Game Week - UConn v. #21 USF *CANCELLED* | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. #21 USF *CANCELLED*

Reaction Score
That would be difficult since, after expenses and ticket guarantees, most bowl trips end up with losses for the school.
Thanks, I had forgotten that. I drop that that part of my suggestion.

Reaction Score
I think the ACC should compensate UCONN out of their general funds, as it is simply not fair to make UCONN bear the total costs - it should be shared by all members. Also, they should compensate Connecticut in the event they finish the season 5W, 6L for the loss of the opportunity to participate in a bowl game. Maybe 50% of the revenue UCONN would receive if they finished 6 & 6 - based on what bowl they probably would have played in.

The ACC won't give a penny because UCONN is not in the ACC.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The ACC won't give a penny because UCONN is not in the ACC.
No point in suing the American, because whatever revenue we actually have gets paid to Aresco.

Reaction Score
Does ESPN know something? Was listening to the 8 a.m. show on Sirius-XM with Taylor Zarzur (? spelling) & Gino Toretta. Taylor was expounding on the seriousness of this hurricane & reviewing the Florida area schools not playing. He stated emphatically the "Central Florida & South Florida had postponed their games, while Miami & Florida had cancelled theirs. Either he's misinformed (most likely) or there are some boiler room machinations going on behind the scenes.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I don't understand how you can just not make up a league game. There are so many scenarios where this blows up in the league's face. If football is that unimportant in the grand scheme why are we not 2-0 (1-0)?

Reaction Score
crickets from AAC and UConn on how they fix this mess. I have to say, Aresco screwed this to the max with no plan and showing zero leadership.

? Maybe he's waiting till the storms pass to see how many games are affected by the aftermath? Both UCF and USF have home games scheduled next weekend that may be @ risk as well? Would seem to make sense before playing Jenga w/ future schedule changes.

Reaction Score
? Maybe he's waiting till the storms pass to see how many games are affected by the aftermath? Both UCF and USF have home games scheduled next weekend that may be @ risk at well? Would seem to make sense before playing Jenga w/ future schedule changes.
No, that makes too much sense. We should all be suing Aresco, the AAC, USF, and the city of Tampa because we missed a tailgate opportunity.

Reaction Score
Does ESPN know something? Was listening to the 8 a.m. show on Sirius-XM with Taylor Zarzur (? spelling) & Gino Toretta. Taylor was expounding on the seriousness of this hurricane & reviewing the Florida area schools not playing. He stated emphatically the "Central Florida & South Florida had postponed their games, while Miami & Florida had cancelled theirs. Either he's misinformed (most likely) or there are some boiler room machinations going on behind the scenes.
The AP college football scoreboard says UCONN-USF Postponed...TBD

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Irma just reached the keys. Tampa to feel impact late tonight or Monday.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, that makes too much sense. We should all be suing Aresco, the AAC, USF, and the city of Tampa because we missed a tailgate opportunity.

Right instead we should continue to sit back and watch UConn athletics slip further into irrelevance while the conference plays favorites based off who they think is better this season. We haven't put up any fight about anything yet - why start now.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Now you're talking! Wait you were serious right?

Reaction Score
I hope we are behind the scenes. We need AD Dave to be better than what came before.
I don't think USF wants to play us. They stand to lose a whole lot more than we do. If they lost to us their post season is a game at the Liquid Plummer Bowl, and if it's close or tied at halftime, forget a top 15 ranking during the season. If it was their golf team or tennis team that had to play in CT, they would be here guaranteed.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
My only hope is that there was an agreement made behind the scenes to a) make UConn whole financially b) have the USF home date moved to 2018 as them and Cincinnati are about the only teams that our fans even recognize c) would be nice to have an idea of how to get back our 6th home game.

Reaction Score
Heard from a friend who was on a flight to ATL yesterday, ran into someone from USF. They said they offered UConn the option to play Friday night but UConn wouldn't due to TV reasons. While I believe this, he could be blowing smoke.

Reaction Score
Heard from a friend who was on a flight to ATL yesterday, ran into someone from USF. They said they offered UConn the option to play Friday night but UConn wouldn't due to TV reasons. While I believe this, he could be blowing smoke.

It's not true... It was reported by numerous outlets that UConn was willing to play Friday night but USF could not arrange the charter on Thursday.

Reaction Score
It's not true... It was reported by numerous outlets that UConn was willing to play Friday night but USF could not arrange the charter on Thursday.

Guess he was making it up... Now I see why he was banned from the yard...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom