Gamecocks 2022 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whenever you look at SC’s depth chart, you always have to include the Wing position as a place many will get significant PT. Just as with 2 PGs starting at the 1 and 2, which has been pretty much the norm under Dawn’s tenure. And with some of these guards being tall w/ long wingspans, such as Rivers and Hall, you may see them occasionally getting minutes at the 4.

Reaction Score
Henderson, Saxton and Littleton are the 3 Juniors on this team. Right now none of them would be lottery picks in the draft. They could choose to come back another year. I don’t see Henderson doing that but it would be nice to get V back for an extra year.

Reaction Score
I would not really consider Cuevas-Moore or Cooke to be point guards. They were shooting guards in smaller bodies, though Cooke isn't really that small.

Reaction Score
I'm excited/terrified to see what this SC team with confident and competent 3-point shooters could look like. Saniya Rivers is so fun to watch on the wing -- even if she's not shooting it well, I think she'd bring more to the table than Beal.

Also, I wonder if Russell might consider heading back home to Maryland. I think she's close with Reese. Could have a nice role after Benzan leaves, considering Zoe Young's iffy future.
Just a thought? When the 2019 McDAA class came in-Beal,Cooke, Thompson & then Transfer Destiny Littleton (2017 McDAA) -they were all consistent outside shooters from AAU and High School. We assumed it would carry over into their careers and it has not always been the case. . Would we be making the same mistake twice with CO 21? The mistake of assuming ?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whelp, time to move on from 2021. Let's talk 2022 "All things Gamecocks"

First, who are we gonna have? Well, more depth with 15 potential scholarship players.

Fifth year senior: ????????
Lele Griffith: W

Seniors:
Elysa Wesolek F
Destiny Littleton G
Destanni Henderson PG
Victaria Saxton F

Juniors
Aliya Boston P/F
Zia Cooke PG
Brea Beal W

Latecia Amihere F
Olivia Thompson PG

Sophomore
Eniyah Russell G

Freshwomen
Raven Johnson PG
Saniya Rivers G/W
Aubryanna Hall G
Sania Feagin F

Not known if Lele will return for her Covid regulation 5th year. Speculative rumor that Eniyah Russell is looking toward transfer.
Speculative meaning regarding Russell transfering -is not based on any evidence, correct ?

Reaction Score
Speculative meaning regarding Russell transfering -is not based on any evidence, correct ?
She apparently tweeted something farewell-y after the season but deleted it pretty quickly afterwards.

Reaction Score
Speculation based on an ambiguous tweet that may not have had anything to do with transferring.

Reaction Score
Want.

I’m supposed to keep this a secret but..... I’m hearing she’s down to SC, NC St, Baylor, Arizona and Louisville. Not sure how accurate that is but it did come from within her Essence AAU program.

Reaction Score
I'm excited/terrified to see what this SC team with confident and competent 3-point shooters could look like. Saniya Rivers is so fun to watch on the wing -- even if she's not shooting it well, I think she'd bring more to the table than Beal.

Also, I wonder if Russell might consider heading back home to Maryland. I think she's close with Reese. Could have a nice role after Benzan leaves, considering Zoe Young's iffy future.
She and Angel are not bff. Didnt even play on the same AAU squad.

Reaction Score
I’m supposed to keep this a secret but..... I’m hearing she’s down to SC, NC St, Baylor, Arizona and Louisville. Not sure how accurate that is but it did come from within her Essence AAU program.

This won’t make the ND fans happy

Reaction Score
Do you know if she has taken any visits? Plans any visits?

one of our biggest selling points was our atmosphere for home games. None of that this year. ?

Reaction Score
Do you know if she has taken any visits? Plans any visits?

one of our biggest selling points was our atmosphere for home games. None of that this year. ?

not sure honestly. But if that’s indeed her final 5 I’m sure she will visit them when the time comes.

Reaction Score
She mentions non-conference dates vs NC State, Maryland, Duke, UConn, the loaded Island tournament. Mentioned talking with Stanford as they are looking to fill out East Coast trip.

that's probably more than half of the Elite 8.

Reaction Score
She mentions non-conference dates vs NC State, Maryland, Duke, UConn, the loaded Island tournament. Mentioned talking with Stanford as they are looking to fill out East Coast trip.

that's probably more than half of the Elite 8.
No mention of Oregon who cancelled our game this past season for covid reasons? I thought both sides said we were going to reschedule for this year. :(

We need to develop an annual PAC game. Need some West Coast exposure for national recruiting purposes. Actually, we need to schedule an annual against a top tier team in all power conferences. Doesn't neccessarily need to be Maryland, Stanford, Baylor. Indiana, Oregon and Texas/Okie State would suffice (Texas would be really enticing due to Vic). Of course we always play a neighboring ACC team or three

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall