Game Week - UConn v. Virginia | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There's a great opportunity for our HC to get the guys behind him and onboard for a major statement. First he's got to be accountable in a way that shows them he gets it and is committed to change.

Second he needs to take the training wheels off and throw them in Coventry Lake. If Coach let's the guys play they will be out for blood this week. Seize the moment Coach and trust your guys.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think I'm willing to pretend that last week never happened provided that we don't come out and do something stupid that causes us to fall behind.

Reaction Score
UConn Band@UConnBand 7 hours ago
Less than a week away from #UConnBandDay! Upwards to 15 H.S bands will be present for a combined halftime perf.
04.jpg

Reaction Score
Run, run, pass, punt or RRRP again through the first 25 minutes of the game. Please not that again. So exasperating. Causes the team to lose and ruins the game day experience for the fans.

Reaction Score
I think I'm willing to pretend that last week never happened provided that we don't come out and do something stupid that causes us to fall behind.
That's a nice wish but we may have a Run once then Punt set of downs. HCBD may think it's 3rd down when it's actually first down..

Reaction Score

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I bought 17 seats for the Cuse game using that deal and then my old man said we needed 3 more. So I went to order the 3 extra seats but it didn't allow me as you need to order 4.

Called UConn and they took care of it in a matter of minutes and gave me the extra 3 seats at the sale price without an issue.

Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky just now
Diaco: "very hard, painful loss. The moments you don't have success after such a great investment makes this feel even worse, painful"

UConn Football@UConnFootball now
HCBD: "I'm proud of our players. I'm proud of their effort. I'm proud of the culture we have created that has allowed for that."

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstrout just now
UConn's Bob Diaco: "everything we did was well thought out. We don't do things in a haphazard way."

Mike Anthony@ManthonyCourant just now
Diaco: I take full accountability for not having the play.

Patrick Eaton-Robb@peatonrobb 1 min ago
Diaco _ "I take full responsibility and full accountability for not having another play."

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller just now
#UConn's Bob Diaco on last series of plays: "If you are looking for somebody to blame, I am standing here ready to take it."

Diaco now believes UConn would have gotten play off w/o calling time out with 17 seconds to go.

Patrick Eaton-Robb@peatonrobb 1 min ago
Diaco _ "We've analyzed that moment, and worked to build some troubleshooting."

Patrick Eaton-Robb@peatonrobb just now
Diaco says #UConn called the play the players wanted called.

Mike Anthony@ManthonyCourant 1 min ago
Original play call on Johnson run was a pass. Decision changed to "muscle ball in and end the game," at the urging of players.

Mike Anthony@ManthonyCourant 1 min ago
Diaco says UConn considered taking a safety before punt that Navy returned to the UConn 17.

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept just now
Diaco on final play of Saturday's loss: "Everything we do is very well thought out... it's no one's fault other than mine"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky 1 min ago
"I think if players believe they can execute the play, that's a big reason we have taken steps we have taken-to have belief can get it done"

Ken Davis@Kendavis552 mins ago · Storrs
Diaco says his offensive players wanted to run the ball at end against Navy. He was good with that

Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe just now
Diaco on late game strategy: I take accountability that we played 146 plays. We definitely could have played 147."

Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe just now
Diaco: If we punch it in at the half yard line, it's one of the greatest comebacks in UConn history."

Diaco: "There wasn't an urgency to get situated."

Diaco: "It was well thought out. It didn't work out."

Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky 2 mins ago
"When we got back together yesterday, most of focus was spent on perseverance of overall team. How do we have less of these moments?

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller 2 mins ago
#UConn's Bob Diaco "how do we have less of those (last minute situations) at the end of the games."

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept 3 mins ago
Diaco said circumstances "didn't need to be that interesting" and that "there needs to be more consistency on ball flight" throughout game

Diaco: "The players don't run the offense, the defense or the special teams. The coaches do."

ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonviskyjust now
"Coaches made the call, coaches run the offense, defense, special teams. Players were animated, believed in the call, to a man, in situation

"..they would say the same thing."

Reaction Score
On FB Teddy Allmendinger: "been a real pleasant surprise, very smart & very mature. Did a fine job - one on TD & one on 3rd down"

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune 2 mins ago
Diaco - Teddy Allmendinger has a special skill set that no has on the team

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller just now
#UConn's Bob Diaco said OG Tommy Hopkins isn't day to day but is really pleased with his progress

Diaco says OG Tommy Hopkins is getting closer to returning.

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller 1 min ago
#UConn's Bob Diaco said LB Omaine Stephens is on the way back after missing last week's game

Reaction Score
I hear ya but in reality, nothing he says is going to satisfy everyone. Final call was his and he took responsibility and accountability for it happening.

What good purpose did revealing that serve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom