope some "bad news" from Walker Wasn't the cause?
Seriously? You think that after winning 11 NC's the failure of a recruit to give a verbal to UConn would put Geno in the hospital? Come on, man. Tulsa is more likely to win the NC next year.

Reaction Score
Seriously? You think that after winning 11 NC's the failure of a recruit to give a verbal to UConn would put Geno in the hospital? Come on, man. Tulsa is more likely to win the NC next year.
I just have to be believe that Geno-ista was kidding. A sarcasm button would save a lot of typing....

Reaction Score
I felt sick when I opened this thread yesterday.

I thought his face looked a little red when he was interviewed.

Hope it isn't too serious. Get well, Coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom