Gavin Keefe: Andre Jackson getting ready for first season at UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gavin Keefe: Andre Jackson getting ready for first season at UConn

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Tweet giannis, maybe he’ll come play with you.

How is that even possible? Give him the keys to your arena.

Reaction Score
Jackson put his all-around skills on display, averaging 18.8 points, 10.1 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 2.7 blocks while shooting 51 percent from the field, 45 percent from 3-point range and 80.5 percent from the foul line. He finished with over 1,100 career points

45% from 3!?

I doubt the 3 percentage will translate, but if he can shoot it at even 30% and be some kind of credible threat, his all around game alongside Bouknight, Cole, and Gaffney will really open up the offense.

Given his handle and passing ability, my optimistic projection for Jackson is Daniel Hamilton with superior athleticism/toughness/motor.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I doubt the 3 percentage will translate, but if he can shoot it at even 30% and be some kind of credible threat, his all around game alongside Bouknight, Cole, and Gaffney will really open up the offense.

Given his handle and passing ability, my optimistic projection for Jackson is Daniel Hamilton with superior athleticism/toughness/motor.

Your optimistic projection is someone who was the #55 overall pick and has spent the bulk of his professional career in the G-League? Do I want to ask about the pessimistic projection?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Given the 80% ft...I’ve got hope he can be a threat from 3 from day 1.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Given the 80% ft...I’ve got hope he can be a threat from 3 from day 1.
He put up those numbers playing a national schedule too, and looked great against EYBL competition. Kid is going to be a contributor day one, starter by mid season.

Reaction Score

That would be fantastic. Hamilton was a great player despite average athleticism. If Jackson is that skilled and far more athletic we would be a tough out.

Reaction Score
He put up those numbers playing a national schedule too, and looked great against EYBL competition. Kid is going to be a contributor day one, starter by mid season.
He’s going to be awesome. But if we reel in Nolley and Vaughn idk if he ever starts next year. Which would mean we are REALLY good

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
When I was in middle school I was driving to the basket into traffic on a fast break and lost control of my handle. I ended up having to reach behind my body hoping to grab the ball and I guess somehow accidentally ended up throwing the ball directly to my teammate who scored on a lay up. I didn’t even know my teammate was there. Everyone thought I had some crazy no look behind the back pass and I just let them believe it.

I’m thinking Jackson’s go a little different than that.
Can you post your mixtape?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Here’s some extended highlights of that game

I really like Jackson's game a lot. Looks like a future lottery pick with his blend of size, skill, and athleticism. We've had a lot of great wings here. He's not as talented as a Rudy or Sticks, but seems to have more skill and a better motor. Not as skilled as DHam but has better athleticism and the motor again.

If there's one thing about his game to fix that can hopefully elevate it even further it would be his jumpshot mechanics. I remember Kemba coming in with the same problem of having a low wind up point that made it hard to shoot off the dribble. If he can work to raise the start point in his jumper similar to Kemba he can become a star.

pj

Reaction Score
He's not as talented as a Rudy or Sticks

I don't know how you can make that judgment at this stage of his career. I hope he's more talented than Sticks at least.

Now if you said, "He's not as tall as Rudy or Sticks," then you'd have a good case.

Reaction Score
What's the big deal? According to rivals there are 80 incoming freshmen better than him.

Reaction Score
I really like Jackson's game a lot. Looks like a future lottery pick with his blend of size, skill, and athleticism. We've had a lot of great wings here. He's not as talented as a Rudy or Sticks, but seems to have more skill and a better motor. Not as skilled as DHam but has better athleticism and the motor again.

If there's one thing about his game to fix that can hopefully elevate it even further it would be his jumpshot mechanics. I remember Kemba coming in with the same problem of having a low wind up point that made it hard to shoot off the dribble. If he can work to raise the start point in his jumper similar to Kemba he can become a star.

His jumper is looking a lot better lately. He used to be a total, total non-shooter.

I wouldn't expect that great of a motor right away. He's athletic but almost no freshman are ready for the grond of college ball. Andre is known for some lackadaisical D as well--his team plays primarily zone in hs

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I don't know how you can make that judgment at this stage of his career. I hope he's more talented than Sticks at least.

Now if you said, "He's not as tall as Rudy or Sticks," then you'd have a good case.
I'm referring moreso physically. Rudy and Sticks were 6'8, 6'9 guys with size, height, and length with the athleticism that got them their 5* rating. Neither seemed to have the skill Andre had in their high school stages though.

pj

Reaction Score
I'm referring moreso physically. Rudy and Sticks were 6'8, 6'9 guys with size, height, and length with the athleticism that got them their 5* rating. Neither seemed to have the skill Andre had in their high school stages though.

I guessed that was what you meant. But I don't think "size, height, and length" should be equated with talent. The ability to acquire skills is also a mark of talent.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I guessed that was what you meant. But I don't think "size, height, and length" should be equated with talent. The ability to acquire skills is also a mark of talent.
I won't disagree with that. I do think if Andre had that extra couple of inches his skills would warrant him that 5* rating. Even without it we have a great prospect to look forward to suiting up here. It feels good to get back to having the UConn talent of old.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
What's the big deal? According to rivals there are 80 incoming freshmen better than him.
Is it not okay for people to be excited we have an extremely talented young basketball player coming here? Who our head coach is extremely excited about?

Reaction Score

His no-look dime at 1:20 is ridiculous. Nice one at 7:20 too. Seems like Andre was the only one on the court trying to slow the game down

Pretty lazy on D this game. Everyone is sloppy overall

Reaction Score

Another one here. Few of his dunks they highlight at the beginning. 5:40 a nice no look dime. 6:05 too.

His end to end speed is absurd.

I'd expect a pretty high TO rate freshman year from him as he adjusts to the new pace of the game. Some of this stuff he won't get away with in the NBE.

I counted 17pts 9asts in this one. Competition level wasn't very good.

Reaction Score
Jackson is very unselfish, almost always looks to pass and rarely takes a bad shot. Definite point forward type. A great luxury to have in such an athletic player.

Reaction Score
Watched a mixtape of his today and wanted to share a screenshot of this insane block.

Man, I wonder how cool it would be to be able to jump so high that YOUR HEAD REACHES THE HOOP!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 8.00.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 8.00.07 PM.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 178
Reaction Score
Watched a mixtape of his today and wanted to share a screenshot of this insane block.

Man, I wonder how cool it would be to be able to jump so high that YOUR HEAD REACHES THE HOOP!

I've been told his vertical is 46 inches. Theoretically the kid could bite the rim if he set his mind to it. Just an insane ability to get off the ground. And he does it QUICK too, with tremendous end to end speed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom