Game Week - UConn v. Virginia | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Too much sun!!!!!

Early in on the "we had a bigger crowd but they were all standing under the concourse because of the sun" excuse?

At least you didn't pull the "I'm going to the Big E tomorrow for a Maine potato" card.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What are we predicting for attendance?? Beautiful day, ACC team with decent alumni base in the northeast, all the HS band kids and probably some of their families. Plenty of promotions abound. If you bought a mini pack this is probably one of the games.

~33k?

Reaction Score
What are we predicting for attendance?? Beautiful day, ACC team with decent alumni base in the northeast, all the HS band kids and probably some of their families. Plenty of promotions abound. If you bought a mini pack this is probably one of the games. ~33k?

Wednesday/Thursday tweets from Fuller/Anthony:

Mike Anthony ‏@ManthonyCourant
26,000 tickets have been distributed for UConn-Virginia game.

If we get 30k we'll be lucky.

Reaction Score
Wednesday/Thursday tweets from Fuller/Anthony:

Mike Anthony ‏@ManthonyCourant
26,000 tickets have been distributed for UConn-Virginia game.

If we get 30k we'll be lucky.

Well those numbers went up by 8 today, including two newcomers that I'm hoping to turn into converts. Purely anecdotal but I think we could have a good crowd next week with a win tomorrow. I've already had a few friends that haven't been to a game since the P years asking about tickets as "Watching UConn beat Syracuse in anything is always worth seeing"

Reaction Score
UConn Student Tix@UConnStudentTix 15 mins ago
Don't miss out on @UConnFootball taking on Virginia tomorrow at 1:30pm! Students are just $10 and family/friends are just $15!#UConnNation

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There is a guy on the Reddit CFB board who runs a computer simulation of all the games. So far he's close to 75% correct.
Here is his result for tomorrow: L Virginia 0-3 @ W UConn 2-1 31-14

Reaction Score
Fuller: Virginia at UConn football: 5 things to know

1. Hit the ground running: UConn’s next two games are against teams ranked 121st and 127th among 128 FBS teams in rushing yards per carry allowed, so perhaps it will give former Ansonia High star Arkeel Newsome the spark he needs to get going. Newsome averaged 4.4 yards per carry en route to being the Huskies’ leading rusher in 2015 but he is at 2.2 yards per carry this season.

2. Spreading the wealth: Senior receiver Noel Thomas has 20 catches, the most for a UConn player after two games. The drawback is other players have not been involved in the passing game. Newsome, Tyraiq Beals, Alec Bloom and Tommy Myers combined for 261 yards on 16 catches with three TDs in the first two games last season, but they have just 77 yards on five receptions this season, with 25 of those yards coming on a fake field goal.

3. Guarded optimism: UConn’s depth on the offensive line was viewed as a strength with six players with previous starting experience returning. That depth could be tested with starting guard Tommy Hopkins likely to miss his second straight game. His replacement, Brendan Vechery left last week’s Navy game for a bit, and if he isn’t 100 percent, reserve tackle Trey Rutherford could move back to guard where he started the St. Petersburg Bowl.

4. Familiar faces: Not only is UConn coach Bob Diaco a former assistant coach, but defensive coordinator Anthony Poindexter and quarterbacks coach Wayne Lineburg played and coached at Virginia. Defensive line coach Vincent Brown is another former assistant. Virginia’s top four tacklers (Micah Kiser, Quin Blanding, Zach Bradshaw and Kirk Garner) were recruited by Poindexter or Brown.

5. Road woes: Virginia has lost its last 16 road games, including last week’s 44-26 at Oregon. The Cavaliers’ last road victory came on Nov. 3, 2012 against North Carolina State.

Reaction Score
Well that's pretty pathetic.
Diaco drains people with his stupidity. I don't expect much of a change. His talk has been so stupid so far. Took Belichick losing his job to become a winning coach.

This game should be a W.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
On my way to the game. See you all there!

White_huskies_dog_sledding.jpg

Let's go Huskies!!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Diaco drains people with his stupidity. I don't expect much of a change. His talk has been so stupid so far. Took Belichick losing his job to become a winning coach.

This game should be a W.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of team we'd have with all the same players but BB as coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom