Game Week: UConn v. ECU (Senior Day->11/23/19 @ Noon on ESPN3) | The Boneyard

Game Week: UConn v. ECU (Senior Day->11/23/19 @ Noon on ESPN3)

Reaction Score
Although it is now a moot point, I have always believed that the AAC watered down it's brand by including ECU, Tulane and Tulsa.

A Conference composed of the below named 9 teams would have commanded greater media respect.

UConn
Cincinnati
Temple
UCF
USF
Navy
Memphis
SMU
Navy

I can't wait until UConn gets the hell out of the AAC.

Reaction Score
IDK, Ahlers has been throwing for a lot lately. Have to get to him or pressure him somehow.

Reaction Score
Big decisions this week- which red shirt juniors will be honored and recognized as playing their final game at UConn.
Given the bleak outlook for next year, I can't imagine any of the RS Juniors want to return. Move on with life and be grateful you got a degree, and recognize that the last two years of football may have been hell but you survived it.

Reaction Score
ECU’s Mike Houston on AAC Weekly Coaches’ Teleconference:

Reaction Score
If Steven Krajewski is healthy than he should start both games. It would make no sense for to start any other quarterback. I think Steven Krajewski has proven he is capable of running the offense and deserves more than just the garbage time he has gotten since being here.

If he says he is 100% healthy and medical staff agrees - I would agree that it’s time to answer that question once and for all.

Reaction Score
Lost season. Why throw him in there?

Because you want to see if how he does in meaningful minutes? Need to see if he might be the answer next year. If he flops then they can focus on adding another QB.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
How many redshirt juniors on the team currently?

Here's what I have - I have not double check these in a while - could have mistakes here:

Redshirt Juniors:
Quayvon Skanes
Cam DeGeorge
Nino Leone
Noel Brouse
AJ Garson
Ryan Gilmartin
Eddie Hahn
Brett Graham
Tyler Coyle
Tahj Herring-Wilson

Also, I believe Mason Donaldson is in grad school now, he has one more year of eligibility.

Other situations:
-Mike Beaudry originally intended to apply for a medical redshirt for the 2020 season. I'm not certain when he will know his medical redshirt status. Also, it seems his best opportunity for the field in 2020 may no longer be here at UConn.
-Donovan Williams - he's in his senior year - however could he apply for a medical red shirt to play in 2020?
-Donevin O'Reilly - I believe he has an extra year of eligibility as a senior, but just experienced his second ACL tear in 18 months.
-Kyle Williams - a senior that his his scholarship this fall as a walk on might have another year of eligibility - not sure.

Graduating/Exhausted Eligibility:
-Matt Peart
-Art Thompkins
-Ardell Brown
-Sean Young

Projected 2020 Senior Class (Edsall Year 4):
(list below ignores the high probability several aforementioned red shirt juniors will return as super seniors)

-Kevin Mensah
-Jay Rose
-Ryan Van Demark
-Andrew Torres-Silva
-Dillon Harris
-Omar Fortt
-DJ Morgan
-Diamond Harrell

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope they all return. Edsall keeps talking about how valuable it is to have redshirt seniors on the team.

Surprised Tyler Davis left- he had a shot to make an impact at TE

Reaction Score
Here's what I have - I have not double check these in a while - could have mistakes here:

Redshirt Juniors:
Quayvon Skanes
Cam DeGeorge
Nino Leone
Noel Brouse
AJ Garson
Ryan Gilmartin
Eddie Hahn
Brett Graham
Tyler Coyle
Tahj Herring-Wilson

Also, I believe Mason Donaldson is in grad school now, he has one more year of eligibility.

Other situations:
-Mike Beaudry originally intended to apply for a medical redshirt for the 2020 season. I'm not certain when he will know his medical redshirt status. Also, it seems his best opportunity for the field in 2020 may no longer be here at UConn.
-Donovan Williams - he's in his senior year - however could he apply for a medical red shirt to play in 2020?
-Donevin O'Reilly - I believe he has an extra year of eligibility as a senior, but just experienced his second ACL tear in 18 months.
-Kyle Williams - a senior that his his scholarship this fall as a walk on might have another year of eligibility - not sure.

Graduating/Exhausted Eligibility:
-Matt Peart
-Art Thompkins
-Ardell Brown
-Sean Young

Projected 2020 Senior Class (Edsall Year 4):
(list below ignores the high probability several aforementioned red shirt juniors will return as super seniors)

-Kevin Mensah
-Jay Rose
-Ryan Van Demark
-Andrew Torres-Silva
-Dillon Harris
-Omar Fortt
-DJ Morgan
-Diamond Harrell

What about Andrew Migliaccio, Jeffrey Sidebotham and Mason Donaldson who are redshirt juniors and
Ben bonvicini, Stanley little , who are redshirt seniors?
I’m counting 12 redshirt juniors, 5 redshirt seniors Including Peart and 4 graduated seniors.. that’s 21...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What about Andrew Migliaccio, Jeffrey Sidebotham and Mason Donaldson who are redshirt juniors and
Ben bonvicini, Stanley little , who are redshirt seniors?
I’m counting 12 redshirt juniors, 5 redshirt seniors Including Peart and 4 graduated seniors.. that’s 21...
I mentioned Donaldson in my long post above. As for the others, I focused on scholarship players only. Don’t think the others you mentioned are on scholarship.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
3-4 returning at most.
Another year of being "young" on the horizon. SMH

Reaction Score
To have any chance of improvement next season we have to have all the redshirt juniors that are starters return. After all the work over 4 years with a chance to lineup with more of an equal footing experience wise at all positions on the team next year I would be surprised if they left. If we had a good outlook at having a real productive QB it would not be out of the question to have a winning season. I don't know why D Williams injury has been kept secret all season but if he was going to miss the year why not state the facts? But that is Randy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom