Gavin Keefe: Andre Jackson getting ready for first season at UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Gavin Keefe: Andre Jackson getting ready for first season at UConn

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I agree with your first paragraph but let’s also not compare Andres basketball skills to Kwintins. I mean not even the same planet.
I never compared their basketball skills. I do think Andre will be good but projecting success based on 5 minutes of highlight reel dunks and a 46 inch vertical is not something I like to do. I trust DH's judgment but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than angrily disappointed is all I'm saying.

Reaction Score
I never compared their basketball skills. I do think Andre will be good but projecting success based on 5 minutes of highlight reel dunks and a 46 inch vertical is not something I like to do. I trust DH's judgment but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than angrily disappointed is all I'm saying.

Oh I agree with that part but I would hope we know the difference in Andres potential vs who Kwintin was prior to hitting the Storrs campus? That was a hope and a prayer Andre is not at all.

Reaction Score
His passing ability and handle are why I'm so much more excited about Jackson than other players known for their athleticism. I can see why Sid Wilson was so highly recruited; he can run, jump, and make highlight dunks and blocks. Unfortunately, he didn't have a good handle, he wasn't a great shooter, and he didn't show any ability to create for others. Jackson seems seems like his might fill up a box score and impact the game in numerous ways. I can only hope we eventually get to see him, Bouknight, and a healthy Akok on the court together.
I wonder what sids stats were in high school. I think it takes some different skills to score 20 a game in high level high school. Creating your own shot etc.

Side note: I was reading the Rhode Island board and they all said Jackson isn’t worried about Martin, kids a legit stud. Good to hear his reputation goes beyond UConn fandom. (Pointing this out isn’t a knock on Martin)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom