Gamecocks 2022 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
just my opinion -but the Groot Walk On thinking is just a thought as to how she may end up on the team more than concrete fact. I would think coach Staley would .. give her a scholly offer after she is evaluated this summer. Is she playing AAU ball this summer ? I did not see her in the SC. Its insulting to say since your family has money-just walk on and save us a scholarship IMO.
She is still identified with the New York AAU team, but I guess that could change at any time.

Question: Have you heard whether Coach Dozier is going to conduct the SC players' camp like she did last Summer or was that a one time deal because AAU summer ball was on covid hold at the time.? That camp was loaded.

Reaction Score
She is still identified with the New York AAU team, but I guess that could change at any time.

Question: Have you heard whether Coach Dozier is going to conduct the SC players' camp like she did last Summer or was that a one time deal because AAU summer ball was on covid hold at the time.? That camp was loaded.
She's playing with the New York team I think.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'm not convinced Todd ever had an offer from us. And I find it hard to believe she's a real take for us, especially with Talaysia Cooper being out there uncommitted. I think the only way we take a guard in this class is if it's Cooper. There's almost zero interaction with Todd and SC on social media, and that's usually a good tell of who we're interested in, at the minimum. None of our coaches follow her, anywhere...

W

wolfe613

I'm not convinced Todd ever had an offer from us. And I find it hard to believe she's a real take for us, especially with Talaysia Cooper being out there uncommitted. I think the only way we take a guard in this class is if it's Cooper. There's almost zero interaction with Todd and SC on social media, and that's usually a good tell of who we're interested in, at the minimum. None of our coaches follow her, anywhere...
still think SC will be the favorite for 2022, definitely seem like the most experienced of the ntl title contenders

Reaction Score

Well ....the SC76ers organization has resumed travel ball for 2021 and most other Carolina AAU teams also. I would say no + she is the coach with the SC76ers premier team travel ball . Sessions may try putting something together but headliners Watkins and Fulwiley are playing in Atlanta this year.

Reaction Score
I always thought Todd was the back up in case Cooper bolts

Reaction Score
Amanda isn't getting anyone that Dawn really wants.
Amanda should be mopping up on other SC Instate prospects-since WBB for HIgh School in SC is so much better sans USC success. McCall King (sp?) would be a perfect example of someone Clemson should pursue.

Reaction Score
For sustained success..these are two must gets 2022 and 2023 (Red Shirt = Fulwiley & Purple shirt = Watkins) . Spearman in the Green shirt was being looked at by SCar but decided not to wait and committed to Miami.
Sustained Success.PNG

Reaction Score
Camden (SC) C/o 2024 star- Joyce Edwards. Delayed her 2021 AUU season. Why? She is playing soccer this Spring at Camden High School [SC]. Its nice to see she will allow herself to develop in another sport-especially soccer.

Reaction Score
For sustained success..these are two must gets 2022 and 2023 (Red Shirt = Fulwiley & Purple shirt = Watkins) . Spearman in the Green shirt was being looked at by SCar but decided not to wait and committed to Miami.
View attachment 67118
I don't think our sustained success is at all contingent on those two, but they're pretty good.

Need to get past the idea that instate players are necessary to win, IMO.

There are some national level players coming up and they do fit the roster but there are other options, perhaps betters ones out there.

Reaction Score
I don't think our sustained success is at all contingent on those two, but they're pretty good.

Need to get past the idea that instate players are necessary to win, IMO.

There are some national level players coming up and they do fit the roster but there are other options, perhaps betters ones out there.
Thats the mistake Frank Maguire made 40 yrs ago. When you create an elite Basketball program- it raises the level of competition at the high school level that did not exist before. Ty Corbin and Xavier McDaniel were in state kids who were not recruited by USC . Yet USC was the spark that inspired them to be great.

Dawn offered Milaysia and Ashley before they were teenagers. Oh btw... Fulwiley is 3 Nationally at Watkins will move up beyond her current 13th ranking. They are Natl. recruits and important for sustained success.

No little girl should have to leave SC to play basketball.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Thats the mistake Frank Maguire made 40 yrs ago. When you create an elite Basketball program- it raises the level of competition at the high school level that did not exist before. Ty Corbin and Xavier McDaniel were in state kids who were not recruited by USC . Yet USC was the spark that inspired them to be great.

Dawn offered Milaysia and Ashley before they were teenagers. Oh btw... Fulwiley is 3 Nationally at Watkins will move up beyond her current 13th ranking. They are Natl. recruits and important for sustained success.

Can you think of any big time SC prep recruits that Dawn wanted and lost since she's been in Columbia?

Reaction Score
Xylina McDaniel

I can't remember what the timing of Morgan Stroman was...would have been right around the beginning of Staley's tenure.

Hatchell did a lot of damage in South Carolina over the years (her tenure and national title at Francis Marion helped, I am sure), but McDaniel might be the last one she won head to head. I would guess Dawn probably offered N'Dea Bryant in that same class.

Reaction Score

McGuire left the ACC, got old, and stopped being able to land the best players in NYC.

that's the mistake he made.

I would like South Carolina to sign most of the instate kids, but the key is signing national level recruits.

I'm not sure the local kids are particularly key to remaining relevant. There are similarly ranked players in other places that Dawn has shown she can land. And those players may actually be better fits for winning national titles than the local kids.

But, sure let's sign Watkins, Fulwilely, perhaps Cooper and Edwards, and keep an eye on Stack, Groot, Vance, and Tuthill.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yep, you're right. I went to HS with her dad so I should have remembered that. X and Tyrone Corbin were on the same HS team.

Did he have the bald head in High School? That team had to have won a state title.

Reaction Score

Reminder of Dawn at the end of season PC, talking about players parent(s) inquiring about who can the Gamecocks get from the transfer portal and if there’s anything they can do to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom