Game Week - UConn v. MTSU (Friday 10/22/21 @ 6p on CBSSN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. MTSU (Friday 10/22/21 @ 6p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
Their RG was a 4* recruit who transferred in from the university of Georgia. The transfer portal is nice for a team like UConn that can’t get commitments from 4 or 5* recruits.
Your point is well taken, anything on the other 29? No argument but It is much easier to get a kid to transfer from Georgia to Tenn than it would be to Connecticut. Again no spitting match and all due respect but the star system while something to go on is not perfect science.
We are going to need more than CC transfers to succeed along with retention of our underclassmen of the past two recruiting classes.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I don’t get that starting time for a weeknight game. Gonna have to haul arse from work and fight around Hartford rush hour traffic just to get there by the 2nd qtr.
I’ve noticed rush hour is much lighter than it used to be. Drove in for the hockey game on Friday two weeks ago and hit no traffic…arrived at the XL Center at 6:00.

Reaction Score
I’ve noticed rush hour is much lighter than it used to be. Drove in for the hockey game on Friday two weeks ago and hit no traffic…arrived at the XL Center at 6:00.

Interesting that traffic in greater Hartford is light. Because in Fairfield County, even without white collar workers all being back in their offices full time, traffic right now is a total nightmare. The presumption is that more people are not taking the train but driving than are former drivers who are staying home, but I’m not sure I buy that.

Reaction Score
Interesting that traffic in greater Hartford is light. Because in Fairfield County, even without white collar workers all being back in their offices full time, traffic right now is a total nightmare. The presumption is that more people are not taking the train but driving than are former drivers who are staying home, but I’m not sure I buy that.
It's happening in Boston. Traffic is about back to normal, but train and T ridership is way down.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Well, keep in mind that it’s a very unscientific study with an n of 1. It’s more observational than anything else. I may have just gotten lucky.

Reaction Score
Agreed.. Traffic is horrendous in Fairfield County... and since when does it makes sense to do roadwork on main artieries middday and rush hour? well, midday might be acceptable but doing that stuff during rush hour makes absolutely zero senxse... how bout they go back to doing that stuff late night... just sayin...

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Trains are still waaaay below normal frequency/quality, and add the safety factor in...

I'm about to return to the rails, despite the safety piece. Driving, even a couple of days a week, is just too awful

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Train schedule is running about 80% of pre-pandemic. Assuming ridership is similar, this might explain it. As it stands, traffic varies widely by day of the week lately. I also believe a small number of non-regular rush hour travelers are gumming up the works something fierce, which would also include people who moved from NY but now go to the office once or twice a week.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Get us a stop, Lou Spanos. Get us a stop this play. Because we’re all in the mood for a victory and they’ve been running all over us today.
...running through us all day. Today also works.

Reaction Score
Question. Why isn’t Brewton returning punts along with kickoffs? He the most explosive returner we have by a mile.
Keelan Marian is averaging more than 15 yards per punt return which isn't bad. After the Army and Vandy games no one is kicking to Brian Brewton anymore. As a result, we are getting some great field positions because the assortment of short kicks from the other teams that are design to keep the ball out of Brewton's hands. Our special teams play has been the highlight of this of this season.

Reaction Score
Question. Why isn’t Brewton returning punts along with kickoffs? He the most explosive returner we have by a mile.

It’s probable that the reason Brewton isn’t returning punts is that the coaches aren’t nearly as smart as you, and as good as he is at returning kickoffs it has never occurred to them.

That what you wanted to hear? Seriously, what’s wrong with you? The answer that they have practices and for whatever reason Marion is better than him at returning punts didn’t occur to you? Maybe he can’t catch the ball with defenders bearing down on him. Maybe he can’t make the first guy miss before getting to full speed as good as Marion can. They are somewhat different skills.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom