Game Week-> UConn v. Illinois (9/7/19 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week-> UConn v. Illinois (9/7/19 @ 3:30p on CBSSN)

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I could argue that Randy chose the best approach against Wagner. Uconn had the superior team. The fumble, INT and botched 4th down was a 28 point swing. Playing conservative backfired because of the turnovers.
This week things are different. I’d like to see us attempt to keep them off balance. It’s not the best team that wins. It’s the team that plays the best. Being ultra conservative would be like not even trying to win. And that is unexceptionable.
I agree with this and it speaks to how much RE2.0 is really RE1.1. The problem is, you can't play with that philosophy AND mistake your way into 28 point negative swings. Mistake free, I think UConn has a good chance to surprise Illinois.

Reaction Score
CBSSN Crew: Dave Ryan & Corey Chavous

Illinois Game Notes for UConn

>>THE ILLINOIS-CONNECTICUT SERIES
• Saturday's game will be the first ever meeting between Illinois and Connecticut.
• The Illinois football team has never played a game in New England.
• The Illinois football team has never had a letterwinner from the state of Connecticut.
• The scheduling of Saturday's game was announced Feb. 11, 2014.<<

>>ILLINOIS-CONNECTICUT CONNECTIONS
• Connecticut WR Quayvon Skanes led Phillips Academy to the Illinois Class 4A state championship his senior year, becoming the first Public League team to win a state championship.

• Illinois defensive line coach Austin Clark's sister, Adrienne, previously served as an assistant softball coach at Connecticut from 2015-18.

• Connecticut has only 11 seniors, tied for the fourth fewest in the nation, while Illinois has only 13 seniors, tied for the 10th fewest in the nation.

• Illinois and Connecticut were two of only six programs in the nation to start the same five offensive linemen in 2018. Four of those five return to Illinois' line in 2019 (Kendrick Green,Doug Kramer, Vederian Lowe, and Alex Palczewski).<<

UConn Game Notes for Illinois (UConn YTD stats begin on pg16)

Reaction Score
Can we win? Sure. Will we? Don't know. But let's say for entertainment purposes you had to make one mandatory wager on the money line from one of the major sites. Would you be more comfortable laying $1600 on Illinois to win $100--or--laying $100 on UConn to win $912? Asking for a friend.

Reaction Score
Can we win? Sure. Will we? Don't know. But let's say for entertainment purposes you had to make one mandatory wager on the money line from one of the major sites. Would you be more comfortable laying $1600 on Illinois to win $100--or--laying $100 on UConn to win $912? Asking for a friend.

Is that even a question?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
What time do the tailgates open for this game? Is it bad if I show up at 9am? I need to be heavily intoxicated for this matchup.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
What time do the tailgates open for this game? Is it bad if I show up at 9am? I need to be heavily intoxicated for this matchup.
10:30 permit 11:30 public - they wont let ya in at 9 but that sounds like the right time to start drinkin'

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
You need talent too, just saying. We know you are not an Edsall guy, but this is on everyone not just the coaches but the players too
This is Edsall's 3rd year. He's working his own recruits into the system. We should see marked improvement this year, especially on defense. No excuses; get it done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom