Game Week - UConn v. Syracuse | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Represent all! My tickets will be in use, but I will be in LV.

Reaction Score
We'll miss you in 241. Somehow, if you're in Vegas I think you will survive not being there!

My fam will still be there - my son is going to drive himself up and my sis and BIL will be there with some friends. My weekend will be a lot more fun, regardless of the outcome.

Reaction Score
Apologies in advance for bringing a Syracuse fan into the section . . . Just one, and I'm pretty sure her husband will have their son in UConn gear.

Reaction Score
Foley Fatooski and Jamal Summers? Come friggin' on.

He tried... most just go w/ # and position. Hell, 3/4 of our fan base can't pronounce Foe-luh-RUN-soo Faa-too-KAH-see

Reaction Score
We went 2-3 at the Carrier Dome (2 of the 3 Syracuse wins were vacated by the NCAA) and 4-0 at the Rent. The only game that was even competitive was in 2011, when McCombs and McCummings tore them up on the ground. EVen when we sucked in '05, we kicked the Butkus out of them on a very rainy day that cleared up a bit by game time.

I don't intend to lose to Syracuse on Saturday. That, to me, is the game I want to win the most this year (with BC a close second, but second because (I) it's on the road and (ii) we don't have the recent football history with them we have with the Orange).

Reaction Score
Beating Cuse sends a statement loud and clear to the ACC that they picked the wrong teams(BC, Cuse) to join their league. Beating BC later this season just adds icing to that cake.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We went 2-3 at the Carrier Dome (2 of the 3 Syracuse wins were vacated by the NCAA) and 4-0 at the Rent. The only game that was even competitive was in 2011, when McCombs and McCummings tore them up on the ground. EVen when we sucked in '05, we kicked the Butkus out of them on a very rainy day that cleared up a bit by game time.

I don't intend to lose to Syracuse on Saturday. That, to me, is the game I want to win the most this year (with BC a close second, but second because (I) it's on the road and (ii) we don't have the recent football history with them we have with the Orange).

1000% agree. The Fruit have never come into our house and pulled out a W. In year 3 of Bob Diaco and game 4 of Dino Babers, this is not a game that I will accept a loss of any kind.

Reaction Score
Everyone seems pretty confident about this one, and cuse fans seem pretty worried, but their offense scares the crap out of me. I just hope we can score enough points to keep up. They came out hot against Louisville and USF. If we have another slow start we may not be able to pull ourselves back in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score

Syracuse is THE game for me this year. I was young when all of the BC stuff happened, so while I understand the BC hate, I don't feel it quite as much as others on the BY. I also don't consider them an athletic peer (regardless of conference), but that's a story for another time.

Syracuse is a different story. I hate the orange. Always have. I'm resting my voice all week for this one. I think it's going to be a loud one. Can't wait.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
LOL - didn't even attempt to say Melifonwu.

wow, ive never heard/ seen a press conference of his and i must say i came away impressed. its refreshing to interview a coach and have straight forward responses that are well thought out and logical. not much mention of fish cake....

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
LOL - didn't even attempt to say Melifonwu.

To be fair, nobody with UCONN does, either.

The media guide has changed pronunciations for his name at least once, now says "Melon-FON-Wuh" , and everyone still says Melon-FON-wu.

Of course, Joe D thinks he's a captain, so maybe not the book of record for this.

Reaction Score
This game will be a challenge . . . to the person in charge of the music/barking/video combo on 3rd down, as the Orange offense will not give that person much time to cue it up. I hope we're ready to go on and off the field!

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
This game will be a challenge . . . to the person in charge of the music/barking/video combo on 3rd down, as the Orange offense will not give that person much time to cue it up. I hope we're ready to go on and off the field!
I really like the 3rd down bit, with the Welcome to the Jungle musical intro (a nod to "North Campus" which I will always call The Jungle) and the huskies on the jumbo tron. One possible add for the other downs would be something with the band. ND had a great, loud, atonal single note that they played vs MSU. When the offense approached the ball, they dropped the note one octave. It was loud, disconcerting, and awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom