Game Week - UConn v. #21 USF *CANCELLED* | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. #21 USF *CANCELLED*

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
... and if you already bought tickets to that game through Fenway Gridiron Series site?

Agree w/ @whaler11 - refund or option to use towards another UConn sport tickets this year but it has to be a choice.
Refund. Period.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
... and if you already bought tickets to that game through Fenway Gridiron Series site?

Agree w/ @whaler11 - refund or use towards other UConn sport tickets this year but it has to be a choice.

In all seriousness, I think money back should be the first option. But I wasn't kidding when I said that I would be willing to take greater than face value in other sports. Preferably men's bball, but I really would accept some other sports as well...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Agree w/ @whaler11 - refund or option to use towards another UConn sport tickets this year but it has to be a choice.

I just saw that you added that to your quote, too. Great minds think alike. Mediocre minds also think alike... ;)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

It shouldn't even be legal for there to be anything but a refund.

Reaction Score
Letting things sink in, first now we lost out on two home games (USF and BC Fenway) I love the tailgating scene at UConn and missing out on what should of been two home games is not sitting to well right now.

UConn vs USF December 2, 2017 at the rent for the AAC championship, free tickets lol!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn: "Dan, we're willing to give you your money back. Or we could give you greater than face value in other sports tickets. Your call."

Me: "Illegal!!!"

:rolleyes:

Yeah you are the one guy on the planet who wants an extra $20 worth of field hockey vouchers.

I'm talking about general consumer protection laws.

And I don't even care about me. I don't even know how much my tickets cost on a per game basis. I complain about the policies because I have a better than rudimentary understanding of business.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yeah you are the one guy on the planet who wants an extra $20 worth of field hockey vouchers.

I'm talking about general consumer protection laws.

Settle down.

I, and others, have already said that money back should be offered first. But it could also be a way to make some folks happy to offer a 2-pack men's bball or something and increase attendance at the same time.

Take a deep breath for a moment. We're all disappointed the game is not happening. Give Benedict a chance to make us whole before you crucify him. If he doesn't, I'll join you with a pitchfork...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Settle down.

I, and others, have already said that money back should be offered first. But it could also be a way to make some folks happy to offer a 2-pack men's bball or something and increase attendance at the same time.

Take a deep breath for a moment. We're all disappointed the game is not happening. Give Benedict a chance to make us whole before you crucify him. If he doesn't, I'll join you with a pitchfork...

I don't blame Benedict for any of this and I totally expect he will do the right thing.

This debacle is 100% on the AAC for not ruling this a forfeit.

Reaction Score
I don't blame Benedict for any of this and I totally expect he will do the right thing.

This debacle is 100% on the AAC for not ruling this a forfeit.
this is the AAC treating UConn as a doormat. If I'm the athletic department I'm ripping Aresco a new one in private.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Games won't be moved around for this.

The league must realize that an undefeated USF team is still in danger of being left out of the playoffs at 11-0.

Make it happen, AAC...

Reaction Score
Interesting. It's doable, but I guess it depends on how much it's worth to the league to keep this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom