Game Week - UConn v. SMU (11/10/18 @ Noon on ESPN3) | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. SMU (11/10/18 @ Noon on ESPN3)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Since there’s only three games left, any chance we might see the other freshmen that haven’t played yet? I don’t know how Edsall plans to “rebuild” the team with these guys getting no experience while keeping the ones in the entire game. Any ideas out there?

Reaction Score
More important question, is how Edsall plans to build a program out of freshmen who's bodies are getting beaten to a pulp, with still 3 games to go. Better hope everybody is physically ready to go by March and the trainers and doctors do a good job.

Reaction Score
More important question, is how Edsall plans to build a program out of freshmen who's bodies are getting beaten to a pulp, with still 3 games to go. Better hope everybody is physically ready to go by March and the trainers and doctors do a good job.

Everybody’s bodys take a beating. Doesn’t matter if they are freshman. Won’t effect their off-season.

Reaction Score
It's been five years since I went to a football game (live a 1000 miles away) so I'm looking for advice to where to park.

We used to park off-site but with attendance so bad is it possible to park near the stadium? Or do you need one of the parking passes?

Reaction Score
Everybody’s bodys take a beating. Doesn’t matter if they are freshman. Won’t effect their off-season.

What I've seen in the past 2 weeks, is different. I have no idea what Edsall was thinking in putting the roster together that he did, especially on D for this year. I don't know what led to the decision making and roster make-up to play so many true freshman. But it's taking a toll.

This is not 1999-2000, and UConn's schedule is a division 1-A. I've seen late game meltdowns and players going of the field that are simply physically unable to compete and are getting wrecked. There is a reason we are doing well in the first quarter - first half of games, and then failing - and it's not because of game plans or play calling.

I wonder how many of the starting roster are going to be under surgeon's care for bone and joint issues come January. Tough to get in the weight room, and be ready to go for March - when that is the case.

I hope I'm wrong.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I have a feeling this will be a bigger beatdown than we might be imagining. Lashlee must have some bad blood with Randy, and I doubt he steps off the gas at all

Reaction Score
I have a feeling this will be a bigger beatdown than we might be imagining. Lashlee must have some bad blood with Randy, and I doubt he steps off the gas at all

Why "must" he have bad blood - he didn't get fired and he's in a better place (seemingly) for his family/career?

You'll learn soon enuff' -- Happy wife = happy life ;)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Why "must" he have bad blood - he didn't get fired and he's in a better place (seemingly) for his family/career?

You'll learn soon enuff' -- Happy wife = happy life ;)

He was going to wherever would take him. He sought the job at freakin Rutgers. Had nothing to do with going back to the south IMO, and there was a clear change of hands in the direction of the offense that happened during the Temple game last season. Randy has a history of being despotic in his leadership style, and the way everything went down seems to suggest bad blood to me. I could be wrong, but Randy's subtle shots at Rhett when talking about John Dunn's style and Rhett leaving for an in conference team after just one season says a lot to me.

Reaction Score
He was going to wherever would take him. He sought the job at freakin Rutgers. Had nothing to do with going back to the south IMO.

I agree he wanted out... just not convinced it was due to bad blood. I heard that the Rutgers interest/interview w/ Ash was intended as leverage for the South Carolina job w/ Mushchamp that he was interested in... Rutgers was never happening and he wasn't comfortable in CT ergo Dallas. I'm sure he wants to win tho'

Reaction Score
Notes from Weekly Press Conference:

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 1 minute ago
Tuesday with Randy, SMU edition, about to get started. Wonder if there will be any goodies today.

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 29 seconds ago
SMU game will be available only via streaming on ESPN3. Noon start at the Rent.

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 23 seconds ago
Edsall “Our guys are doing really well. And they’re getting better.”

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 20 seconds ago
Edsall on his young players: "They're all young, raw and they're working."

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 1 minute ago
UConn LB Kevon Jones "not available the rest of the year." Edsall says he'll concentrate on academics.

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 1 minute ago
Edsall says Kevon Jones and Marvin Washington won't play for the remainder of the season, adding both need football taken off their plate so they can focus on academics.

Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman 39 seconds ago
Randy Edsall says he gave Marvin the option of whether to keep playing or to focus on school. Marvin chose the latter, which Edsall saw as a sign of his maturity.

Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller 52 seconds ago
#UConn coach Randy Edsall got pretty emotional discussing Marvin Washington's decision to be a scout team QB for rest of the season and focus on academics

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 34 seconds ago
Edsall more subdued during press conference than previous weeks.

@Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 52 seconds ago
Edsall said a player came into his office the other day and apologized for not being the leader that he should have been.

@Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 27 seconds ago
Edsall: "Some of these guys think Cs are OK. That's average. I don't want these kids to be average. .. That's my values and moral system. It's what I believe in."

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 37 seconds ago
Edsall usually has a theme for his weekly meeting with media. Today’s focus: academics.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dissapointed in Jones and Washington but am happy that Washington elected to focus on academics when given the choice.

I am absolutely shocked Hahn is still starting, Jones or no Jones. I would go Sterling and Gilmartin. Gilmartin doesn’t have a ton of range but he plays with intensity and can tackle.

Reaction Score
And dissapointed there are no changes to lineup or some “Ors” next to names on defense.

Reaction Score
I am absolutely shocked Hahn is still starting, Jones or no Jones. I would go Sterling and Gilmartin. Gilmartin doesn’t have a ton of range but he plays with intensity and can tackle.

Gilmartin is dinged up w/ shoulder injury and is questionable...
And dissapointed there are no changes to lineup or some “Ors” next to names on defense.

Depth chart is just an exercise @ this point in time... e.g. Washington @ QB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom