Game Week - UConn v. Syracuse | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
FCF - Please tell me you clicked on the rest of the site before writing that, please, please, please.
Obviously I missed something. I didn't play the video but did read a response from their coach and a player. Did Diaco not do this? (the still photo sure as hell looked like him)

I guess it's evident that I think he is crazy enough to do something like that.

Should never try to follow a link on a smartphone.

Last edited:

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
He tried... most just go w/ # and position. Hell, 3/4 of our fan base can't pronounce Foe-luh-RUN-soo Faa-too-KAH-see
Can't be any worse than Gresh murdering half the names on the team.... Meliwonfu? (Over and over ) and the Sheriffs thing, Herjy, Fakutasi.....seriously wanted to tweet him but I don't have the twitter....almost as bad as his 114 decibels of anti-Uconn calls all day (good thing he wasn't the review official.) Only thing worse than getting ordered to work instead of being at the Rent was listening to him. Ugh.

Reaction Score
College football gameday - Syracuse at UConn

• When: Saturday, 1 p.m.
• Where: Rentschler Field, East Hartford
• Records: Syracuse 1-2; UConn 2-1
• TV: CBS Sports Network
• Radio: WTIC-1080, WAVZ-1300

5 things to watch

1. Slow out of the gate: Only two FBS teams have fewer first-quarter yards than the 110 gained by UConn, while Syracuse has given up more yards in the opening quarter than all but two teams. Something is going to have to give. The Orange have given up an average of 10 yards per rush in the opening quarter, the highest total in the nation, so perhaps the Huskies’ running game can make some things happen early.

2. At a loss: It’s been well documented that UConn’s offense has struggled, especially in the first three quarters. Many of the issues start up front. Fresno State is the only FBS team to give up more tackles for loss since the start of last season than the 122 surrendered by the Huskies. UConn has given up a TFL on every 7.6 plays this season, the program’s worst mark during the FBS era. Those numbers also don’t take into consideration how many times quarterback Bryant Shirreffs made positive yardage on a play after being hit in the backfield.

3. Depth being tested: Syracuse and UConn have discovered that injuries can often pile up at one position. Orange starting defensive backs Antwan Cordy and Juwan Dowels are out for the season. Meanwhile, UConn has already used four players at left guard this season due to injuries to opening game starter Tommy Hopkins and top reserve Brendan Vechery. There’s a chance that Trey Rutherford, who began season as a reserve tackle, could get his second straight start at left guard.

4. O Line Factory: The 20 offensive linemen on the UConn and Syracuse two-deep charts feature four former St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Ryan Crozier is UConn’s starting center and Kyle Schafenacker a reserve guard, while Colin Byrne could make his second straight start at center for Syracuse and Samuel Clausman is a backup guard.

5. Ready to run: Last week featured some bounce back performances by top rushers. Syracuse’s Dontae Strickland ran for 127 yards after managing just 48 in the first two games of the season while UConn’s Arkeel Newsome had 77 yards against Virginia which is 24 more than he managed in the first two games.

— Jim Fuller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate