Game Week - UConn v. SMU (11/10/18 @ Noon on ESPN3) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. SMU (11/10/18 @ Noon on ESPN3)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
One dude I expected to see this year is TJ Gardner at LB. Time to get on the field dude. This is the week.

Reaction Score
One dude I expected to see this year is TJ Gardner at LB. Time to get on the field dude. This is the week.

As a fan I’d really like to see a few kids like Gardner get some time the rest of the way. It would be a great time for coaches to evaluate some guys in actual game situations.

Honestly don’t know who is next in line after Gilmartin.

There is enough film of Hahn that coaches can evaluate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Or in the alternative go to a 4-2-5 with Swenson playing up like a linebacker.

It is not working with the personnel on the field right now. It’s so frustrating there are no changes. And I absolutely do not buy the argument this is the best we have. Because I can guarantee whoever we plug in can’t do worse. We gave up 8 yards a carry to Tulsa.

Let’s see what other players can do in a game situation at linebacker.

Reaction Score
Gilmartin is dinged up w/ shoulder injury and is questionable...

Depth chart is just an exercise @ this point in time... e.g. Washington @ QB.
I guess we won’t be seeing Krajewski this week either.

Reaction Score
I guess we won’t be seeing Krajewski this week either.

I believe he said it depends on how he does the rest of the week in practice/prep (I didn't hear full question).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So Washington is done for the year but still number 2?

Come on buddy, old Randy has always treated the 2 deep with disdain. As the casualties mount, he's going to test the tolerance of the NCAA on the good will (eg accuracy) of this silly exercise.

Wash and Jones are out. Who plays behind them..... this week its a mystery.

Reaction Score
First time ever that a UConn game was his top selection. He expects a blowout. I say take the Huskies and the points. Thank me later.

PHIL STEELE KEY SELECTIONS
4 STAR
SMU over CONNECTICUT - SMU is 3-0 SU/ATS as AAC rivals, winning by 15 ppg & covering by 9 ppg. After starting the season 0-3 SU under new HC Dykes, SMU has won 4 of 6 & finds itself in contention for bowl eligibility following their outright upset over a ranked Houston squad LW. There wasn’t anything strange about the Ponies massive upset as they led 31-14 at the half & finished w/25-15 FD & 514-365 yd edges. UConn continued their downward trend with their 6th loss by 30+ pts LW at Tulsa. UConn was 25-14 as a HD, but is 0-3 this year. SMU QB Ben Hicks threw for 318 (65%, 4-0 ratio) LW & will continue his upward trend vs a UConn D that ranks #130 in our PDR.
FORECAST: SMU by 30

Power6ix

Drop Football
Reaction Score
I was stunned when I saw Vegas opened the line at SMU -17. Its only Tuesday and its already up to 20 points. Would be utterly shocked if UConn covers that.

drop football

Reaction Score
First time ever that a UConn game was his top selection. He expects a blowout. I say take the Huskies and the points. Thank me later.

4 STAR
SMU over CONNECTICUT - SMU is 3-0 SU/ATS as AAC rivals, winning by 15 ppg & covering by 9 ppg. After starting the season 0-3 SU under new HC Dykes, SMU has won 4 of 6 & finds itself in contention for bowl eligibility following their outright upset over a ranked Houston squad LW. There wasn’t anything strange about the Ponies massive upset as they led 31-14 at the half & finished w/25-15 FD & 514-365 yd edges. UConn continued their downward trend with their 6th loss by 30+ pts LW at Tulsa. UConn was 25-14 as a HD, but is 0-3 this year. SMU QB Ben Hicks threw for 318 (65%, 4-0 ratio) LW & will continue his upward trend vs a UConn D that ranks #130 in our PDR.

You are literally the last person on earth I would take betting advice from.

Reaction Score

4 STAR

- Entire BY runs to bookie to bet SMU

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

4 STAR
I hope someday we will get to thank you. Someday it will happen....right? Yeah, someday.

Reaction Score
Kids are sitting out games because they got C’s?

If this is the case just shut it down. I honestly can’t stand the way we pretend that UConn is an elite academic institution. We wonder why the program is struggling. WE ARE DOING THIS WITH ONE HAND TIED BEHIND OUR BACK. Either compete using the same rules as other big boy schools or put it out of its misery.

I’m advocating that kids have their papers written for them and the have weekly meetings with bagmen in the dark of night.

Reaction Score
Kids are sitting out games because they got C’s?

If this is the case just shut it down. I honestly can’t stand the way we pretend that UConn is an elite academic institution. We wonder why the program is struggling. WE ARE DOING THIS WITH ONE HAND TIED BEHIND OUR BACK. Either compete using the same rules as other big boy schools or put it out of its misery.

I’m advocating that kids have their papers written for them and the have weekly meetings with bagmen in the dark of night.

There is zero shot they are sitting because of Cs

Reaction Score
So Washington is done for the year but still number 2?
Go figure? He has academic problems, he’s listed #2. He stays home for USF, he’s listed #2. He stays home for Tulsa, he’s listed #2. He is benched for rest of the season, he’s still listed #2. Sounds like a bunch of #2!

What is Edsall doing? I’m sure the other QB’s are happy about this. What about any future qb thinking about committing here? If I saw this lack of commitment, to the QB position, I would stay as far away as possible.

Reaction Score
Go figure? He has academic problems, he’s listed #2. He stays home for USF, he’s listed #2. He stays home for Tulsa, he’s listed #2. He is benched for rest of the season, he’s still listed #2. Sounds like a bunch of #2!

What is Edsall doing? I’m sure the other QB’s are happy about this. What about any future qb thinking about committing here? If I saw this lack of commitment, to the QB position, I would stay as far away as possible.

I’m sure the other QBs aren’t reading the depth chart on line ;). The depth chart means nothing @ this point in the season. It’s released because it has to be released. Kevon Jones is listed as starting LB as well.

Reaction Score
Fuller: Freshmen Kevon Jones, Marvin Washington to miss UConn’s final three games

>>There are still plenty of true freshmen playing prominent roles. Safety Oneil Robinson is coming off a career-high 15-tackle performance against Tulsa, while defensive tackle Travis Jones has 10 tackles in the last two games and recorded 11/2 tackles for loss on Saturday.

“The last couple of weeks have been more intense. I’m dropping weight so I’m able to move a little faster,” said Jones, who is now at 341 pounds after weighing as much as 370.

Robinson is attempting to add weight to his frame but he hasn’t been shy about getting physical, as his 40 tackles ranks 10th among FBS true freshmen this season.<<

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Sucks about Washington. Would like to have seen him get more snaps for a bunch of reasons.

I really hope Randy is willing to pull Pindell this week. Not because of Pindell, who I really admire, but because we need to get Krajewski some PT.

Reaction Score
What's the O/U on attendance? 500? LOL

When I left Hartford earlier this year, you guys lost 8 guys in the stands for sure.

Obviously, I hope my Mustangs maul the Huskies.

Nevertheless, I hope you guys figure out a way to field a decent team (I didn’t like the Edsel hire). I have lots of Uconn grads as friends. Good people. #ponyup

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom