Game Week - UConn v. Purdue (Saturday 9/11/21 @ 3p on CBSSN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Purdue (Saturday 9/11/21 @ 3p on CBSSN)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What are you guys strengths and weaknesses?

we are headlined by two of the best players in America one on each side (bell, karlaftis). A lot of recruited talent that we’ve been waiting on for years just showed up on defense on Saturday… it’s an athletic physical defense. Offense is less talented. Weaknesses are a non power 5 player at MLB (43) and an offensive line (other than center Gus Hartwig) that might be the least talented in the big ten.
Well let’s see. Our head-coach was just forced into retirement. Our most talented offensive player has a broken foot. We have 2 freshmen and 2 sophomores on our OL and still insist on trying to run it up the gut every first down. No one in our Dbackfield can tackle.

I would say our strengths are our dline and our punter/kicker

Reaction Score
You’re playing Purdue.. it’s pretty hard for us to have too much sympathy for anyone. Google Darrell hazell

we are about to go 5-7/6-6 and I’m gonna be ecstatic about it..
UConn and Purdue are not that much different than some may think- Basketball is king at both Universities. UConn does have 4 rings - Purdue zero. Expectations are sky high this year for Boiler Hoops team.
Only 1 University in Indiana hangs their hat on Football- ND
IU and Purdue would trade a good football team for a great basketball team any day of the week

Reaction Score
What are you guys strengths and weaknesses?

we are headlined by two of the best players in America one on each side (bell, karlaftis). A lot of recruited talent that we’ve been waiting on for years just showed up on defense on Saturday… it’s an athletic physical defense. Offense is less talented. Weaknesses are a non power 5 player at MLB (43) and an offensive line (other than center Gus Hartwig) that might be the least talented in the big ten.
Boiler, we have more talent than the record shows (not enough to beat a Big Ten team, however). The team was too prone to mistakes and seemed to play a little uptight. I think they will be looser on Saturday, hopefully that will result in a better effort. Our oline really needs to gel for the offense to get moving. Our 2 top wide receivers are both injured and out for the season. Defense should be solid although the secondary is fairly young and needs to improve also. I'd like to think that Spanos will insert more energy into the team, that's an x-factor that also has been missing.

Reaction Score
Boiler, we have more talent than the record shows (not enough to beat a Big Ten team, however). The team was too prone to mistakes and seemed to play a little uptight. I think they will be looser on Saturday, hopefully that will result in a better effort. Our oline really needs to gel for the offense to get moving. Our 2 top wide receivers are both injured and out for the season. Defense should be solid although the secondary is fairly young and needs to improve also. I'd like to think that Spanos will insert more energy into the team, that's an x-factor that also has been missing.
I was just looking at your depth chart and unless I’m missing something I’m not seeing this roster that looks like Indiana state… I mean your starting nose tackle is 330.. so. Head scratcher .. I really really hope brohm has learned his lesson about underestimating teams like eastern Michigan

Reaction Score
Well let’s see. Our head-coach was just forced into retirement. Our most talented offensive player has a broken foot. We have 2 freshmen and 2 sophomores on our OL and still insist on trying to run it up the gut every first down. No one in our Dbackfield can tackle.

I would say our strengths are our dline and our punter/kicker
Well this just got interesting because our weakness is our OL. Oregon state fans lamented having a weak DL and it showed.

youth is youth, and sometimes young players are really good, but If your RT is not really good it’s gonna be a long day .. unless of course you hold your TE in to double karlaftis. Oregon state TEs did next to nothing and George still beat the double a lot.

I can’t speak to your level now.. but at the big ten level our LT, RT and RG aren’t very good.

tackle cam Craig has been injured. He played a little against Oregon state. He’s our most talented OL along with C Gus Hartwig .. a four star that Ohio state wanted (for good reason). But I don’t think cam is back to himself yet. So.. our offense might not go wild on you guys like you might think

Reaction Score
If we can keep this game close and take a respectable loss or maybe just maybe pull off a upset that will rejuvenate the fan base and team. They cannot afford a 45-0 loss. This is the ideal trap game for Purdue. A 0-2 team coming off a cancelled season and coaching change Purdue might sleep on them and if we punch them in the mouth first play of the game maybe we can steal one

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom