Gampel Technical enhancements | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gampel Technical enhancements

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We had a heated argument in the stretch limo on the way to Gampel yesterday about keeping or getting rid of jock jams at uconn games. Very divisive issue.

You better have been on the right side of it Kenny.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Look I start this with some understanding that UConn athletics are bleeding $ and not in the greatest financial situation with limited conference TV revenue ... but we can dream anyway right. So since UConn has fixed the marconi (lol) or whatever tiles ... whenever I see that now beautiful white dome I see such a potential for a visual video screen.

I think of being at NBA games and seeing things like this:

guess who else has one:

This seems to be a company that makes those effects:

Any idea how much these things go for and how realistic it would ever be for UConn to put one on a wish list. An incoming recruit seeing his image and maybe some action video up on the dome would sure set us apart in the competitive recruiting world. It sure would have an effect on me if I were an incoming opponent. Being state of the art like this and using students to learn the technology and building degrees off the skills needed to maintain, program and build the tech would also seem to be learning with actual real world implications (and ability to get jobs with the experience.) Would that be a way to attack this idea ... some type of $ into an educational field?

Anyone?

Imagine Walker dropping McGee and the floor shatters in 3D to start the effects

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Guy dancing to jock jams....

SpottedSoulfulBoubou-size_restricted.gif

Reaction Score
Need to get rid of some of the weird games during time outs also. (Paper roll up, blue-white,key bank etc. Dumb) There has to be a better way to make money.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
"Let me clear my throat" for pregame hype song! It's even on a Jock Jams according to Google. Everyone wins, or at least, I do.

Reaction Score
How about getting rid of the tee shirt gun. The AD has people running it who don't know how to make it work. It is an embarrassment at the Rent and was against Florida. Have a few members of the baseball team throw the tee shirts. The repetitive stupidity is not very encouraging about the folks running things.

Reaction Score
The T-Shirt gattling gun is funny. Total disaster.

We're def. not the only place that sucks at running it though. I've seen that thing screwed up almost everywhere.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
"I loved everything about the school. I would've committed to UConn if it wasn't for that damn Jock Jams song."

goshdarn right. Music stinks? I'm out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So bringing back around...

The Gampel ceiling is perfect for projections. I think it would be pretty cool to put up a picture of the each of the starting five above the baskets during intros.

(Disclosure: I haven't been there in a while so I have no idea what they are doing currently.)

Reaction Score
So bringing back around...

The Gampel ceiling is perfect for projections. I think it would be pretty cool to put up a picture of the each of the starting five above the baskets during intros.

(Disclosure: I haven't been there in a while so I have no idea what they are doing currently.)
They just turn the lights out and play an awful intro video. For the big games we get fire pyrotechnics.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They just turn the lights out and play an awful intro video. For the big games we get fire pyrotechnics.
Then it would be pretty cool to have big player pictures up on the roof. It's basically an IMAX screen.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see them technically enhance the seats to be comfortable.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
The "Stand and Clap"has turned to an embarrassment.

Students change to a different cheer at the 1st D possession. Most other fans "Stand and Pray for a made Free Throw". And it is impossible for a crowd to keep rythmn.

For big games it works if we score in the 1st 2 possessions otherwise not.

My only suggestion would be a variation of Queens We Will Rock You. Students lead with 2 CLAPs and fans reply with One Thunderous reply.

Some kind of rythmn and students get to lead the cheer. Add a UConn or hoop chant to keep fresh.

UConn fans used to annoy away and MSG fans with this, now no one participates at home.

Reaction Score
The blue-white tee shirt cheer/competition is awful. Don't really get the whole blue white thing....wouldn't "UConn" "Huskies" be more logical? School of engineering should be directed to work up a fix for the t shirt Gatling gun. What happened to the slingshot they used to have?

Can they ask the guy who emcees to move the mic away from his mouth when he yells?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I get chills when I hear the “ding ding” still. Jock jams is a gampel tradition at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom