Game Week - UConn v. Syracuse | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This game will be a challenge . . . to the person in charge of the music/barking/video combo on 3rd down, as the Orange offense will not give that person much time to cue it up. I hope we're ready to go on and off the field!

No question, they play fast. Our D has to shut them down early. They were up 17-0 on South FL.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony‏@ManthonyCourant
Diaco: "When you get down a few scores, you have a play a particular way. It's not necessarily the way we want to play." 9:09 AM - 20 Sep 2016

Translation: look for more slow starts as HCBD waits until he's down "by a few scores" to open up the offense. Head bang

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Now I get why Diaco doesn't want punt returns. If we run it back for a touchdown, we have to kick off to the other team and lose posssession.

Seriously, even if we averaged 5 yards a return, that gives us better field position. What am I missing here?

Reaction Score
The game plan should be same as giants vs buffalo in Super Bowl. Long bland offensive drives with a score Keep the Syracuse offense off the field

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I think we can come from behind- yes. But we have to keep Syracuse's offense within reach here. I keep reading how fast they start and play, and that worries me since our offense is like 3rd to last in the nation in 1st quarter yards and thus scoring (0 points in 3 games).

Reaction Score
3Day.jpg

Reaction Score
Everyone seems pretty confident about this one, and cuse fans seem pretty worried, but their offense scares the crap out of me. I just hope we can score enough points to keep up. They came out hot against Louisville and USF. If we have another slow start we may not be able to pull ourselves back in the 2nd half.
Its an explosive offense with good deep threat capabilities.. This will be an excellent test for the D. I imagine Diaco will be in bend don't break mode keeping everything in front of them with big cushions, which will be frustrating to watch. But, we should be able to get it done as long as we don't have breakdowns and give up the long ball.

Reaction Score
Its an explosive offense with good deep threat capabilities.. This will be an excellent test for the D. I imagine Diaco will be in bend don't break mode keeping everything in front of them with big cushions, which will be frustrating to watch. But, we should be able to get it done as long as we don't have breakdowns and give up the long ball.
But we do have breakdowns and give up the long ball. UConn needs to make Syracuse do more than play pitch and catch. If Syracuse does have an explosive offense with good deep threat capabilities they will score a lot on our rope a dope defense. Is the Syracuse defense really bad enough (or UConn offense ready to turn it on) so we can win a higher scoring game, sure hope so.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wow

One way or another this will become stuff of legend. If he turns into a Vince Lombardi type success, people will look back at this as an iconic image from early in his career. If he never amounts to much, this will be viewed as the point where everyone should have known he wasn't in his right mind. Anything in between and this will be a memorable moment in a career without many memorable moments.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Wow

One way or another this will become stuff of legend. If he turns into a Vince Lombardi type success, people will look back at this as an iconic image from early in his career. If he never amounts to much, this will be viewed as the point where everyone should have known he wasn't in his right mind. Anything in between and this will be a memorable moment in a career without many memorable moments.

Satire?

Reaction Score
Wow

FCF - Please tell me you clicked on the rest of the site before writing that, please, please, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom