Gampel Technical enhancements | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gampel Technical enhancements

Reaction Score
What's with so much hate with jock jams?

I'm in my early 20s and see nothing wrong with jock jams. Even my older dad who hates half the stuff that goes on at UConn games likes it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is "Jock Jams" the "Let's Get Ready to Rumble" song? If that's the case then I don't see the hate as I see it as part of game-day tradition, maybe I don't mind it as it's before my time? I am very interested in hearing some suggestions as to what could replace it, though.
Another reason I will always remember the '99 Michigan State game at Gampel is the actual presence of THE actual Michael Buffer, who (as legend had it) got $10,000 a pop to articulate those immortal five words back then.

He did it twice.

20 large well spent SUBOG.

Reaction Score
I’d want some more recent music for warmups and halftime but the Let’s get ready to ruble has got to stay. They’ve gotta add something to lineup intros too like stated in this thread

Reaction Score
Jesus- the Wi-Fi is terrible in gampel. It’s like I’m stuck in northern Maine or something - not easy trying to check football scores on a Sunday afternoon when the reception was if I was in the Alaskan wilderness - come on uconn officials it’s 2020.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Jesus- the Wi-Fi is terrible in gampel. It’s like I’m stuck in northern Maine or something - not easy trying to check football scores on a Sunday afternoon when the reception was if I was in the Alaskan wilderness - come on uconn officials it’s 2020.
It's supposed to be a secret but the Wifi p/w is EPatoni1

Reaction Score
Gampel notes.
Better:
Ceiling no longer embarrassing
Lights & sound seem better
"Dress like the huskies" finally canned
Cool huge student section banner (Fight on Connecticut)
Worse:
The Guy.
Pathetic T-shirt gun
Too many civilians shooting hoops for small change

Also the chocolate chip cookie suck.
All in all though, Sunday was FANTASTIC.

Reaction Score
Gampel notes.
Better:
Ceiling no longer embarrassing
Lights & sound seem better
"Dress like the huskies" finally canned
Cool huge student section banner (Fight on Connecticut)
Worse:
The Guy.
Pathetic T-shirt gun
Too many civilians shooting hoops for small change

Also the chocolate chip cookie suck.
All in all though, Sunday was FANTASTIC.
I don’t think many will care about the amenities when we play Villanova and others in the Big East, but it’s glaring now against Tulsa Tulane and ECU

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I mention it from time to time but there is a plan to add a concourse to Gample which will update the food/bathroom situation.

Gampel concourse.JPG

It is probably 3-4 years away, at best though. Need to finish the baseball/softball/soccer field project and the hockey arena first.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I mention it from time to time but their is a plan to add a concourse to Gample which will update the food/bathroom situation.

View attachment 48263

It is probably 3-4 years away, at best though. Need to finish the baseball/softball/soccer field project and the hockey arena first.
Desperately desperately needed.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Jock Jams slaps.

What really needs to be fixed is that terrible parachute they've been forcing the student section to wave. Let the kids watch the game.

C

Chief00

We just need Wifi in the arena and by the urinals so we can get updates from @Chief00 in real time.
Not just WiFi - also cellular.

I would improve the audio system as well. Also, tell the guy with the microphone, there’s a way to be excited without shouting or if he needs to shout, hold the microphone further away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

I would improve the audio system as well. Slso, tell the guy with the microphone, there’s a way to be excited without shouting or if he needs to shout, Homs TVs microphone further away.
Agreed. People tossing WiFi around but what they really mean is they can’t get on the internet or send texts. It’s a 30 year old marshmallow no wonder there’s no internet

Reaction Score

I would improve the audio system as well. Also, tell the guy with the microphone, there’s a way to be excited without shouting or if he needs to shout, hold the microphone further away.

They literally just upgraded the sound system, but whoever was controlling it Sunday had no idea what they were doing as the volume was all over the place

C

Chief00

They literally just upgraded the sound system, but whoever was controlling it Sunday had no idea what they were doing as the volume was all over the place

Wow- thanks for letting me know. Not sure what part of the chain broke but something went wrong. He comes across at the XL as screaming too - I know he’s probably been told to be enthusiastic - but there’s some sweet spot that hasn’t been achieved.

Reaction Score
A lot of these cheers have evolved over time. I remember the blue/white cheer at old Memorial Stadium. With all that white space on the ceiling of the dome, wouldn’t that be a great place for some projections?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom