Game Week: UConn v. ECU (Senior Day->11/23/19 @ Noon on ESPN3) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week: UConn v. ECU (Senior Day->11/23/19 @ Noon on ESPN3)

Reaction Score
Apologies in advance - not able to consolidate tweets today so you’ll have to deal w/ the redundancy in some respects (hate when real work gets in the way of things).

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Assuming this will be:

Ardell Brown
Mike Beaudry
Art Thompkins
Matt Peart
Ben Bonvicini
Kyle Williams
Donovan O'Reilly
Stanley Little
Eli Thomas
Donovan Williams * (Could potentially RS and return)

Plus 5 RS Juniors.

Reaction Score

Again. Does one need to be taking a minimum of twelve credits to play during the semester or is it front loaded during Summer? Based on an assumption that he maybe struggling with course work.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Although it is now a moot point, I have always believed that the AAC watered down it's brand by including ECU, Tulane and Tulsa.

A Conference composed of the below named 9 teams would have commanded greater media respect.

UConn
Cincinnati
Temple
UCF
USF
Navy
Memphis
SMU
Navy

I can't wait until UConn gets the hell out of the AAC.
I don't know, Navy fielding two teams seems a little sketchy to me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anybody know the TV situation for this game? I will be in South Carolina, not sure if that helps or hurts in terms of availability.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Anybody know the TV situation for this game? I will be in South Carolina, not sure if that helps or hurts in terms of availability.
It’s on ESPN3, apparently, so you should be good wherever.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Looks like it will cold but not freezing with low winds. Should be comfortable (relatively speaking) on the sunny side of the field.

Reaction Score

Declassified view here

>>Fifteen UConn players, including some with eligibility remaining, will be honored Saturday as part of Senior Day festivities, though Edsall declined to say who those players will be.

The Huskies have only eight players who are out of eligibility. Edsall said he’ll decide after the season whether to welcome back certain fourth-year players with a year remaining but that some had already come forward to say they wished to celebrate Senior Day.<<

Reaction Score
Well anyone dumb enough to take the o2.5 like myself here we go. Actually have a fairly sizeable amount on it so I’m hoping for the best vs ECU, but I could not feel any less confident. On the contrary, I was extremely confident when I made it as I knew Wagner and Umass were locks. That left 1 win needed. I thought Illinois and South florida were very winnable. Didn’t think Houston would take the approach they did this year so they turned out to be another opportunity. Navy and Temple are much better than I thought. Temple will take us to the woodshed in the final week. I think UConn’s defense is still absolutely terrible. I like the fact we get Diamond back, but now lose Jones.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
To me, what occurs between 11am and noon is just as important as what happens from noon to 3:30pm.

Why?

We know about the seniors leaving, but there are about 5 or 6 guys that are either red shirt juniors or juniors with enough credits to be included in Senior Day festivities. The key to building this back up are talented players but even more importantly, 5th year guys. I would prefer us to be not so young next year and while I won't speculate on this board who is moving on, I really hope it isn't key players.

The game itself hopefully allows us to see the emergence of Krajewski. We need a solid QB who can read the defenses, make the throws and ultimately be a leader out there. If we had better QB play, we beat Illinois and Houston and some of the other games are tighter and then who knows what happens. If we had 4 wins going into ECU, the optics on this program would be radically different. The key for next year is QB. We need a leader in the club house or then it is praying Micah Leon is the man and we have to live with another brand new QB.

Reaction Score
Krajewski back... here's hoping to him practicing well and getting a start. Nice to see that Williams will return next year and that he and Harrell are healthy for the stretch run. Disappointing with Jones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom