Game Week - UConn v. Purdue (Saturday 9/11/21 @ 3p on CBSSN) | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Purdue (Saturday 9/11/21 @ 3p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
What are you guys strengths and weaknesses?

we are headlined by two of the best players in America one on each side (bell, karlaftis). A lot of recruited talent that we’ve been waiting on for years just showed up on defense on Saturday… it’s an athletic physical defense. Offense is less talented. Weaknesses are a non power 5 player at MLB (43) and an offensive line (other than center Gus Hartwig) that might be the least talented in the big ten.

Reaction Score
Ha, only one non power 5 player. We have a whole squad of non power players. If we stay within 40 it'll be a miracle.

Reaction Score
Ha, only one non power 5 player. We have a whole squad of non power players. If we stay within 40 it'll be a miracle.
I don’t think that’s guaranteed to be the case.. teams tend to rally around new coaches and they’ll probably be running some stuff that’s not on film. I also think our OL has 2-4 non p5

Reaction Score
I don’t think that’s guaranteed to be the case.. teams tend to rally around new coaches and they’ll probably be running some stuff that’s not on film. I also think our OL has 2-4 non p5

Yes the team will rally around Spanos and they will most likely open up the offense a bit. I would expect some play action and less running up the middle and on defense some more blitz packages but we will see. Should be a more upbeat crowd as well.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
What are you guys strengths and weaknesses?

we are headlined by two of the best players in America one on each side (bell, karlaftis). A lot of recruited talent that we’ve been waiting on for years just showed up on defense on Saturday… it’s an athletic physical defense. Offense is less talented. Weaknesses are a non power 5 player at MLB (43) and an offensive line (other than center Gus Hartwig) that might be the least talented in the big ten.
Welcome to the Yard! For over a decade, UCONN football was known for setting ridiculous, and occasionally historic, lows in college football performance and expectations, then promptly blasting through them. Right now we are at Challenger Deep level. However, on Monday UCONN cut one of the heaviest anchors that's been weighing us down. We will not resurface to respectability in 5 days, but you will be the first team to play UCONN in the new era.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Yard! For over a decade, UCONN football was known for setting ridiculous, and occasionally historic, lows in college football performance and expectations, then promptly blasting through them. Right now we are at Challenger Deep level. However, on Monday UCONN cut one of the heaviest anchors that's been weighing us down. We will not resurface to respectability in 5 days, but you will be the first team to play UCONN in the new era.
You’re playing Purdue.. it’s pretty hard for us to have too much sympathy for anyone. Google Darrell hazell

we are about to go 5-7/6-6 and I’m gonna be ecstatic about it..

Reaction Score
What I wouldn’t give to ditch two teams on our schedule and have glorified practices against UMass and Yale lol.

if you’re us and your OTs are all hurt.. and you just beat a big ten team.. no week off. You’re headed to Ohio state ..

Reaction Score

Just show up. Purdue will be just fine. We'll get an emotional lift from our new interim coach and starting QB change, but there's still so much wrong with everything our team does. Both our starting WRs are out for the year, so that hurts the passing game that much more.

We might find a way to keep it respectable, but Purdue should win comfortably.

As a longtime UConn fan I hated writing that last sentence.

Reaction Score
Just show up. Purdue will be just fine. We'll get an emotional lift from our new interim coach and starting QB change, but there's still so much wrong with everything our team does. Both our starting WRs are out for the year, so that hurts the passing game that much more.

We might find a way to keep it respectable, but Purdue should win comfortably.

As a longtime UConn fan I hated writing that last sentence.
I’m not saying we won’t but I’m not expecting to win 56-0.. if you knew our history you’d know why.. even if your new coach sucks, it’s not impossible for him to have the game of his life against us.

drew Brees senior year notre dame’s QBs were all hurt.. their only choice was to go to 5th string QB who was a TE and former high school QB Gary godsey.. they beat the Purdue rose bowl team on a last second field goal. Early in the game Purdue punter Travis Dorsch apparently called a fake punt but didn’t tell anyone …

I’m expecting Purdue to kinda stumble adjusting to new looks that aren’t on film.. maybe have a few drives where some plays break down and then start to get it going… win maybe 31-17… if it was still edsall 56-0.

Reaction Score
Purdue.. routes number 2 Ohio state in 2018.. I know some of you remember that game? The next week Minnesota fires their DT on Tuesday, then beats us soundly. We take nothing for granted

Reaction Score
I think you’re underestimating how profoundly awful this program has been the last 4-5 years. Historically bad. The only wildcard we have on the table is the unknown.
lol again.. Gary godsey.. backup TE and 5th string QB who never threw a pass again. I’ll wanna feel like the coaches have you guys down pat before celebrating … our luck your new QB will be retiring in 25 years from a Tom Brady like career and he’ll talk about how after a long hiatus the Purdue game was his shot lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom