Geno Auriemma hospitalized after falling ill - Resting comfortably. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma hospitalized after falling ill - Resting comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Hoping Coach rebounds quickly from whatever is ailing him.
While at the hospital he is probably constructing better plans for staff rotations and hand offs between hospital departments.
I hope he rebounds quickly with an assist from the medical team.
upload_2016-4-17_17-58-3.png

Last edited:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Seriously? You think that after winning 11 NC's the failure of a recruit to give a verbal to UConn would put Geno in the hospital? Come on, man. Tulsa is more likely to win the NC next year.
It was supposed to be funny! :)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Best wishes, of course. These bugs are ugh.

About a month ago -
my 86 year old mother-in-law was still staying here and came down with 2 days of severe stomach upset and vomiting.
about 3 days after that, I was sick for 4 days - (I'm 59). My stomach didn't feel good, but my issue was quite the other end, plus just feeling awful.
the day before I reached "almost full" recovery, my nephew was here helping me with some tasks (I was sitting and giving directions, mostly) - 3 days later he was bed-ridden with similar symptoms to mine for 2 days. And he's in his late 30's.

So it is understandable that, at some point, public figures like Geno are going to "catch" something. Hope it isn't serious, of course.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I felt sick when I opened this thread yesterday.

I thought his face looked a little red when he was interviewed.

Hope it isn't too serious. Get well, Coach!
I hope you forgot to hit the sarcasm button
Geno.jpg

HGN

Reaction Score
Any updates on the coach's condition or what caused the illness?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Any updates on the coach's condition or what caused the illness?
Channel 8 said about five minutes ago that "it's just a flu".

We can't get more info on Coach because HIPAA rules prohibit hospitals, or others, from disclosing personal info without permission.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
None of my business, but I wouldn't mind if Geno decided to take the summer off to relax if you know what I mean. Bruno would do fine.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
None of my business, but I wouldn't mind if Geno decided to take the summer off to relax if you know what I mean. Bruno would do fine.

Doug would do fine, but ain't no way that's happening, but send donations of bug spray to USOC WCBB at PO Box 00000, Geno's Landing,etc.

After Geno has put in all the work (and maybe impacted recruiting both ways in the process) he's not going to sit this one out.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this update. I'm really surprised that neither the school or family has released any info. He is a very high profile guy and I'm sure there are many people that are concerned and become more concerned when no information is forthcoming. I realize this is a personal matter and we as fans are not owed anything, but......

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this update. I'm really surprised that neither the school or family has released any info. He is a very high profile guy and I'm sure there are many people that are concerned and become more concerned when no information is forthcoming. I realize this is a personal matter and we as fans are not owed anything, but.

I share your frustration, but we are mere voyeurs. I trust those who need reassurance are getting it ... like crucial recruits...wink, wink, wink.

Reaction Score
It was supposed to be funny! :)
Sorry, my bad. I have to stop listening to politicians on TV, it causes me to think everyone has gone bonkers. I have often thought some pol was joking only to discover he was dead serious. Well, live serious.

Last edited:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The disease (or "bug" or whatever) that's been plowing up the midwest will, I hope, pass by the Northeast - and everywhere else. This is dangerous stuff. I know from very unpleasant personal experience. I was out for three months. I am just a little older than Geno. But, I survived it, as did my 90 year-old mother. My hopes for a full and recovery, bro Geno!

Reaction Score
My wife and I came down with it driving back from Bridgeport after the Elite 8 (oh no! did we somehow give it to Geno?), and still are nowhere near fully recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom