Game Week: UConn v. ECU (Senior Day->11/23/19 @ Noon on ESPN3) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week: UConn v. ECU (Senior Day->11/23/19 @ Noon on ESPN3)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Hope to see Steve start at quarterback and see what he can do as a starter since he never got that chance once he was hurt in the UCF game.
Disappointed in Kevon Jones that he won't be playing the last two games as I think he has been the most consistent pass rusher on the team this year.

I will enjoy seeing freshman play that earned it the past few weeks.

I hope that people can drag themselves away from tailgating to honor those seniors and juniors who will play their last game at UConn. I plan on being in the stadium early enough to honor those young men and I hope others do the same

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So Mike breaks the news that had been rumored that Coyle is undecided on returning for 2020. I hope he returns - he'll get a ton of snaps again and wont have to worry about being the #2 guy someplace else.

Looking at notable UConn players that went elsewhere in 2019:

Tyler Davis - through 10 games at GT: 14 catches for 131 yards / 9.4 yard avg, zero TDs. GT is 2-8 on the season. Last year Davis appeared in 9 games with 22 catches for 237 yards for a 10.8 yard average with 6 TDs. For his three active years at UConn his cumulative stats were: 47 receptions/500 yards/ 10.6 yard avg, 7 TDs.

Keyion Dixon - through eleven games at Eastern Kentucky: 29 catches for 458 yards / 15.9 yard avg, 1 TD. Dixon also attempted two passes in last week's game going 1-2 for 4 yards. This was his first game with any passing activity. EKU is 6.-5. Over two years at UConn Dixon had 44 catches with 3 TDs and 507 yards fora 11.5 yard avg.

Darrian Beavers - through 10 games at Cincy: 16 solo tackles and 11 assists with zero sacks, PDs or fumble recoveries. Cincy is 10-1 on the season. In his first two years at UConn Beavers had 24 solo tackles, 14 assists, 7 sacks and 2 pass defenses.

Kevin Murphy - has appeared in 6 games at LA Tech (first game wasn't until 9/28 due to injury): 3 solo tackles, 8 assists, 1 tackle for a loss, no sacks, PDs or fumble recoveries. LA Tech is 8-2. During Kevin's three active years at UConn he contributed 12 solo tackles, 20 assists, 1 sack, 1 interception, zero fumble recoveries.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
We’ll miss Thompkins immensely. Hope he gets half the reps at least Saturday. Gonna be windy, a tad cold but not freezing. Runnin’ Randy dream.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm not convinced Alex has this correct - because I thought Edsall wanted to finish the season before decisions are made for certain red shirt juniors.

Reaction Score
We’ll miss Thompkins immensely. Hope he gets half the reps at least Saturday. Gonna be windy, a tad cold but not freezing. Runnin’ Randy dream.
Agreed, but I think Dante Black will fill in just fine

Reaction Score
I'm not convinced Alex has this correct - because I thought Edsall wanted to finish the season before decisions are made for certain red shirt juniors.

Congrats to these young men on their achievements...

Just wondering, how many schollies do we now have to fill for next season's roster?

Reaction Score
Dante Black is another player that was mismanaged. He should’ve had more time last year and could’ve seen a lot more snaps this season during our blowout games.
Agreed 10000%.. I think he's going to be a huge suprise for us next year...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Notable names not being recognized this weekend that may possibly qualify as graduating seniors:

Tyler Coyle
Tahj Herring-Wilson
Quayvon Skanes
Ryan Gilmartin
Kyle Williams (WO who earned a Sholarship this fall)
Donovan Williams (received medical redshirt for 2020)

Reaction Score
Notable names not being recognized this weekend that may possibly qualify as graduating seniors:

Tyler Coyle
Tahj Herring-Wilson
Quayvon Skanes
Ryan Gilmartin
Kyle Williams (WO who earned a Sholarship this fall)
Donovan Williams (received medical redshirt for 2020)
Half the kids here I'm not surprised about. They'd like to go out on a high note. They've been important pieces to this team in live games. Can't blame them for taking advantage of the opportunity to make that happen...

Reaction Score
Oooof on the O Line departures. That’s a killer. Shocking actually that Leone and Degeorge are leaving. Can definitely start for P5 teams though so not surprised.

Reaction Score
Congrats to these young men on their achievements...

Just wondering, how many schollies do we now have to fill for next season's roster?
Hope you are right. I hate to lose 3 starters off our offensive line.

Reaction Score
Hope you are right. I hate to lose 3 starters off our offensive line.
losing 3 OL starters is tough.. Didn't see the DeGeorge and Leone thing coming... our young pups better be working their tails off between now and next Fall camp.. ALSO, we probably need to sign a Grad Transfer and another JUCO to help out. just makes too much sense. If we don't would mean expect another down year.. you can't have a weak OL when you haven't shown much in real games the last 3 seasons... just unacceptable

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
FWIW- over the past few weeks the staff has been following a few more JUCO OL than in the past. I could see us bringing in one JUCO or grad and two more high schoolers for four new OL altogether.

Reaction Score
DeGeorge has been moved in and out of the line up. The staff was seeking more physicality.
He lost his starting job in the Central Florida or Indiana game ( I don't recall ) but it looked like he has started every game since then. I was wondering if his replacement got hurt. I think it was Robert Holmes

Reaction Score
Because Edsall said they will honor all the graduating seniors...but some maybe back for their fifth year.
I think some listed as graduating are waiting to see if they are asked back By Edsall to play next year but want to “graduate and walk” on Saturday with their teammates.. if they are asked back and want to stay they will be able to do so.. unfortunately I think DeGeorge and possibly Leone are definitely moving on..

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I was worried yesterday when I heard 15 about Cam and Nino. I can't blame them but this makes rebuilding harder when you can't develop guys to get their best in their senior year. Now Hubbard and Holmes need to step up and we will need 2 juco/transfer O linemen imo.

Reaction Score
He lost his starting job in the Central Florida or Indiana game ( I don't recall ) but it looked like he has started every game since then. I was wondering if his replacement got hurt. I think it was Robert Holmes
I think Holmes got injured sometime around the Tulane game. He's played since but has been hurt I believe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom