Gampel Technical enhancements | The Boneyard

Gampel Technical enhancements

Reaction Score
Look I start this with some understanding that UConn athletics are bleeding $ and not in the greatest financial situation with limited conference TV revenue ... but we can dream anyway right. So since UConn has fixed the marconi (lol) or whatever tiles ... whenever I see that now beautiful white dome I see such a potential for a visual video screen.

I think of being at NBA games and seeing things like this:

guess who else has one:

This seems to be a company that makes those effects:

Any idea how much these things go for and how realistic it would ever be for UConn to put one on a wish list. An incoming recruit seeing his image and maybe some action video up on the dome would sure set us apart in the competitive recruiting world. It sure would have an effect on me if I were an incoming opponent. Being state of the art like this and using students to learn the technology and building degrees off the skills needed to maintain, program and build the tech would also seem to be learning with actual real world implications (and ability to get jobs with the experience.) Would that be a way to attack this idea ... some type of $ into an educational field?

Anyone?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The number 1 technical enhancement UConn could make is free and easy to implement:

Get rid of $#&@ing jock jams. Just get rid of it. Get it out. Retire it already.

I honestly don’t understand it.

Reaction Score
The number 1 technical enhancement UConn could make is free and easy to implement:

Get rid of $#&@ing jock jams. Just get rid of it. Get it out. Retire it already.
After hating our outdated jock jams for years, I feel like it’s been long enough that they now make me laugh and I don’t want them to leave. I do want a slight change from the opening clap along song, did we get a lifetime deal on that so we can’t change?

Reaction Score
Jock Jams always makes me think of cassette tapes and elementary school.
Even my middle schoolers had me delete it from my playlist for PE class. Sad UConn is still using it.

Reaction Score
Is "Jock Jams" the "Let's Get Ready to Rumble" song? If that's the case then I don't see the hate as I see it as part of game-day tradition, maybe I don't mind it as it's before my time? I am very interested in hearing some suggestions as to what could replace it, though.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We rolled out some new pyrotechnics for the Arizona game last year at XL and the presentation was pretty solid. Obviously there is room for improvement.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They’ve done light shows on the dome for first night. I wonder the feasibility of doing it every game

Reaction Score

We had a heated argument in the stretch limo on the way to Gampel yesterday about keeping or getting rid of jock jams at uconn games. Very divisive issue.

Reaction Score
We rolled out some new pyrotechnics for the Arizona game last year at XL and the presentation was pretty solid. Obviously there is room for improvement.
Used em for Florida too. I guess they just crack me out for “marque” matchups

Reaction Score
They brought out the pyro for the Florida game yesterday too. Seems like it’s a big game thing.

Reaction Score
that's a joke for you neanderthals
Amazing post, one with "i fart in your general direction" for a narrative calling others Neanderthals. Another line in the book of things you just can't make up....This is classic...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Amazing post, one with "i fart in your general direction" for a narrative calling others Neanderthals. Another line in the book of things you just can't make up....This is classic...

please tell me you've heard of monte python...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom