Game Week - UConn v. Syracuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If UConn can't score against Syracuse, we can't score. That defense is an abomination. I'm really looking forward to breaking the 30 point barrier on Saturday. Unfortunately, we might need all of them to win.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConn Football@UConnFootball 1 min ago
"We're very excited to have the opportunity to make a lot of corrections after win. Energy is high and the players are positive."

UConn Football@UConnFootball 1 min ago
HCBD: "There aren't alot of seniors but there is a strong group of seniors. They're a great group for our team to follow." #UConnNation

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstrout 1 min ago
Diaco calls Syracuse game: “Exciting regional game that’s fun for everyone.”

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept just now
Diaco on lack of offense: "Our program is built to keep points down. So in general, points are down because of the way the program operates"

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstroutjust now
Diaco: “We haven’t quite gotten the production on offense that we’re looking for. That’s just a fact. I can’t hide from it.”

Mike Anthony@ManthonyCourant 1 min ago
Diaco: "We haven't quite gotten the production on offense that we're looking for. That's just a fact."

Reaction Score
Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune just now
Diaco - thought Bryant played a great game with one exception. the interception in the end zone. critical error

Mike Anthony@ManthonyCourant just now
Diaco: "When you get down a few scores, you have a play a particular way. It's not necessarily the way we want to play."

UConn Football@UConnFootball just now
HCBD: "The tight ends are excellent players. I like all our tight ends and I want to put them in different sets and formations." #UConn

Diaco - challenge to transition back from triple-option. thought they did a good on it.

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller just now
#UConn's Bob Diaco: "Disappointing to have those three explosive plays (on defense) on that final drive."

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune 1 min ago
Diaco - long pass was fundamental coverage bust by a new player (Watkins). No fault of their own. Knew it was going to be a work in progress

Neill Ostrout@NeillOstroutjust now
Diaco on late Va. pass: “The long pass was a fundamental coverage bust by a brand-new player.”

Reaction Score
#UConn's Bob Diaco on Syracuse averaging 93 plays per game: "It is like defending two games."

UConn Football@UConnFootball now
"We have to get Arkeel the ball. We're always talking about. He needs the ball. He's got a pretty overwhelming role on offense."

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdeptjust now
Diaco: "We gotta get Arkeel the ball. We'd like to think that he's got a really overwhelming position on offense... he's a special player"

Diaco - Vechery, Hopkins are day-to-day

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault just now
No cranberry pants this week. But we may see them again. "Whatever the equipment staff puts in my locker, I'll wear," Diaco said.

Reaction Score
Diaco - impossible to simulate what Syracuse does as far as the speed of them setting up their offense.

Diaco - believe that we are systematically and physically built for what Syracuse does on offense

Diaco - very tough to substitute defensive players with the way syracuse runs their offense

Diaco - nothing UConn defense can do about slowing it down

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault just now
Diaco says Syracuse's offensive pace can be dangerous because defense has no time to sub out exhausted players. Opens guys to injury.

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller 1 min ago
#UConn's Bob Diaco said subbing players in and out on defense is challenging when playing a fast-paced offense like Syracuse's

Ken Davis@Kendavis55 just now
Syracuse offense Averages one snap every 20.8 seconds. Diaco says it is impossible to recreate in practice

ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky 1 min ago
"To defenses benefit, as fast as the O is going, can do shifts & motions, so some vanilla elements to offense which helps" Diaco

Last edited:
Reaction Score
#UConn's Bob Diaco stated the obvious that it will be a busy day for #UConn's secondary

Diaco on Hergy: "honestly it's just reps. Other than that he's one of most professional guys we have. Craft of blocking is lost on some

Mike Anthony@ManthonyCourant 1 min ago
Diaco praised Hergy Mayala, saying he only needed more reps this season in development. Blocking well is what impressed Diaco most.

Ian Bethune@Ian_Bethune 1 min ago
Diaco - exciting matchup with local like team and universities (BC & Cuse). Hopeful it's a trend that continues.

UConn Football@UConnFootball 2 mins ago
HCBD: "I think it's an exciting match-up with a local university. I think that's pretty cool and hope the trend will continue." #UConnNation

Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky 2 mins ago
"In event that we can, we want to control the ball, control the clock & control the field - field position is big piece." DIaco

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept 2 mins ago
Diaco on improving offense: "We want to control the clock. Time of possession, field position is a big piece for this model"

Mike Anthony@ManthonyCourant 2 mins ago
Diaco: "I'm definitely an optimist," said he views team as being one play away from 3-0, not two plays away from being 0-3.

"Keep looking for ways to tweak day to day to get the offense moving early" Diaco

#UConn's Bob Diaco in DT Mikal Myers; "Tough guy with character."

ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky just now
A+, I've always enjoyed him. Love being on the team with him, funny but tough. Tough guy with character." Diaco on Mikal Myers

ThisIsUConnCountry@MattSchonvisky just now
"What surprised me is his leadership, has a magnetic personality, lot of people who want to be around him. When he talks, everyone listens"

Reaction Score
#UConn's Bob Diaco said subbing players in and out on defense is challenging when playing a fast-paced offense like Syracuse's

Not to mention subbing players in and out on defense is challenging when playing a slow-paced offense or during timeouts.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Keeping points down on D is great. For offense, it leaves you no margin for error. Poor offensive strategy. To reiterate : we don't need Oregon. But we do need an offense that can score. Field position alone isn't what determines winners and losers - it's only value is in a means to an end (scoring). Insanely frustrating the minutiae he focuses on... it's like he loses sight of the big picture.

Reaction Score
"New York's college team"?

Isn't that like Northwestern claiming to be "Illinois' college team"?

Seems to be a stretch.

There use to be a Syracuse sign hanging in Yankee Stadium, signifying them as NY's College Team. This year the sign was changed to Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate